TO: All those STILL having problems getting double points from Barclay

rgmacm

I thought that with the new Princess card features it included double points for charges to any CCL Corp owned cruise line. Can anyone verify this?

We thought that also, but no. We only got one point for our HAL cruise. We did file an inquiry, but they said Princess only, not CCL.

Thank you. I am waiting on cases for double points and statement credit. Let me see what happens when i call that number.

Manager was able to manually enter the double points but could not mark the princess transactions as eligible to get statement credit. Have to wait for the tech team to do that.

Well, I tried that secret number today, and it didn't work. My Princess purchases got only one point, and I talked to Latiffe who said he was the manager of the department, would not give me to his boss, only said the case was opened and it would be corrected within 30 days. So, it is time to try to directly through to the rewards department.

One of those hang up and try again with another representative moments. Sorry!

Who did you speak with please? I tried the Barclay cards Princess rewards department, too, and got a 7 to 10 day resolution answer.

I would try calling again...each time you call you get a different person. Just keep trying until you get someone who will help you. Of course...it goes without saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. ;););)

I got a manager and she created a ticket for me, then came back and said they would just add the points within the next 24 hours. Also said I would be given the exact amount I should have had so that my total is double. What a pain to have to go through this!

I called today and they took care of it for me. I was on hold for a good 5 or 10 minutes, but once she came on the line she was very pleasant and helpful. Got it added right away. Thanks to OP for giving us the good phone number.

I thought that with the new Princess card features it included double points for charges to any CCL Corp owned cruise line. Can anyone verify this?

Barclay sent me a letter last November stating that I would get 2X points on any purchase from any World Leading cruise line.I paid off a HAL cruise in Jan. and they only allowed 1X the points.I called and they said they never heard of the offer but I had kept the letter and after emailing it to them,they did adjust my account to get the double points.After the cruise,they only gave me 1X on the points for our onboard charges and since it was only 2100 points,I didn't bother to call.This Monday I booked and paid for a Princess cruise and they only credited me with 1X the points.I called today and they immediately corrected the problem but I brought up the HAL points and sent them the same letter as I did in Jan..After a half hour of checking they stated that they no longer honored that offer.When I said that I must not have received the letter recinding the offer,they didn't have much to say.

I did not say you receive points for redeeming points. I said you receive 2% when redeeming - $2 for each 100 points redeemed.

My calculation was a little off but the result was correct, since you receive one point for each dollar, or two points for each Princess dollar. If you spend $5,000 on Princess, then you receive 10,000 points. When you redeem at 2%, you receive $200 (or 4% of the $5,000 spent).

On the BarclayCard website under Rewards & Benefits > Using My Points: Look under Statement Credits for the answer to the question "What's the best redemption value among eligible transactions?"

Thanks, Navy Veteran.

That's what I have been saying...4% on exclusively Princess purchases with the 2 + 2 on $4001+ purchases. However, I have been waiting to redeem because of all the ongoing points' problems. I have been waiting to call until they fix my last double point shortage. The more I read, I start second guessing myself. I have a qualifying purchase for the 4001 and I have 80000 points. Accordingly, I should get a $1600 credit, right?

Thanks, Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Who did you speak with please? I tried the Barclay cards Princess rewards department, too, and got a 7 to 10 day resolution answer.

A manager at the number in the OP of this thread. I called again regarding the statement credit- the are watching the statement close tomorrow, and if the Princess transaction does not show up they will manually add it as an eligible transaction for statement credit.

I went through the correct amount of points not being applied to my card after a Princess cruise purchase.

I went online, expressed my desire to have it corrected through there "contact" on their website. The response was so robotic that it did not answer my question of when will you apply the correct ratio of points for my Princess Cruise purchase? So I answered them on their website and asked do I need to talk to a live person to get this corrected? Next message sent to me was a ticket # with an explanation that this issue should be resolved in 30 days.

Well slap me silly if I did not get a letter in the mail, after 3 weeks, thanking me for my patience with this issue and the points have been corrected.

I could of called, but I am just so tired of the same rigamaroll that they spew out of their mouths without actually listening to the question. I spent over 40 minutes on the phone with DirectTV and agggghhh!

I like the Barclays card and I surely hope they get that issue resolved.

I called the number provided by the OP and the person I spoke to fixed the points while I was on the phone.

