My AMEX card had a new offer, spend $500 on Celebrity and get $100 back…

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

The offer showed up on my card (primary) and my wife's card (authorized user) this morning. I added them just in case but don't plan on using them.

Thanks for mentioning that it showed up for the AU card. What type of AMEX was it? I just checked my AU's cards and they still did not get it.

3 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Thanks for mentioning that it showed up for the AU card. What type of AMEX was it? I just checked my AU's cards and they still did not get it.

It's an Amex Everyday card. I rarely use it. I have it mainly to keep my Membership Rewards points alive.

This AMEX offer showed up on my AMEX Gold card account. Spend $500 or more and get $100 back. It expires on 9-17-2024. I will use it on my current booking. 

This AMEX offer showed up on my AMEX Gold card account. Spend $500 or more and get $100 back. It expires on 9-17-2024. I will use it on my current booking. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chamima said:

Did you put the two $500 deposits on the same cruise or different cruises?

I'm wondering if using the offer twice on the same cruise would trigger a problem.

I just wanted to thank the OP @Stockjock for alerting all of us to this offer!!! 💜

I'm going to wait until the first one registers as accepted.  It shouldn't matter if it's the same one or not.   I happen to have a B2B next week so I bought OBC for the first sailing and will buy more for the second one once I get notified the first one went through.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sasejm said:

Same, finally popped up today. I got it on my Everyday Blue. Perfect--final payment due in Sept for Dec cruise.

We used it last year, maybe about the same time.

Not on my Plat or DH's Gold.

• Like 1

Got it today for my Gold card and activated it right away.  I have some questions.  First I am assuming that it is good for any $500 spent directly with Celebrity and charged on the card.  If that is the case I want to go ahead and charge our Wifi for our August sailing while there is a sale BUT it is less than $500 so can I make up the difference by buying some extra OBC?  I will need it for grats anyway.  If that works where do I find the way to purchase the OBC?  I looked around some and I don't see it.

On 6/18/2024 at 10:49 AM, Stockjock said:

I’m not sure if it’s only on the platinum or on other versions of the AMEX card.  

Too bad my upcoming cruise is already paid off. Not sure if I can figure out a way to spend $500.  I think we’ve already booked the amenities that we need.

IMG_1347.jpeg

2 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does this work if making a payment through a TA?  It shows up on my Gold card I used to get the bonus spend by paying part of my booking.

When you've paid through your TA in the past does the charge show as from the TA or from Celebrity?

Ours always shows from Celebrity (and I think any reputable TA charges this way) and so making a payment for a cruise has always worked in the past.

My TA said she'll put the charge through for me on Monday so I can come back here and report. Amex lately has sent me an email almost immediately when I use  an offer.

11 minutes ago, chamima said:

When you've paid through your TA in the past does the charge show as from the TA or from Celebrity?

Ours always shows from Celebrity (and I think any reputable TA charges this way) and so making a payment for a cruise has always worked in the past.

My TA said she'll put the charge through for me on Monday so I can come back here and report. Amex lately has sent me an email almost immediately when I use  an offer.

My $6000 payment to get my bonus shows as Celebrity on my Amex Gold.  I’ll try it again.

Edited by zitsky

38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I bought $500 in OBC a few days ago, posted to my account.  Today there is a $500 credit from Celebrity but no notification of the OBC being returned.  Anybody else have Celebrity credit your OBC purchase?

Just off the phone with shoreside concierge where I bought the OBC.  They spoke with another department and said it was some automated process which triggered the refund.   In the end they took the order again and a new post to my account is pending.

I'll wait a few days before I do it again on my other card with the offer.