Which X Ship Is This?

We're getting our pre-cruise emails daily now, and I was looking at this photo and wondering which ship this might be?  My "happy place" is the outside seating area behind Oceanview but I'm not familiar with that upper deck area.  Is that an Edge class set up or a different configuration of a Solstice class? We're on the Silhouette for the first time, so maybe the Sillie?

a95e4ddd-36ec-4c4f-afd1-21b104a0c683.jpg

Beyond or Ascent. The Sunset Bar areas on those two ships are one of the best improvements over Edge/Apex.

mac_tlc

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Beyond or Ascent. The Sunset Bar areas on those two ships are one of the best improvements over Edge/Apex.

mac_tlc

Agreed, the plunge pools are nice too..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

That and The World Class Bar.  I sailed Edge and Apex only once because of not having a WCB.  The Sunset Bar area on Beyond and Apex is perfect for sunsets but during the day the only shade is the smoking section.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, riredsox said:

That and The World Class Bar.  I sailed Edge and Apex only once because of not having a WCB.  The Sunset Bar area on Beyond and Apex is perfect for sunsets but during the day the only shade is the smoking section.  

At the bar is quite shady..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

We're getting our pre-cruise emails daily now, and I was looking at this photo and wondering which ship this might be?  My "happy place" is the outside seating area behind Oceanview but I'm not familiar with that upper deck area.  Is that an Edge class set up or a different configuration of a Solstice class? We're on the Silhouette for the first time, so maybe the Sillie?

a95e4ddd-36ec-4c4f-afd1-21b104a0c683.jpg

As someone stated, it’s an E class ship. Definitely not Silhouette 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

That’s what I said. Beyond and Ascent are E class ships 

There is a major difference between the Sunset bars on the Edge/Apex versus the Beyond/Ascent which is why it was called out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

There is a major difference between the Sunset bars on the Edge/Apex versus the Beyond/Ascent which is why it was called out. 

Ok. Whatever. 

If I remember correctly from the Beyond, the upper area by the Sunset Bar is a smoking area. We found the smell drifted down and it wasn't pleasant sitting outside the OVC because of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

If I remember correctly from the Beyond, the upper area by the Sunset Bar is a smoking area. We found the smell drifted down and it wasn't pleasant sitting outside the OVC because of that.

That would be a serious bummer as I generally spend every morning out there. 😞 

I'm used to smoking since my mom smoked when I was a kid, but for the most part, the less smell of cigarettes or cigars, the better.

2 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

That would be a serious bummer as I generally spend every morning out there. 😞 

I'm used to smoking since my mom smoked when I was a kid, but for the most part, the less smell of cigarettes or cigars, the better.

We had lunch in that area on those days we ate at the OVC.  There was no smell of smoke.  The biggest problem was trying to get a seat in the buffet on sea days.  Place was packed.  We went to other venues to eat and glad we did..

We were just on the Ascent last month. The top level in the photo is the Sunset Bar - the smoking area I believe is just off the right edge of that photo, and not in the main bar area. The level below is seating aft of the buffet and is non-smoking.

18 hours ago, riredsox said:

I sailed Edge and Apex only once because of not having a WCB.

I take it you sail for the ships rather than itineraries? It’s interesting to see/hear what prompts pax to book cruises.

3 hours ago, villauk said:

I take it you sail for the ships rather than itineraries? It’s interesting to see/hear what prompts pax to book cruises.

Most ships do the same itineraries. I did the Constellation because it was going to Mardi Gras.  But now they have shortened the time in NO so I won’t be doing that again.  I also won’t pay for the faux balconies anymore on the Edge class.  I would book an OV or Retreat (if it was a good deal).  

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:15 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Agreed, the plunge pools are nice too..

Love the views from the plunge pools and never very crowned.

On 7/14/2024 at 7:39 AM, riredsox said:

Most ships do the same itineraries. I did the Constellation because it was going to Mardi Gras.  But now they have shortened the time in NO so I won’t be doing that again.  I also won’t pay for the faux balconies anymore on the Edge class.  I would book an OV or Retreat (if it was a good deal).  

I wouldn’t recommend doing OV on the Ascent. We’d cut through the hallway on Deck 3 a lot as did many others when getting off the forward elevator going to the MDR’s or Grand Plaza. At times, it could get busy.😅

9 hours ago, mysticbluebmw said:

I wouldn’t recommend doing OV on the Ascent. We’d cut through the hallway on Deck 3 a lot as did many others when getting off the forward elevator going to the MDR’s or Grand Plaza. At times, it could get busy.😅

I would still do that versus an OV that has a window that opens, cheaper and specialty restaurants with the money saved.  I’ve done those IV and always feel like I’ve been ripped off and Celebrity knows it.  Sailing Equinox in January in a true balcony. 

24 minutes ago, riredsox said:

I would still do that versus an OV that has a window that opens, cheaper and specialty restaurants with the money saved.  I’ve done those IV and always feel like I’ve been ripped off and Celebrity knows it.  Sailing Equinox in January in a true balcony. 

The IV is definitely subjective. I loved it, myself. I didn’t have to listen to my neighbors make noise on their balconies and my attendant always set the scene in the evening that dimmed the lights and closed the blind. I appreciated having the extra space in the cabin that was usable but would have been taken away by a dedicated balcony. I didn’t see any downside to it. But, like I said, it’s subjective, so I can totally see your point of view.

• Like 2