Thanks very much for sharing the information!

Did the same. Fixed in two minutes. Thanks OP.

The Bait and switch seems to be in high gear on several credit cards.. BEWARE OF THE CHASE FREEDOM CARD. Offered $250 in statement credit after spending $500.. All I got was $150.00 I should have taken a screen shot of the offer as now no one can find it.. Strangely enough, a friend was just offered $500.. He declined after talking to me and opened a Citi card.

I did get my double points but my cruise is not showing up as an eligible purchase to redeem rewards. Ugh, this sure is a lot of work to get the rewards that I signed up for the card for.

Having the same issue. That number should be able to help with that as well.

To the OP and everyone on this thread - THANK YOU!! We just paid for our passage which was over the $4,001 2% redemption mark and received single points. I called the number provided by the OP and could not have been happier with the service I received. She immediately knew what I was talking about and explained that they are having an ongoing issue that "passage" payments are not tripping the 2 points per dollar in their system like on-board charges do AND passage charges are not showing as eligible statement credit redemption purchases. Both transactions had to be manually done by her. She fixed the points first then verified the balance with me and asked how many points I wanted to redeem for a statement credit (2% value due to the purchase amount) and did the same for me. Took about 7 minutes and she apologized multiple times saying she hopes it is remedied in their system soon for no further issues.

Thank you, rgmacm (OP).

I used your phone number to get the last of my three separate double points deficits and also to redeem my points at the 2% level for a statement credit. Took only 12 minutes and the customer service lady couldn't have been nicer or more efficient. She was also very apologetic.

The first two point deficits only took a week to resolve through email, but since I wanted to redeem my points, I used the resolution number provided by the OP. It worked great.

It actually made my day.

Thanks again, and Safe Journeys. Paul

Thanks for sharing the phone number. I have been waiting a couple of weeks to get the points corrected. I have been assured it will be fixed when my statement arrives... If not I will call the number provided.

So sad that after years with zero problems with this card they somehow have messed up such a simple thing...

I just checked my transactions and found the same problem. No double points for a Princess purchase. I called the 866-872-6248 and first got a clerk that told me she would make a report and send it in and that I needed to wait 30 BUSINESS days for a correction.....I told her in no uncertain terms that that was not acceptable and asked for her supervisor.

Next spoke to the supervisor and told her that I was not the only one to have problems. That this has been going on for some time and that I was aware of several cruise critic members who have had this problem back several months. She offered me a 7-10 day window for correction and that she would call me back when correction was made. I told her also in no uncertain terms that that was not acceptable and asked for her superior.

Next spoke to the manager and plainly told her that Barclays certainly must be aware of this problem with many people calling in and taking up their operators time, that I could not believe that they have not taken care of this programing glich in all this time. She did not answer except to say that "yes" they were aware of it!!

About 45 minutes later the manager said that she had corrected my account.

Now I go into my account and find that they did not fix the double points next to the transaction, but that my total points do reflect the change.

My only advice is, if you really want to keep this card, and you have a problem, don't accept their first offer of help. Go up the chain of command until you get immediate action.

Helen

I called the other day as I didn't get double points on my recent final payment. Lady I talked to was very helpful and we got it resolved quickly. This is the first issue I've had, a previous payment earlier this year on another cruise did automatically get the double points.

Thanks for posting the phone #, I'll keep watching as I have another final payment due soon.

Called the manager line for my cruise passage not showing as an eligible purchase to redeem for statement credit. A ticket was opened and she said 30 days. My bill will be due before then so hopefully it's fixed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the phone this morning with a very pleasant and helpful Relationship Manager at Barclay. She couldn't have been more helpful and within a few minutes she had my Princess charges listed, calculated the points needed and 10 minutes later they were in my account. She apologized for the computer glitch that they were aware of. I have to say I was favorably impressed with her professional helpfulness. Mission accomplished, and now to apply those points to our next cruise.

I also have the same problem-no double points and no option for statement credit. Called the number the OP provided. Janica was very helpful and understanding. She opened a "ticket" and assure me I will see the credit to my account in 7-10 days. I asked her to fix the issue while I was on the phone but she said the amount I have to cash in (100,000+) was well over her allotted amount. Willing to wait the week or so, but if not resolved then-LOOK OUT!