Carnival can't find one of my previous cruises - Suggestions?

MomofBoyz

We sailed in 2003 and Carnival shows no record of it. Since I'm at 7 cruises, with that one, and my kids sail in 2 weeks for the second time and are not considered "previous cruisers" (yes, those other ones were without children) it is kind of important.

Has this happened to anyone out there and how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

PS--I found this out when filling out the FunPass yesterday and it wouldn't take the kids as previous cruisers.

Carnival was also missing one of our past cruises. Fortunately, I had the folder from our documents with booking number, names, ship, sail date, etc. I faxed it to them and sailing was added to our profile.

Find some documentation of your cruise and forward copies to them. Good luck!

The same thing happened with my grandson's second cruise....I called Carnival and come to find out he was booked one time with a middle initial and the other with just a first and last name, so the computer did not recognize him. They looked him up by his date of birth and the ship/sail date and there he was!

I wanted to get credit for my 1st 2 cruises back in the 80's and I still had embarkation photos with the ship name and date on it so I faxed them to my PVP and she was able to add them to my cruise history.

I wanted to get credit for my 1st 2 cruises back in the 80's and I still had embarkation photos with the ship name and date on it so I faxed them to my PVP and she was able to add them to my cruise history.

I did the same thing but unfortunately I only had proof of my 1st cruise, not my 2nd, so my count is 16 but Carnival's is 15.

Getting old cruises added:

We will be happy to enter these older sailings into the system manually and update your cruise history but we will need to verify your past sailings with Carnival Cruise Lines.

Please provide one of the following:

Boarding pass

Cruise documents

Sail and Sign card with your name

Sail and Sign statement

Embarkation Photo with ship and sailing date and current photo ID.

Mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami, Florida 33178-2428

Attention: Renee Whitehead/Mischelle Beattie

Mailstop: MSMK-655s

Or

Fax to: 305-406-6611

*If faxing or mailing information please be sure to include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address along with your proof of sailing. This will allow us to enter your information into the database and issue you a past guest number as soon as possible.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Lines and we look forward to welcoming you back aboard another one of our "Fun Ships" soon.

This happened to me for cruises taken over 10 years ago.

Last year they had me at 8 cruises and 2 were missing.

Had picture of ship with a date on it from the Sensation without us on it and a picture of me with a pirate and a knife with Ecstasy in background but no date.

Strangely enough they credited me for the Sensation one but not the Ecstasy.

I did not care as it gave me platinum for my next cruise but pays to make sure you get credit for the cruises you take.

Did you keep your sign & sail card?
I can't think of any better proof of your having cruised with a line!

It's got the name of the ship, the date you sailed, a card number,

a folio number...and a mag.stripe on the back with your (then-current) picture

Yeaahh, scary but still You. :D

Amazing that some people either throw them out

or have them lost...somewhere in the house.

I would call Carnival and double check the name. I had 6 cruises that Carnival had under another past guest number. This was quite awhile back but my name is Scotty and I go by Scott. They had some under Scott and some under Scotty. They merged them all together.

I can't think of any better proof of your having cruised with a line!

It's got the name of the ship, the date you sailed, a card number,

a folio number...and a mag.stripe on the back with your (then-current) picture

Yeaahh, scary but still You. :D

Amazing that some people either throw them out

or have them lost...somewhere in the house.

We had a cruise once where Carnival had to keep our S&S card as we debarked due to some computer glitch, so there are valid reasons people don't still have all their S&S cards.

When i took a last minute $99 hurricane special last summer my s&s was not a gold for previous guest since it was booked the day before. I wanted it to count since I am working towards platinum. I found out later that some guests went to the pursers desk and had the cards changed but i didnt. Can they still do it?

When i took a last minute $99 hurricane special last summer my s&s was not a gold for previous guest since it was booked the day before. I wanted it to count since I am working towards platinum. I found out later that some guests went to the pursers desk and had the cards changed but i didnt. Can they still do it?

That cruise should be added automatically just like any other cruise. You don't have to go to the Purser's Desk.

Have you checked your cruise history on the profile at http://www.carnival.com to see if that cruise is listed??

Another tip about very old cruises....

back then (before the invention of the internet) everyone used a Travel Agent.

If that agency is still in business, they may have some old records that will help.

I believe if you sailed the cruise, you should get credit.....

Also, my PVP assisted us in getting 8 cruises from the early 1980's added.

OK -- I've now looked for docs, none. No sign and sail card BUT I do have an embarkation photo so I'll try that.

They've checked by DOB, phone #, everything. It is just really, really strange. It was only in 2003 so it seems crazy that they can't find it.

Hope I can find that photo....

THANKS to the group. I never thought of the picture!

This happened to us last year. I'm not exactly sure how the mix-up occurred--the Carnival reps were completely confused. It took several phone calls to fix. This was our 8th cruise with Carnival. My sister, our best friend, and I cruise Carnival every year in a triple occupancy cabin. I believe that part of the problem is that they get my sister and I mixed up because our names are similar.

Luckily, I had all of my sail & sign cards from every cruise. So did my sister. I was able to read off the details from each sail/sign card. They just took my word for it. First time this had ever happened.

We sailed in 2003 and Carnival shows no record of it. Since I'm at 7 cruises, with that one, and my kids sail in 2 weeks for the second time and are not considered "previous cruisers" (yes, those other ones were without children) it is kind of important.

Has this happened to anyone out there and how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

PS--I found this out when filling out the FunPass yesterday and it wouldn't take the kids as previous cruisers.

It's easy.....but you need to provide proof of that cruise. They added several for me a couple of years ago as I dug around in my scrapbooks and memory boxes for things they needed.

Find a booking number, a photograph -- hopefully one that shows the ship's name on it...., a sign and sail card or, paper boarding pass like they used to use. Even a copy of the Capers showing the date would work.

Get all this together along with the names, dates and ship and mail it to guest services.

They will run things down for you and credit your account when they do. You'll receive a letter confirming or declining that your proof is acceptable.

I was able to get 9 cruises added to my profile...

Wanted to update that Carnival DID tell me if I FAX our embarkation photo, which I found luckily and it has the ship and date on it...that they would add it to my cruise profile.

I'm doing that today and I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestion. I know it's silly to want my kids to have the gold S and S card but I do. Mostly, I'm going for the 10 cruise status and one makes the difference!

Just an update on this -- I called Guest Care. They were very helpful. I faxed our embarkation photo along with a letter of explanation.

The rep put everything in and then it took about 3 days. I just checked on my FunPass info and now, everyone is a "Previous Cruiser".

I received excellent service.

If anyone out there is "missing" a cruise, it happens. BUT, they fixed it with a little proof on my part.

Archived