Who's your favorite Holland America cruise director?

Without a doubt---Susan Woods.

I swear, she must be triplets ;). No one person could be in that many places, get to know that many passengers, and have that much energy.

I liked Michael Headla too! He is a newby....but has the energy, enthusiasm, personality, etc. I think he will be right up there with the best. I even got to dance with him during ball room dancing lessons. Since we were in 30 ft. seas, I am not sure it was really dancing....but fun nonetheless. Yes, my vote is

Michael Headla.

#4 for Susan Wood; very polished; full of information; takes time out for her guest(s) like being on the gangway at oh dark thirty in the AM in Alexandria, Egypt to see off those of us going to the all-day Cairo trip and being there again by 9:00 PM at night when her guest(s) came home! Classy lady with or without her haunted castle:) and a great ambassador for HAL

Picture1159.jpg?t=1242873361

We've found them all decent - except two that we'd be quite happy to NEVER sail with again. One is no longer with HAL and the other is Shane Michaels.

We've never had the pleasure of sailing with Susan Wood, but it sounds like we should!