Announcement of the New Le Club Voyage Program

AzamaraJoel

Hi BillC. I hope you enjoyed your recent cruise. I know this is considered a "thread hijack", but I would be interested in any suggestions/hints you might have about Madrid. Since it is not a port, it does not get mentioned often. I will be on the Journey, Nov 6 cruise, ending in Malaga, and then going to Madrid for several days postcruise. I know there are several other CC members on my roll call that are doing the same thing.

If you have any comments , you could post on the main forum or on our roll call, or in the Spain ports of call. Or if you are too busy Post-cruise to respond, I completely understand. No pressure, just interest.

Cruisemuse,

I am on your November Journey cruise and returned from Madrid yesterday having had a fabulous time.

Don't want to hijack this thread but why don't you post your email address on our roll call and we can communicate about the city if you would find this helpful.

We have expanded our cruise line activity, mainly because it is pointless (sorry about the pun) continuing to try and get to the next level on Celebrity or Azamara, and having nothing to show for loyalty in between the brands or whilst stuck on one level anymore.

New experiences and new ships ahead. Our next April cruise will be Emerald Waterways, just booked via the phone thanks to a very nice, helpful lady at the UK centre ;)

We will miss Azamara but to pay so much to try and get those loyalty points, when we should be trying other lines, maybe Azamara have done us a favour by releasing us before we became too loyal!

Farewell everyone, at least for now.

Yvonne

Yvonne, I know you have enjoyed all of your Azamara cruises (as have I) but I too plan to try different ships in 2015. Seabourn, Oceania and Viking appeal to me. I tend to enjoy all my vacations and have no doubt that I will have a good time whoever I sail with.

I am sure I will sail Azamara again but I like everyone am awaiting Thursday's announcement with interest.

To be honest I am not expecting too much but I do think it is possible that they will create a new loyalty level between Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum.

Probably best to wait and see but I am hoping that they are able to placate a bunch of very fed up, previously loyal cruisers

I can confirm there's a LCV newsletter scheduled for Thursday. I believe you'll be happy...though maybe not all of you. Some posters seem to have their hats and shoes on and are already out the door. But the future is long and I hope we can win them back eventually.

I can confirm there's a LCV newsletter scheduled for Thursday. I believe you'll be happy...though maybe not all of you. Some posters seem to have their hats and shoes on and are already out the door. But the future is long and I hope we can win them back eventually.

Thank you Bonnie. We have loved Azamara and have 3 more cruises planned. Hoping for some good news.

My circumstances are different from most of the posters recently. My wife and I have sailed on Azamara only once (Quest about a month after it joined the fleet). A combination of changes over to more inclusive and itinerary selected combined to keep us on Celebrity and RCL. But due to some long and sort-of-painful events, we booked 5 cruises (coincidentally, all on Quest) for next year and 2016. While I am disappointed in the dropping of laundry and internet benefits, I choose to be thankful for what I have been given in the past rather than complain about a change in what will be given in the future. Still, the company is changing how it rewards past business, not refusing to reward it at all which is what a casual observer would think from all the complaints.

Thanks for your work on this file.

If there's an LCV newsletter, will you post it here or will it be emailed to LCV members. If the latter, keep in mind that there are still some of us who, despite our best efforts, do not receive those emails.

I sent an email to Azamara Club Voyage and said I was not happy with their taking away my loyalty perks. I got a call from someone named Barney. He said something to the effect he did not know why I should feel that way and to call him back. I will call him tomorrow. Has anyone else gotten a response from Azamara. I mean Barney sounded like I should like the loyalty programs new changes. He left his name and extension number. Guess he does not read the complaints on this thread. Does anyone at Azamara? I use to tell all my friends to cruise on Azamara but not anymore.

Pattie

Sorry to take issue, but on balance the new LCV program is a much better one for us. Getting a 7% discount more than pays for "free" internet ( which we seldom used completely) and "free laundry" (of which we almost never took advantage) since we enjoy the social scene in the laundry room. Although Azamara announced the new program poorly for us as Diccover Plus members the benefits are better financially.

Sorry to take issue, but on balance the new LCV program is a much better one for us. Getting a 7% discount more than pays for "free" internet ( which we seldom used completely) and "free laundry" (of which we almost never took advantage) since we enjoy the social scene in the laundry room. Although Azamara announced the new program poorly for us as Diccover Plus members the benefits are better financially.

It does work differently for everyone. Based on my 6-cruise history (all booked with a $400 discount), the more expensive cabins for two passengers benefit slightly with the 7% discount ($34-$160). For other fares the -$400 on board booking discount is $63 to $221 dollars cheaper. The small additional savings with the 7% discount would easily be offset with Internet and laundry. For me I prefer the $400 booking credit.

cruise fare- $400 discount- 7% discount -difference

$2559 $2159 $2380 $-221

$8000 $7600 $7440 $160

$2650 $2250 $2465 $-215

$6200 $5800 $5766 $34

$4813 $4413 $4476 $-63

$3000 $2600 $2790 $-190

The difference is the "loyalty" reward is only for those who book again while onboard. If a "loyal" cruiser books other than onboard, they have essentially lost their benefits!

