Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

It would seem that Indy could follow the same pattern as the Explorer dry dock, when they added the deck 12 cabins. The ship took on workers at both Port Everglades and materials at the Bahamas with work progressing as the ship crossed to Cadiz. There they released many of the ship's crew for vacation and more workers boarded to finalize the work prior to sailing up to Southampton from Cadiz.

RCI will most likely not return to Rotterdam for any dry dock due to the Oasis labor incident. Relatively the fine was very low though and they may have just built that into the cost of the Oasis revitalization. When a ship is at sea for dry dock, the labor laws are very relaxed for the 'hotel' crew that is now used to do 'light' work during the revitalization.

Now that they are bringing Mariner to dry dock at Freeport, Bahamas to get the Liberty enhancements prior to entering service year round from Miami, it would make sense to use Cadiz to add the deck 12 cabins to Indy as the cabins are prefabricated in Europe. That order can now include Explorer, Adventure and Mariner, which will all most likely have all the deck 2,3 and 12 cabins added.

Pretty sure Explorer already has the Deck 12 cabins added. :confused:

I can't find any 2019 Alaska cruises. Anyone know when they will be released? I thought they already were.

No, anything past about April 2019 will be subject to the follow on of this thread. Those itineraries will out next March.

Pretty sure Explorer already has the Deck 12 cabins added. :confused:

Explorer did a transatlantic drydock with the deck 12 cabins being added in Cadiz. Independence could be doing the same for her April 2018 dry dock, followed by Southampton sailings.

I see where you got that from the last line of the post. That is Indy, Adventure and Mariner.

Mariner will go to Freeport, Bahamas and will get the deck 12 cabins added most likely along with waterslides for Miami deployment.

Edited by MADflyer

• 2 weeks later...
Royal management claim in the Facebook promo for Symphony of the Seas they might get her early.

Southampton season maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When has RCI ever done anything early :confused:

Does anyone have any idea around when the 2019 itineraries for the Passion of the Seas will be released.... I know I'm early but I like to be organized a couple of years ahead..... and I'm keen ;p;p:'):')

Next major itinerary release would be Spring 2018.

Does anyone have any idea around when the 2019 itineraries for the Passion of the Seas will be released.... I know I'm early but I like to be organized a couple of years ahead..... and I'm keen ;p;p:'):')

Has Royal confirmed Passion of the Seas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next major itinerary release would be Spring 2018.

Feel free Royal to change her name ....Spectrum will do ;):D I don't care what her name is i am hoping she will still be headed from Europe to Asia :cool:

I was just about to ask this question...does anyone know when she is sailing? I am hoping she will sail in Spring of 2019 (for my big birthday!) I asked this on a blog site and someone said that they haven't started building her yet!!

I was just about to ask this question...does anyone know when she is sailing? I am hoping she will sail in Spring of 2019 (for my big birthday!) I asked this on a blog site and someone said that they haven't started building her yet!!

That may be true as the build time is typically less than 2 years. You can go to the MayerWreft web cam and look into the main building for progress.

Like Ovation, she is likely to go straight to Asia via the usual repositioning route.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am starting to wonder if the new Quantum Class Ship will go to Asia Pacific region with the massive down turn in cruises in China. Also Voyager of the Seas now on sale in Singapore September and October 2018.Shenzhen season not happening August 2018.