Webinar with new CEO

takemewithyou

I was e-mailed a link yesterday from Azamara to watch the webinar that I signed up for and forgot to watch!  
I have to say…,.Dondra, you rock!  It was everything I was hoping to hear and everything as others such as @uktog described!  
I am beyond impressed and hopeful for the future of Azamara under Dondra’s leadership.

Now, let’s get those wine selections worked out before we board for Christmas! 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

I was e-mailed a link yesterday from Azamara to watch the webinar that I signed up for and forgot to watch!  
I have to say…,.Dondra, you rock!  It was everything I was hoping to hear and everything as others such as @uktog described!  
I am beyond impressed and hopeful for the future of Azamara under Dondra’s leadership.

Now, let’s get those wine selections worked out before we board for Christmas! 😀

so... what was the link ???

• Like 1

I've just checked my emails, and I have not received anything from Azamara with the name "Dondra," or the word "webinar"  included. 

I would be quite grateful if someone would share.

For the first time since 2017, I don't have any large ship cruises booked. I do have cruises on Silversea, Ama (river), Azamara (2), and Viking booked. We have learned in recent years that we prefer the smaller ships. I'd love to see if Dondra can convince me further. 

I received it because I signed in to watch the webinar, I think.

ceo-dondra-050224.png?width=400&upscale=

On behalf of Dondra and the Azamara Cruises leadership team, I want to extend a heartfelt thank you for joining our recent CEO Q&A webinar. Your questions and insights are extremely valuable to us, and we thoroughly enjoyed the discussion.

For those who couldn’t make it to the webinar, you can catch up on all the conversation by accessing the recording at the link below.

There will be more updates soon, but we want to address your feedback regarding email or form inquiries that have gone unanswered. If you have an inquiry that has not received an initial reply within 24 business hours, or has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please call your local contact center so that we can make this right for you.

We love hearing from you! For any additional feedback you’d like to share with webinar participants, please contact us below:

Dondra Ritzenthaler, CEO

Erin O’Donnell, Head of Loyalty

Michael Stutts, Chief Marketing Officer

Michael Pawlus, Head of Itinerary Planning

We’re excited to extend an exclusive invitation to all our Azamara Circle Members. Join Dondra on the CEO Loyalty Panama Canal Cruise in December for a unique opportunity to meet her in person. This cruise will not only allow you to connect with her but also enjoy exclusive onboard savings on future cruise bookings, CEO hosted shore excursion, special onboard activities, and much more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We’re excited to extend an exclusive invitation to all our Azamara Circle Members. Join Dondra on the CEO Loyalty Panama Canal Cruise in December for a unique opportunity to meet her in person. This cruise will not only allow you to connect with her but also enjoy exclusive onboard savings on future cruise bookings, CEO hosted shore excursion, special onboard activities, and much more.

We are already booked on that cruise (12/3 on the Journey) as part of a B2B to/from Panama from Ft Lauderdale. Nice unexpected enhancement to that cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We are already booked on that cruise (12/3 on the Journey) as part of a B2B to/from Panama from Ft Lauderdale. Nice unexpected enhancement to that cruise.

We are on the cruise boarding in Panama, after having sailed up the Amazon on Viking. 

Cheers! 🥂

Thank you so much, @Grandma Cruising

That got me even more exicted for my two upcoming Azamara cruises, and for potential future ones. 

I'm a firm believer in attitude gravity.  I look forward to what flows downhill from this leadership team. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2024 at 2:52 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I received it because I signed in to watch the webinar, I think.

ceo-dondra-050224.png?width=400&upscale=

On behalf of Dondra and the Azamara Cruises leadership team, I want to extend a heartfelt thank you for joining our recent CEO Q&A webinar. Your questions and insights are extremely valuable to us, and we thoroughly enjoyed the discussion.

For those who couldn’t make it to the webinar, you can catch up on all the conversation by accessing the recording at the link below.

There will be more updates soon, but we want to address your feedback regarding email or form inquiries that have gone unanswered. If you have an inquiry that has not received an initial reply within 24 business hours, or has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please call your local contact center so that we can make this right for you.

We love hearing from you! For any additional feedback you’d like to share with webinar participants, please contact us below:

Dondra Ritzenthaler, CEO

Erin O’Donnell, Head of Loyalty

Michael Stutts, Chief Marketing Officer

Michael Pawlus, Head of Itinerary Planning

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Just got round to watching it. I thought Dondra was very impressive, and some of those new itineraries look really good. The solo deals was probably the weakest bit, but at least there are some. 

Not sure how they defined 'most loyal' cruisers though. I've only done three so felt a bit like an imposter when the invite arrived. 😆

Edited by Huntingdon1701

Posted (edited)

Grandma Cruising, Thank you so very much for supplying the link!  CEO Dondra is Amazing.  I also liked how she kept using "Y'all."😁

I've said I used to make my living reading people.  She comes across to me as enthusiastic, candid and sincere.  It's refreshing that she's not the typical CEO but more down to earth.

I'm now glad I have three AZ sailings booked so far and can't wait for them to release the eclipse sailing in Iceland August 2026.  That's one I definitely want to book.

Dondra hit several points for me that I look for in a cruise line. Couple that with the cusine, Azamazing Evenings off ship and White Nights, I feel AZ is back on course. 

