Hotels offering Manhattan Cruise terminal shuttle

My recollection is that our taxi from near Madison Square Garden up to the terminal was at least $30.  I think we had paid about $65 to get from LGA down to the hotel the night before. We did it the way we did because I believe we paid about $175 for a reasonably nice hotel; an absolute bargain by Manhattan standards.

Here's what you simply need to understand. It's New York and it's expensive. There's no two ways around it unless you're prepared to lug your luggage on the subway.

4 hours ago, Porcupine123 said:

Are there any Hotels offering Manhattan Cruise terminal shuttle services?  Does anyone have an idea as to taxi costs to the terminal from Hell's Kichen?

Sue

No hotels offer shuttle service to the cruise terminal. You can actually walk to the cruise terminal from the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. There are a Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn Express on West 48th St. just a stone's throw from the cruise terminal, and if you want a fancier hotel Ink 48 is in the same area. 

Otherwise a taxi or Uber will be inexpensive as it will be a short trip. Price estimates are not possible without knowing exactly where you're staying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porcupine123 said:

Are there any Hotels offering Manhattan Cruise terminal shuttle services?

No-- no hotels in Manhattan offer a shuttle. A few of the very, very high end hotels have house cars but usually don't allow you to take luggage in them so doesn't make a difference in this context. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No shuttles. They might exist on some level (as stated, probably without luggage) if you're paying the rack rate a the highest end properties. So figure the cost of the hotel is 100X the cost of a cab to have a free car service.

Taxi Fare Finder . com

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=NY&from=Hell's+Kitchen%2C+New+York%2C+New+York%2C+United+States&to=Manhattan+Cruise+Terminal%2C+711+12th+Ave%2C+New+York%2C+New+York+10036%2C+United+States&fromCoord=40.760355,-73.991227&toCoord=40.76708,-73.9972445

$12.62

Best estimate tonight. Generically from Hell's Kitchen.

It's an expensive city. I don't know how much the cruise industry really contributes financially, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't compare to New York Fashion Week, the opening session of UN General Assembly, or the US (tennis) Open. You're just not going to find the same type of infrastructure for cruising you'd find in say Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by markeb

It is interesting to hear from people who are willing to pay thousands for a cruise, hundreds for air fare and hundreds more for a pre-cruise hotel, and then sweat over a $20 or so cab fare.   Almost invariably free shuttles involve waiting and crowding even when offered.

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

It is interesting to hear from people who are willing to pay thousands for a cruise, hundreds for air fare and hundreds more for a pre-cruise hotel, and then sweat over a $20 or so cab fare.   Almost invariably free shuttles involve waiting and crowding even when offered.

I find it interesting that a genuine question merits such a response...BTW, they are taking the train up to Manhattan.  You see, I and they know nothing about Manhattan.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

No-- no hotels in Manhattan offer a shuttle. A few of the very, very high end hotels have house cars but usually don't allow you to take luggage in them so doesn't make a difference in this context. 

Thank you!

Definitely less than 20 for any hotels in Hell’s Kitchen or Times Square, would look at hotels.com for hotels . Lots of great restaurants in Times square’s area.

I’m assuming you/they haven’t settled on a hotel?  Why Hell’s Kitchen?  There are a number of moderate priced hotels that are within walking distance of Moynihan Train Hall and would be less than $20 by taxi or Uber to MCT. 

Would you mind expanding your questions? If you’re arriving by Amtrak I’d have some suggestions to look at. I don’t have a lot of experience with Hell’s Kitchen, but I do with the area around Penn Station. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

What is the best way to get from Kennedy to the hotels near the Manhattan cruise terminal? I want to do some thing reasonable since I'm on my own - do not want to do subway. Do they have shuttle busses from the airport?

I think cabs have fixed rates from jfk to manhattan.

9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

What is the best way to get from Kennedy to the hotels near the Manhattan cruise terminal? I want to do some thing reasonable since I'm on my own - do not want to do subway. Do they have shuttle busses from the airport?

Yes - it’s $19 to Manhattan -depending on your hotel’s location, you might also need a short taxi ride.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes - it’s $19 to Manhattan -depending on your hotel’s location, you might also need a short taxi ride.

I'm pretty sure that bus ceased operating  a couple of years ago.

Per JFK's website the only shared ride services listed are provided by Airlink New York and ETS Air Shuttle, with the former charging $29 plus taxes/fees for a shared ride van to Grand Central Terminal or Port Authority Bus Terminal and the latter charging $40 plus fees  for the same trip.

Edited by njhorseman