Captain's Circle

Sailor Gal

Can anyone tell me if there is a "party" for past passengers of Princess? I've heard there is a party or gathering for past passengers and there may be free drinks and/or drawings. Can anyone confirm?

On each cruise. If you have sailed before on Princess (which makes you a member of Captains Circle automatically), you will get an invite to the Captains Circle party on each cruise. It's basically, you get to the door, maybe have a photo taken with the captain, sit down (and hopefully a waiter will come over with a tray of watered down drinks). The most travelled passengers onboard will get saluted (and maybe get a bottle of champagne or something) and there may be a drawing. Also a pitch for continuing to sail on Princess, with maybe a rundown on new ships or other news.

On each cruise. If you have sailed before on Princess (which makes you a member of Captains Circle automatically)' date=' you will get an invite to the Captains Circle party on each cruise. It's basically, you get to the door, maybe have a photo taken with the captain, sit down (and hopefully a waiter will come over with a tray of watered down drinks). The most travelled passengers onboard will get saluted (and maybe get a bottle of champagne or something) and there may be a drawing. Also a pitch for continuing to sail on Princess, with maybe a rundown on new ships or other news.
Invitation to all past Princess Cruises passengers, reception line with ship's officers which may include the Captain. No photo in my experience. Good drinks, usually fruit drink with or without rum, or wines, and you can order something else. If you are there early enough there is the opportunity for dancing to a live big band, and then everything in green in the post above.

Normally, the second formal night is the Captain's Circle cocktail party - for all returning passengers. Drinks (watered) are free as are some canapes. Prizes are given to the 3 most traveled on Princess passengers on the cruise and to a couple of others drawn at random.

After you have been to a couple of these party's you wont bother going unless you have nothing else to do.

I AGREE !

We may have gone to 2 of them in the beginning--at that time your picture was taken with the Captain upon entering the room

We went another time and no picture--you were asked to go on stage with the Captain after the event and have a friend take your picture.

Seems to me that we were going to go to one after the 2nd time--when we were headed to the cabin we heard on the over-head that Bingo was giving away $2500 or a cruise for 2--last day--I said I'd do that --(play Bingo) if I didn't have to go to the Captains party. Never played Bingo before in my life--except the children's game--I won the cruise for 2--which we took as a 10 day East Coast cruise in the fall.

Have to admit that after the win I've become a Princess Bingo junkie.

Nancy:D

After you have been to a couple of these party's you wont bother going unless you have nothing else to do.

We still enjoy going after 14 of them....we won 6 bottles of champagne in the drawings and shared them with our guests in the anytime dining room.

Photos were taken with the captain when you entered the room for our first CC party.

The last time, we got there late and the only person greeting us was the captain, in his shirt sleeves (no jacket). It wasn't on a formal night, and we had three formal nights on that cruise.

Nancy ...A great win hope you enjoy or enjoyed the cruise....:D

The photo we had with Tony Yeomans Captain of the Ruby was taken after the party by one of the ships photographers.........:)

We just got off the Ruby and the Captains circle party was on the Thursday (formal night) 2 different times to accomodate everyone. They served many types of drinks, including champagne, had waiters walking around with canapes. Drinks were never hard to find. The circle host said a few words then the captain said a few. They mentioned the 3 top princess traveled guests on board for that cruise and then pulled 3 names from all the handing in invites for a prize of a bottle of champagne. Whole thing was only 30 minutes.

On each cruise. If you have sailed before on Princess (which makes you a member of Captains Circle automatically)' date=' you will get an invite to the Captains Circle party on each cruise. It's basically, you get to the door, maybe have a photo taken with the captain, sit down (and hopefully a waiter will come over with a tray of watered down drinks). The most travelled passengers onboard will get saluted (and maybe get a bottle of champagne or something) and there may be a drawing. Also a pitch for continuing to sail on Princess, with maybe a rundown on new ships or other news.[/quote']

The above quote is spot on is spot on

Jack

:)

Since there are so many people attending the parties lately they should offer a separate party for the Elite's with better hors d'oeuvres & drinks that aren't pre-made an hour before you arrive.

All we have ever had to do is to order our drinks at the Captain's circle party, never a problem. We don't drink those nasy pre-made things they offer where the ice has melted down and diluted it.

You want a double, no problem, just ask the waiter. Never had a problem one doing this. But many think they have the choice of whats on the tray only, which is not the case. ;)

Recently though, we have just skipped the Captain's Circle party altogether. I agree, there are so many attending now, it is a madhouse. We usually attend the most traveled luncheon, and we leave it at that. ;)

The photo we had with Tony Yeomans Captain of the Ruby was taken after the party by one of the ships photographers.........

I think doing it this way limits the photohraphy expenses to those who might actually purchase a picture. In the past, they often took a picture of every couple entering and no doubt had to throw most of the printed pictures away.

Bill ...only a handful of people actually had the picture taken for whatever reason..like Dining times etc, we were lucky enough to come across the Captain on 3 occasions on our Cruise..the 1st Formal night and on our visit to the Bridge.....turns out that he is from a place not too far distance from where we live......:D

I think doing it this way limits the photohraphy expenses to those who might actually purchase a picture. In the past, they often took a picture of every couple entering and no doubt had to throw most of the printed pictures away.

I just take a shot of the captain with my wife on the way into the party. He's more than willing to pose for a quick snapshot.

Archived