Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

Even after all these years, still one of my favorite views in all of Miami... The Brickell Arch, The Four Seasons Hotel, and the curved building whatever it's called...

PXL_20240524_212736965.jpg

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

Over at sunset harbor on Miami Beach at Stiltsville Fish Bar. Buffalo fish wings and a crab cake slider incoming. Also Patron Anejo straight...

PXL_20240524_223152426.jpg

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 19

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

As for Amber Cove and La Romana, I'll probably just call it a “sea day”, and enjoy the mostly empty ship. I've been to Dominican Republic a few times, and honestly it's among my least favorite ports. I'd even go so far as to say I'd put it down there with Nassau…

You just made the Dominican Republic sound like the most attractive port in the Caribbean!😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, jerryg95 said:

How do you drink it on the other side if it’s frozen? Takes awhile to thaw. 

I only freeze half the bottle, then add water from the fountain on the other side.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

A few twists and turns later, and I finally made it to the hotel in Brickell. "C" went to find her hotel and get settled in. Pretty soon I'm going to need something to eat and drink.

PXL_20240524_183634573.thumb.jpg.f0e56afbe392819220e60655ee5beac3.jpg

PXL_20240524_183643964.jpg

You are traveling with a "stuffed" companion now just like @Saint Greg?

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Welcome back, Sid! I'm happy to hear that you're taking some time for yourself and reviewing mostly Jeff & Patti style. Have an amazing cruise, and I look forward to read when you get back ❤️

• Like 5

She wanted to go somewhere else to eat in Miami Beach, so now we've been looking for a place to park for 45 minutes. Finally found a spot, but you have to use some kind of app to pay... I'm about ready to just head back to the hotel...

PXL_20240525_000729768.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Finally found a spot, but you have to use some kind of app to pay... 

Very common these days. Sometimes there will also be a machine in the lot. But it’s a lot easier once you get the app setup.

• Like 5

Just got done sitting in a traffic jam to beat all traffic jams... An hour to go THREE BLOCKS... The absolute biggest cluster you know what I've ever seen. Back at the hotel finally, and I'm done for the day... I wish I could have been in bed a half hour ago, but it didn't happen. Anyhoo, I'm ready to get my butt into bed and on the ship tomorrow. That's it for me tonight. Shomer shabbos...

• Like 24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Just got done sitting in a traffic jam to beat all traffic jams... An hour to go THREE BLOCKS... The absolute biggest cluster you know what I've ever seen. Back at the hotel finally, and I'm done for the day... I wish I could have been in bed a half hour ago, but it didn't happen. Anyhoo, I'm ready to get my butt into bed and on the ship tomorrow. That's it for me tonight. Shomer shabbos...

Underrated advantage of a cruise vacation-once on board no travel, no parking, no traffic. No re-packing, multiple check-ins/checkouts or bus, uber or taxi-those darn elevators though😉

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 14

7 hours ago, Stallion said:

Underrated advantage of a cruise vacation-once on board no travel, no parking, no traffic. No re-packing, multiple check-ins/checkouts or bus, uber or taxi-those darn elevators though😉

..no $50 terrible breakfasts at disney....sorry just adding to your list (which is very correct)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

After a pretty unremarkable nights sleep, I'm up and at em on this Saturday morning cruise day. Seems like it took forever to finally fall asleep, but I guess that I did at some point, as I remember some wild dreams.

As soon as I awoke, I went down to the lobby for a cup of strong black coffee, but to my amazement there is NO free coffee whatsoever available here. I went over to the regular giant aluminum coffee thing and poured myself one of the very small cups, and a lady comes over and says "oh, by the way coffee isn't included in your stay, that'll be $2.50"... Of course I just set it down and walked away. I walked over to the check in desk and asked someone over there, and they said indeed that there was an additional charge for coffee.

I ended up walking over to a nearby Starbucks and paid $3.50 for their biggest cup of black coffee and headed back here. After the fiasco with the traffic jam last night I was hoping everything would be reset this morning, but the CitizenM Brickell put the kibosh on that... Anyhoo, in a few hours hopefully I can put all that behind me... 

PXL_20240525_120921556.jpg

• Like 19

I walked over to Publix for a survival breakfast and a bottle of water... I'm assuming that if there's no free coffee here then water is definitely out of the question. "C" is supposed to pick me up at 9:45, so I'll slowly start getting ready soon. 

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Very common these days. Sometimes there will also be a machine in the lot. But it’s a lot easier once you get the app setup.

I see these things all the time in Atlanta, but I can almost always find free parking back in a neighborhood somewhere. I absolutely hate the idea of having to download an app and enter credit card information for what amounts to a few dollars, while also having my info out there on some random app... 

• Like 12

Memorial Day weekend is crazy busy in Miami/ Miami Beach. When I lived on the Beach I always left town for the weekend. Palm Beach or St Pete were usual destinations for a relaxing weekend where you could actually get restaurant reservations! 

• Like 4