EZair reservation snafu - advice?

My husband and I are currently on the Sun Princess between Barcelona and Gibraltar. We booked our return flight from Rome to the U.S. through EZair for next week. This is only my second Princess cruise and my first time using EZair (and yes, I did see the reviews but the price difference was significant😬).

Today I logged into the airline app and noticed that EZair smooshed together our first and middle names on the reservation to make an extra long mega first name, which I imagine will be a problem with check-in, passport control, etc. I tried to fix this through the airline but they will not only charge us for the change, but also split our reservations apart. Naturally I've got a bit of a problem getting in contact with Princess by phone as I'm presently at sea. I also don't relish spending a couple hours of a port day on an expensive phone call. 

Does anyone who has had EZair issues in the past have advice for how to deal with this? Can guest services on board the ship help? Am I better off to just pay the airline to make the change and let them split our reservation? Thanks so much to anyone with insight to share. (And, yes, I would say I learned my EZair lesson the hard way😂)

The smooshing of the first and middle name is normal. It will not be a problem. It happens all the time. I've never had a problem, from Barcelona or any place. So long as the two smooshed names match your first and middle names

• Like 9

We use EZAir every time we cruise Princess and our first and middle names are always run together like that.  It has never once caused a problem when boarding the plane. I'm not sure exactly what nightmares people are encountering when using EZAir, but for us it's been problem-free and much cheaper than booking directly with the airline or through a booking site.  

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for the experiences! The name smooshing on air reservations is a first for me, but maybe we'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, cdoncruise said:

Thanks everyone for the experiences! The name smooshing on air reservations is a first for me, but maybe we'll just ride it out and hope for the best.

You have absolutely no problem whatsoever!  Happens to us every single time.  Please relax and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

Normal for some airlines and not a problem. Even middle initial vs. middle name is not a problem. I'm retired from an airline and names on our employee/retiree standby tickets come from the employee database and always appears as LAST/FIRSTMI. I am 100% for getting Pre-Check even though my passport name has my full middle name (same for my wife). The only "problem" has been for my son who is Brian A. and has ticket name appear as BRIANA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, cdoncruise said:

Yes, ride it out and enjoy the rest of your cruise. You won't have a problem.

12 hours ago, cdoncruise said:

(And, yes, I would say I learned my EZair lesson the hard way😂)

Hopefully the lesson you learned was not to blame EZ Air for actions taken by airlines.

Each time I use EZ Air domestically, the price is slightly higher than a nonrefundable ticket booked directly with an airline, but cheaper than a refundable ticket. EZ air allows no-penalty cancellations until 45 days from your flight.

For international flights there is typically no comparison. EZ Air will be the cheapest. If prices go down, you can cancel and rebook or switch airlines with no penalty.👌

The only times I don't use EZ Air is when I can pay with points.

• Like 2

Ok you made me look. I was just off the Crown on May 4th and I flew on United and booked through EZAir. This is how my name appeared on the ticket (not my real name)

JONES/JOHNLIVINGSTONMR

last name/first name middle name 

I always print a hard copy just in case my phone acts weird. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Ok you made me look. I was just off the Crown on May 4th and I flew on United and booked through EZAir. This is how my name appeared on the ticket (not my real name)

JONES/JOHNLIVINGSTONMR

last name/first name middle name 

I always print a hard copy just in case my phone acts weird. 

I print a hard copy of my airline tickets, hotel reservations, tour bookings, car rentals, etc. I also write notes about places to visit, maps, and more, and have a file for each future cruise, which I store in gallon-size Ziploc bags. Each topic has a stick-on file tab, in order of use.

No, they won't zip shut but they are a perfect size for printer paper. They lay flat and I can see the itinerary through the bag. They also fit in the front compartment of my carryon bag. 👌

This helps compensate for my fading short-term memory. 🤪

Note: I also carry photocopies of my passport/credit cards/Dr. license, etc.

Edited by Teechur
Added a line.