Refrigerators in Carnival Cabins

teacher2cruiser

Before I sailed at Thanksgiving on the Holiday with my mom, I had researched these boards, and I was told that there were refrigerators in all Carnival cabins. It isn't true, because there wasn't one in ours. In March, my husband and I will be sailing on the Glory, and we have a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck. Any one know for SURE that we'll have a refrigerator?

Iv been on these boards a while and never once read that all Carnival cabins have refrigerators. Im surprised you came away with that.

Yes, the Glory which is a Conquest class ship will have a refrigerator in the cabin.

btw it is more like a small cooler, no freezer part. Just enough to cool down drinks, barely enough for insulin or meds.

Edited by firefly333

You will need to get your steward to unlock it - it is full of sodas etc. We just took them out and placed them on top - and replaced it with our carry on wine!:D Our steward removed the sodas as we did not plan on using them.

Basically, it is like one of those tiny fridges people use in college....

So, this will mean that our upcoming cruise on the Pride will have a mini fridge?

Can we ask the room attendant to remove the sodas prior to arrival?

You should have them on the Pride. We have had them on the Legend which is identical to the Pride.

You can't ask that they remove the sodas prior to arrival, but your cabin steward should be available when you get in your cabin and you can ask then.

Here's what's listed on the Carnival Website:

Are there minibars in the staterooms?

spacer.gifAll staterooms will have a stocked minibar. The items will be replenished twice daily as the items are consumed and charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account along with a 15% restocking charge. If the guest wishes to have the minibar permanently locked, they must contact the Information Desk. The minibar service will be locked on the night prior to debarkation. Offered on the following ships: Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor and aboard the Triumph and Victory in category 11 and 12 suites.

The minibar will be stocked with premium liquor, wine, beer, soft drinks and a variety of sweet/salty snacks.

No one here ever said that all cabins on all Carnival ships have refrigerators.

For future reference, go to cruisedeckplans dot com's public (free) site. Select the Carnival ship you want, then find the area that says something like "cabin details by deck" and pick your deck.

They list every cabin on every ship and give the bed configuration, approximate size, balcony or window, if any, room amenities (phone, tv, minibar, etc), whether it's a connecting cabin, etc. At the top of the page will be the location of any vending or laundry.

They also have past reburishments listed and dates for upcoming dry docks; max capacity and "normal" capacity; space ratio; crew ratio, etc for many ships.

I highly recommend that people bookmark this site.

are there bottles of water or room to put one in the refrigerators?

If I recall, there is a very large bottle of water that they leave above the fridge. There is room for it in there. The catch - you pay for each one you drink, and it is not cheap!

• 9 years later...
Before I sailed at Thanksgiving on the Holiday with my mom, I had researched these boards, and I was told that there were refrigerators in all Carnival cabins. It isn't true, because there wasn't one in ours. In March, my husband and I will be sailing on the Glory, and we have a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck. Any one know for SURE that we'll have a refrigerator?

This is 9 years old.

like the others said, these "refrigerators" will keep things luke warm at best. if you have formula or insulin, you may need to leave it with the purser

While I agree if you have insulin, maybe it should go elsewhere, it keep beverages cold. If you don't have proper air circulation down there, it will not get cold.

Never understood why that wooden door is even there.

Well that's to cover up those ugly damn so called refrigerators ' date=' that are even less than a Styrofoam cooler [/i']

th?id=OGC.b5b3084c992f8de8f5900d04f46b0b04&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.tenor.com%2fimages%2fb5b3084c992f8de8f5900d04f46b0b04%2ftenor.gif&ehk=0SwzAhCuECEJ64Lj0qI1iA

Never understood why that wooden door is even there.

Probably because when they were originally installed, they were stocked and locked. If you didn't want to let anyone (Kids) raiding them, you kept them locked. Now that they don't stock them anymore, they leave them unlocked and technically, the doors could and should be removed so that they don't have to work so hard.