If Azamara does what she says they will, I will be making AZ my go to line of preference.  Thankx again Grandma Cruising.  You made my evening.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I also liked how she kept using "Y'all."

Personally, this made me cringe!

Each to his/her own. 

I realise that Azamara is a US-based cruise line, but I hope that the new CEO will recognise that on many itineraries US citizens are a minority.

In fact, US guests may be only a tiny proportion. For example, on a recent cruise, with 645 guests onboard from 24 Nations, only 4 (yes, that is 4) guests were US citizens. 

In particular the crosswords provided are US-centric. Quizzes often have much content which relates to US culture.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, blag said:

Personally, this made me cringe!

Each to his/her own. 

Pip Pip. Personally I don't play those.  Thus I concur to each their own. Perhaps you should request she have them offer European crossword puzzles if it bothers you so much?

Using the word y'all while she spoke enthusiastically was an indication to me of her naturalness without being canned. That word is used predominately in the Southern part of the U.S.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

That word is used predominately in the Southern part of the U.S.

It's origin doesn't prevent me cringing when I hear it! 

46 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Perhaps you should request she have them offer European crossword puzzles if it bothers you so much?

In posting a response in this forum I am hoping that someone from Azamara might recognise that not all guests are fom the US, and make adjustments.

33 minutes ago, blag said:

In posting a response in this forum I am hoping that someone from Azamara might recognise that not all guests are fom the US, and make adjustments.

Better to feed something as specific as crossword construct back direct rather than here. I do agree some elements do need more of an international balance and I see the setting up of a UK call centre as a good move in helping that 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Pip Pip. Personally I don't play those.  Thus I concur to each their own. Perhaps you should request she have them offer European crossword puzzles if it bothers you so much?

Using the word y'all while she spoke enthusiastically was an indication to me of her naturalness without being canned. That word is used predominately in the Southern part of the U.S.

I agree. Actions will speak louder than words for me. She's from Texas. Personally I like the way she speaks. Warm and natural. 

Phil 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, uktog said:
1 hour ago, blag said:

Expand  

Better to feed something as specific as crossword construct back direct rather than here

And, how, where?

Havng struggled for no less than 6 months to get somethings as important as my loyalty status/points corrected, I am at a loss as to where to start.

10 minutes ago, blag said:

And, how, where?

Havng struggled for no less than 6 months to get somethings as important as my loyalty status/points corrected, I am at a loss as to where to start.

Matters like that can be highlighted whilst onboard - you would have had the QR code for comments or could have made them on a form at Guest Relations

You can also highlight it on your post cruise feedback comments

However, need to recognise the focus of the daily crossword isn't going to be high on their attention list

As regards your points, the new Director of Loyalty is very responsive - her email address is on the webinar link posted above

13 minutes ago, uktog said:

Matters like that can be highlighted whilst onboard - you would have had the QR code for comments or could have made them on a form at Guest Relations

You can also highlight it on your post cruise feedback comments

However, need to recognise the focus of the daily crossword isn't going to be high on their attention list

As regards your points, the new Director of Loyalty is very responsive - her email address is on the webinar link posted above

I have repeatedly identified these issues through the channels you have identified.

But there are none so deaf as those who do not want to hear!

I have sufficient intelligence to realise that these failings are by no means Azamara's top priorities.

But, when the US contingent represents less than 1% of the guests, why waste paper, time and effort publishing a crossword that is pretty nigh useless to everyone on board.

Loyalty points were resolved onboard whilst on our cruise a month ago.

6 hours ago, blag said:

In fact, US guests may be only a tiny proportion. For example, on a recent cruise, with 645 guests onboard from 24 Nations, only 4 (yes, that is 4) guests were US citizens. 

Just curious.  Which cruise was this?

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, blag said:

IMG_20240522_093643_1.jpg

I think you will find there was a lot more than 4 US guests onboard - indeed I know several more who were on the Tokyo-Singapore trip I think you refer to. I actually think the number is 178 US guests onboard making them the biggest group

There were 645 guests onboard (a figure I was also aware of when disembarking)

Add up all the figures in that breakdown it only comes to 471 - the US figure is obviously a misprint - OK one that should not happen

So maybe given that Canadians and US guests tend to "share" crossword genres its as well you did not find an outlet to make your point in relation to this cruise 🙂

Edited by uktog
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think you will find there was a lot more than 4 US guests onboard - indeed I know several more who were on the Tokyo-Singapore trip I think you refer to. I actually think the number is 178 US guests onboard making them the biggest group

There were 645 guests onboard (a figure I was also aware of when disembarking)

Add up all the figures in that breakdown it only comes to 471 - the US figure is obviously a misprint - OK one that should not happen

So maybe given that Canadians and US guests tend to "share" crossword genres its as well you did not find an outlet to make your point in relation to this cruise 🙂

But, the misprint could be elsewhere.
I must admit that I noticed American voices much more frequently than the reported number would have one believe.
It is also worth noting that, if your calculation is correct, not only was the US contingent not the largest single nationality represented, but was, in the overall context, a significant minority.
As I said, since my very first cruise with Azamara, I have identified these (minor) issues on every feedback opportunity both on board and beyond, with no discernible improvement.
My (possibly futile) campaign continues... 

Back to the comment about AZ staff gleaning info from this chat board, I didn’t think they monitored it any more.  I seem to remember someone did a decade ago?  Maybe that’s an idea to be put forth to the new CEO.

• Like 4