5% Booking Discount

cbfb

We are new to MSC with just one previous sailing. My husband was able to status match to Diamond. We are looking to book another cruise for July 4th. Will the 5% discount be automatically applied or do we need to call MSC? 

Try a mock booking.  The first screen you see asks you to choose your offer, and has the bare bones fare, and the fare with WiFi and drinks.  But above that you choose number of guests, etc., and you input your voyager number.  When you have entered your number and it recognizes it, the price will change.  EM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Try a mock booking.  The first screen you see asks you to choose your offer, and has the bare bones fare, and the fare with WiFi and drinks.  But above that you choose number of guests, etc., and you input your voyager number.  When you have entered your number and it recognizes it, the price will change.  EM

Thank you!!! 

41 minutes ago, cbfb said:

We are new to MSC with just one previous sailing. My husband was able to status match to Diamond. We are looking to book another cruise for July 4th. Will the 5% discount be automatically applied or do we need to call MSC? 

I've always had to call MSC customer service to get the 5% (or sometimes 5%+5% special promo) applied.  Never had any problems with this method.  The calls were always answered promptly and the discount applied immediately. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for all the help. I was able to add the voyager club number as @Essiesmom described and the discount was applied. Now to decide if I have the guts to sail on a July 4th sailing that I know will be packed with kids! 🤣🤣 No offense to anyone with kids, we love them and have them, but we are sailing as a couple! 

i just booked my 2nd cruise a few days ago. my TA gave me my price with the discount applied, unsure his mechanism that he got the price but i'm glad i got it.  it was a tad off compared to the site price but immaterial enough to me that i didnt argue. saved that 5 plus his 9 percent is pretty good

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i just booked my 2nd cruise a few days ago. my TA gave me my price with the discount applied, unsure his mechanism that he got the price but i'm glad i got it.  it was a tad off compared to the site price but immaterial enough to me that i didnt argue. saved that 5 plus his 9 percent is pretty good

Around 9% is about right as it isn't 5+5=10%, it is 5% off then 5% off the remaining 95%, this is why it is written as 5+5%.

So you get 9.75% discount rather than 10%

Edited by Mark_T

I too am new to MSC.  A few weeks ago I asked about this here on CC and was advised to call to get the 5% discount applied as we had just matched to Gold.  Strangely though no one mentioned exactly how it worked by calling after already booked.  What I discovered and may be helpful to others is that I didn't actually GET the full 5% discount because the cruise insurance increased from my original price.i even called back to talk to a different rep to verify the first one was correct.   Hypothetical with Easy Math:  Booked for 2000 fare, insurance at 150.   Total 2150.   Five percent discount should take 100 off fare for a new total of 2050.   But that's NOT what happened.   Instead:  Five percent discount was applied bringing fare down to 1900 but insurance was NOW higher because the insurance is based on the current prevailing rate of the cruise (which I did not know would happen) so now insurance is 200, so the new total is 2100.   So yes I saved 50 bucks over the original total but the insurance increase negated some of the 5% discount.   And I suppose if I had called even closer to the cruise I could have ended up worse off as rates increased .... which doesn't seem right .... but 2 reps both said it was.  

On 5/17/2024 at 8:37 AM, wolft927 said:

Always call as I get the 5% for status as well as 5% for booking more then 9 months out too

I couldn't do that today as I booked this morning and will be leaving in 3 weeks. I did get the 5% discount when I entered my voyager # as Essie stated.

We just booked a cruise on the MSC Meraviglia for January yesterday. Under the Flash Sale the fare was about $450+ more than the Voyager 5%+5%. Luckily I had done a dummy booking the day before!

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2024 at 5:37 AM, wolft927 said:

Always call as I get the 5% for status as well as 5% for booking more then 9 months out too

Aha! I'd been looking at March 2025 cruises for weeks without logging in and always assumed it would be 5% off those rates. When we finally booked it last night, the rate dropped almost 10% so I thought it must have been the 5% plus a Memorial Day sale - or just a mistake on their site.

Good to know that booking 9+ months out yields another 5% off - I never knew that before,

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, markwfpb said:

Good to know that booking 9+ months out yields another 5% off

Check out your booking info (cruise details), you should also get $50 OBC/each if you are a Silver, Gold or Diamond VC and booked at least 9mo earlier. It may take some days for the OBC to show up.

image.png.2c38c3741bfd73608993ff8e8fc87d09.png

BTW I didn't buy the insurance, it show as cancelled in my booking but still appears in the site. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

T

59 minutes ago, SailorfromBrazil said:

Check out your booking info (cruise details), you should also get $50 OBC/each if you are a Silver, Gold or Diamond VC and booked at least 9mo earlier. It may take some days for the OBC to show up.

Thanks for that info too - news to me!

Going forward, I'll keep an eye on the calendar for cruises 9+ months out.