TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from TxTeach79! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

TxTeach79 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

We meet (meat?) again!!

Summer 2024 is officially underway, and soon we'll be back at it; sailing from NYC to Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau, and Amber Cove on the still new to me Carnival Venezia with her funny yellow hat...

Costa Venezia Funnel - Σινιάλα - Shipfriends

Speaking of, has anyone noticed how they fixed the weird empty gap where "Costa" was on Firenze? Really! Look at that, Carnival font, the full name, everything! Go figure! It's all right, I'll enjoy the white void to my fullest these ten days, I promise you that. 

Carnival Firenze Balcony Cabin Tour ...

Side note: I do have a small touch of Costa history. I did a short sailing on the brand new (at the time) Magica (Conquest class) back when I lived in Miami in the early aughts, but this'll be as close as I've been since then!

• Like 28

For the background, this cruise will be cruise 35 and day 225 for me on Carnival, and I DID use my one time Diamond upgrade to jump from an OV to a Balcony up on Deck 9, so I'm looking forward to that. 

So it's a two cruise, twenty day summer for me this year. While I'm sorry to announce that @HelloItsMeB will not be tagging along on this sailing, she WILL be with me on the Norwegian Pearl from Trieste to the Mediterranean in June, and of course I'll be over on the NCL boards with that one.

But first, Venezia! 

• Like 33

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

For the background, this cruise will be cruise 35 and day 225 for me on Carnival, and I DID use my one time Diamond upgrade to jump from an OV to a Balcony up on Deck 9, so I'm looking forward to that. 

So it's a two cruise, twenty day summer for me this year. While I'm sorry to announce that @HelloItsMeB will not be tagging along on this sailing, she WILL be with me on the Norwegian Pearl from Trieste to the Mediterranean in June, and of course I'll be over on the NCL boards with that one.

But first, Venezia! 

I'm always a fan boy but when you start on that Norwegian...

IYKYK

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

If you're new here, I've wasted a lot of valuable space with these over the years.... if you have any interest in seeing what we're in for, here are just a few.

• Like 10

I'll get more into the specifics as we get closer to getaway day, but i am doing one night pre cruise in NYC, as is my custom. I dig New York, been there plenty of times, so this'll be a pretty low key stay close to home base kinda afternoon/evening for me. 

The key was finding the right place to stay.... something that fit my aesthetic but was also the quintessential slice of city life and NY chic authenticity. In the end, the choice was obvious my friends... #FinsUp

HB on the Scene: Margaritaville Resort Times Square debuts -  hotelbusiness.com

• Like 10
  • Haha 20

I am one this same sailing with my wife and 3 year old. We are very much looking forward to the cruise.  This is our first cruise of more than 7 days. We go off the Celebration 3 weeks ago so it will be an interesting comparison. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Roscoe13 said:

I'm always a fan boy but when you start on that Norwegian...

IYKYK

9 ports in 10 days.... can I handle the unlimited drink package? STAY TUNED

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ozzie0075 said:

I am one this same sailing with my wife and 3 year old. We are very much looking forward to the cruise.  This is our first cruise of more than 7 days. We go off the Celebration 3 weeks ago so it will be an interesting comparison. 

Awesome! Was on Celebration for NYE this year, and did Mardi Gras for the same the previous year... have Jubilee booked for Spring Break '25. I love the XL ships.

I've had spins on Vista and Horizon, so Venezia should feel pretty familiar. 

Edited by TxTeach79
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

I'll get more into the specifics as we get closer to getaway day, but i am doing one night pre cruise in NYC, as is my custom. I dig New York, been there plenty of times, so this'll be a pretty low key stay close to home base kinda afternoon/evening for me. 

The key was finding the right place to stay.... something that fit my aesthetic but was also the quintessential slice of city life and NY chic authenticity. In the end, the choice was obvious my friends... #FinsUp

HB on the Scene: Margaritaville Resort Times Square debuts -  hotelbusiness.com

The rooftop bar here is pretty cool. Has some great city views.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

Awesome! Was on Celebration for NYE this year, and did Mardi Gras for the same the previous year... have Jubilee booked for Spring Break '25. I love the XL ships.

I've had spins on Vista and Horizon, so Venezia should feel pretty familiar. 

Venezia felt very different than Horizon or Vista to me, even if they're similar/same class.  Looking forward to following along, don't miss The Vessel sculpture on sailaway if you haven't seen it in person.  I think it's around 34th St on Hudson River but off the water about 100 yards, soon after leaving port (48th St).  Have fun!

• Like 3

You know we'll be along for the ride! Love the Venezia. Spent 21 days on her last year and doing another B2B on her in September. 😃

• Like 5