Dress code for breakfast and lunch?

We're all set with pants and collared shirts for dinner, but are shorts and t-shirts allowed for breakfast and lunch? We will be dining primarily in either Luminae and the main dining rooms. Also, are athletic shoes allowed during meals (including dinner)?

4 minutes ago, gymbomb said:

We're all set with pants and collared shirts for dinner, but are shorts and t-shirts allowed for breakfast and lunch? We will be dining primarily in either Luminae and the main dining rooms. Also, are athletic shoes allowed during meals (including dinner)?

Shorts and T-shirts a fine for breakfast and lunch in the MDR. Athletics shoes are fine anytime in the MDR. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

Shorts and T-shirts a fine for breakfast and lunch in the MDR. Athletics shoes are fine anytime in the MDR. 

just no swimsuits without a cover up.. you'll be fine!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, hcat said:

I always skip the MDR on sea days for lunch. Once in awhile I'll get a burger at the mast/pool grill. I'm either sitting on the balcony watching the sea or up on the deck above the pool deck enjoying my BP soaking up the sun. No T shirt required. 😎🍻 

Edited by doghog

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Not a problem. Nobody wants to see me in a swimsuit without a cover up. The ship would make the news for a suspected norovirus outbreak when everyone started throwing up.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Altamar said:

And women are not allowed to wear a baseball cap at lunch in MDR.

They are allowed if it’s worn backwards.  The only requirement for both men and women is to wear a ripped shirt or jeans.  And sandals must be worn with socks.  🥸

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Not many rules are enforced...  Just please wear some clothes 🤣

If it’s a DRESS code does that apply to men or just the women?

• Haha 1

We saw a guy get turned away from breakfast in the dining room last year on Edge because he had on a tank top/muscle shirt that was really loose and low cut under the arms. He was arguing with the host because a woman, wearing a fitted tank top was allowed in and he wasn't. On another voyage we had a young man show up shirtless several times in the OVC. No one stopped him from entering. 

Twice on my sailing last week, we saw 2 different males get turned away for lunch in the MDR for wearing muscle shirts.  Both times the guys were with females wearing skimpy tanktops and very short cutoff jeans.  So there is a bit of a double standard there.  At both those lunches, we saw a man get seated barefoot.  That was gross.  

• Like 1

Just now, jakebloke said:

Twice on my sailing last week, we saw 2 different males get turned away for lunch in the MDR for wearing muscle shirts.  Both times the guys were with females wearing skimpy tanktops and very short cutoff jeans.  So there is a bit of a double standard there.  At both those lunches, we saw a man get seated barefoot.  That was gross.  

It’s not a bit of a double standard.  It IS a double standard.  Ripped jeans are my pet peeve for both women and men.  The women call them “designer” jeans.  I don’t care how much you paid for them.  It’s tacky.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

I’m fine with the first part, the barefoot thing is hard to believe..shouldn’t be happening..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, Altamar said:

Baseball caps are not permitted in any of the restaurants whether Women or Men.  The will politely ask you to please remove.   I've seen the same rule applied to sun visors - (golf hat with brim but no top on it)

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t know until last month. They wouldn’t allow me in unless I removed the cap. Excursion canceled after the fact the there was a monsoon in Bimini island and we got caught at the pier.  
if I had removed it, they would have probably asked me to put it back on, as my hair was horrendous 🤣.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Altamar said:

Didn’t know until last month. They wouldn’t allow me in unless I removed the cap. Excursion canceled after the fact the there was a monsoon in Bimini island and we got caught at the pier.  
if I had removed it, they would have probably asked me to put it back on, as my hair was horrendous 🤣.

No.  Really.  It’s ok to take it off.  We can handle it.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 5:19 PM, Altamar said:

I can only speak for what I have seen or asked. Last week on Apex in Luminae. I did see a man in a t-shirt (Rock band) at dinner once. At lunch in Luminae my DH was asked to remove his Polo baseball style hat. What the Maître d' said was hats are fine, just not baseball types. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Altamar said:

Thanks, I’ll pack a fedora next time to wear with my flip flops, shorts, a t shirt for a lunchtime meal at MDR. 😜

EXCUSE ME!  Those aren’t flip flops.  They’re $500 designer “sandals”.

• Haha 1