CABIN SELECTION ANNOYANCE

Dallas guy is correct. If I put in 3 people, a lot more cabins show up. I called TA and she was able to book a 3 person room for the two of us. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

I hate it. 
I’ve looked at five cruises (‘25-‘26) and will not book any of them because I am not permitted to choose my cabin. 

deleted

Edited by suekel
added info

Seems strange to say, but between DW and I we have 4 cruises in the next 13 months ( one sisters cruise without me). We usually only go about once every 18 months, but….

We only booked one on Princess out of the four because of the difficulty choosing a cabin. Royal and Celebrity will be seeing the income instead. We like Princess, but don’t trust guarantee cabins.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I rarely am able to view WHICH window suites on the Grand or the Caribbean are available, so have to have my TA check.  I have tried with Safari and Chrome.  It’s listed as available but drop down menu doesn’t open for me.  

HaHa…it worked last night.  As I said…rarity.

Edited by cr8tiv1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

Funny I have chosen my cabin on every cruise I have taken and the 6 I have in the next 16 months

I have 3 Princess cruises booked and I have been able to choose a cabin every time. 

The Princess booking system is screwed and is getting to appoint where I will be looking far more at other cruise lines.

My wife and I normally travel in an aft suite on Princess. When our son travels with us, we try to book the balcony next to us. This means a deluxe or premium deluxe. We are now finding that these cabins are blocked out for a single (or even double supplements)…..but are available if you book it for 3 (or) persons. Having been a loyal customer of Princess for over 40 years I now find this is total bulls**t and if Princess continues this approach it’s time to move on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leck57 said:

As most people on here are saying,  it is the short legs showing as available and not the longer combined cruise legs. Recently found that myself. Could get a specific cabin for the Norway 7 day segment or the Baltics 14 day segment but couldn't for the 21 day combined, yet the same cabin was showing as available on the shorter legs.

Out of curiosity, was it cheaper to book that room category for the 21-day (as opposed to booking the 7-day and 14-day separately)?

Have never had a problem selecting a cabin. When you access the cruise line website and book whenever I have looked it always say's " Let Princess or whoever decide later you cabin location or select which cabin you require now" It will then ask if available they will upgrade you. So you can say yes upgrade, or no I want the cabin I have booked. How this works in relationship to bidding for an upgrade I don't know but would imagine that the more that bid the less chance of getting upgraded without bidding.

23 hours ago, memoak said:

Funny I have chosen my cabin on every cruise I have taken and the 6 I have in the next 16 months

The same with us.... using a TA.

I would love to know a TA that can/will do this.

This is a real problem with Princess, and I agree with others who are saying, this and other issues combined are making me re-think Princess, as a corporation.   It is just not okay.   Lack of available adult area (which even Carnival and Disney have) is also another non-starter.

I find it interesting that there are those who have these magical TA's,  but they never seem to be able to give any details, or offer any tips when I mention that I would appreciate a contact.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Out of curiosity, was it cheaper to book that room category for the 21-day (as opposed to booking the 7-day and 14-day separately)?

Sorry, I didn't really check for this cruise. I have checked for previous cruises that had different bookable segments and found the prices for the shorter legs added up to the same price for the full cruise.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I would love to know a TA that can/will do this.

This is a real problem with Princess, and I agree with others who are saying, this and other issues combined are making me re-think Princess, as a corporation.   It is just not okay.   Lack of available adult area (which even Carnival and Disney have) is also another non-starter.

I find it interesting that there are those who have these magical TA's,  but they never seem to be able to give any details, or offer any tips when I mention that I would appreciate a contact.

You do know that Cruise Critic rules do not allow naming of TA’s or CVP’s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Travel Agent Recommendations

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2024 at 12:29 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Same here...

Unfortunately I agree with the poster and maybe you booked sometime ago, Princess now are listing very few cabins and mostly Guarantees which when you are with family, including children and elderly you need 32 cabins adjacent, I need to be next to my elderly disabled father, but looking at cruises next January or February, only Guarantees are listed. Big problem for me and stops me booking, now I had the same position 2 months ago but was booking a cabin for just my husband and me (Enchanted Princess, and I sailed on 4th May), I was OK to book the Guarantee on that occasion and fell lucky with the assignment. Hope Princess change this or back to NCL we go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just FYI...  I just looked at a cruise, months out..  and it is showing Deluxe Balcony cabins to select for 2 passengers.   Just a 'thing',  or is Princess addressing this issue a little bit.

We have a regular balcony booked..  and will stick with it, as we like the location and the larger balcony.  But, not being able to book a Deluxe Balcony is a big problem!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just FYI...  I just looked at a cruise, months out..  and it is showing Deluxe Balcony cabins to select for 2 passengers.   Just a 'thing',  or is Princess addressing this issue a little bit.

We have a regular balcony booked..  and will stick with it, as we like the location and the larger balcony.  But, not being able to book a Deluxe Balcony is a big problem!!!

I book with CVP, but even there they don't always get the best Cabin selection.

Asked mine yesterday to look at cabins for 3 people, just to See more cabin selection?

Sure enough!

We booked 2 more cruises using this tactic as Balcony for 2 was hardly showing

anything!  We look for 3, and theres way more to choose from. 

And thats just for Balcony, Not deluxe.

• Like 1