The difference is the "loyalty" reward is only for those who book again while onboard. If a "loyal" cruiser books other than onboard, they have essentially lost their benefits!

That's the way I read the "detail" too.

If we get back "today" what we had, I will be happy.

On a slightly different subject, can anyone tell me where I can find out what my latest tier level is. I know what it was when I was onboard the Quest earlier this month, but I would like to know if I have moved up to the next level or not, after completing another wonderful 12 days on my favourite ship.

That's the way I read the "detail" too.

If we get back "today" what we had, I will be happy.

On a slightly different subject, can anyone tell me where I can find out what my latest tier level is. I know what it was when I was onboard the Quest earlier this month, but I would like to know if I have moved up to the next level or not, after completing another wonderful 12 days on my favourite ship.

I think it is under captains club. i found it faster under Celebrity than A.

I have just gone up a tier level and I emailed Le Club Voyage to get this changed on my LCV details four days ago.....just had a reply and they got it completely wrong! In fact, I was told I had two different tiers in just one paragraph! And it's still wrong! :mad:

Just another Azamara shoreside mess up.

My Celebrity Captains Club level has already been updated correctly, so like Robin, I suggest you try there if you have ever sailed on Celebrity.

I have just gone up a tier level and I emailed Le Club Voyage to get this changed on my LCV details four days ago.....just had a reply and they got it completely wrong! In fact, I was told I had two different tiers in just one paragraph! And it's still wrong! :mad:

Just another Azamara shoreside mess up.

My Celebrity Captains Club level has already been updated correctly, so like Robin, I suggest you try there if you have ever sailed on Celebrity.

I looked today and i am 55 days to the next level. so it happpens this winter... everything is correct on it and i might need to find some Celebrity cruises for 2016. i never did find it on A.. never could.

That the information is not available via the Azamara website... Following is from the LCV section [FAQ subsection] of the website...

-----

"How do I find my Le Club Voyage member number and tier level?

For your Le Club Voyage number and tier level status, please inquire via e-mail at LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com, or call us at 1.888.532.5828 for US and Canada guests. International guests should click here for contact details."

-----

If you have ever sailed with Celebrity, you should be able to access your full cruise history online--for both Azamara and Celebrity--and your cruise point total/membership tier in Captain's Club [which easily translates to your status in LCV; tier names differ but membership thresholds are the same] by logging into "My Celebrity" and visiting the Captain's Club section... I'm not sure this will work if all of your past cruises have been with Azamara--one may need to have formally established an account with both cruise lines--but it may; I believe--certainly it is true personally--that membership numbers in Captain's Club and in Le Club Voyage are identical...

-----

Edited to add that clicking the link for international guests [as cited above] provides a list of international offices with phone numbers/e-mail addresses... Can't personally judge how accurate/current that list is...

Edited by Xport

The Le Club Voyage newsletter is live, and should be in the Club Members' email soon**! This long awaited publication is rolling out in waves to the North American members as I write this. We sincerely thank you for your lively feedback and your continued loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises. I know I speak for all of us when I say we hope you love the new program!

Here's a copy of the newsletter going out to North American members: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a8fc86aa

In a nutshell, and in addition to the newly announced LCV Benefits of $199/pp/stateroom upgrade, improved Onboard Future Cruise Savings, and special LCV voyages, we are reinstating Complimentary Laundry (1 bag/week/stateroom) as well as the Complimentary Internet Minutes (based on tier levels).

We also heard our Solo Travelers and will award them with Double Points when they sail on Azamara. Plus we will be adding additional milestones for Discovery Plus and Discovery Platinum members so that Complimentary Nights are more attainable. And we are now offering 10% quarterly LCV savings on select voyages.

And last, but certainly not least, we are adding Suite Amenities of Complimentary Laundry per week/suite, and Complimentary Internet Minutes (235/pp/voyage), regardless of LCV or first-time Azamara cruisers.

We believe we have the best Past Passenger program afloat, as well as the richest Suite deals.

(**Disclaimer re. the timing of the newsletter roll-out...due to international legal requirements, some markets will receive their newsletter next week.)

Just got the email from Azamara:

Azamara added back the free internet and laundry:)

They heard the complaints and added them back:)

One bag per 7 night cruise no matter what level you are.

Free internet: Discoverer gets 90 minute - just like Celebrity Elite

Discoverer Plus gets 120 minutes and Discoverer Platinum gets 150 minutes.

Also suite guests get free laundry and internet.

I am Zenith on Celebrity (Discoverer Platinum on AZ) and get 1620 minutes and unlimited free laundry on ALL Celebrity cruises.

I am sorry but I am not impressed with what this "Upscale" spin off from Celebrity is offering me:(

And last, but certainly not least, we are adding Suite Amenities of Complimentary Laundry per week/suite, and Complimentary Internet Minutes (235/pp/voyage), regardless of LCV or first-time Azamara cruisers.

I find it interesting that the suite guests get more internet than the Discoverer Platinum members. Similar to Celebrity where suite guests will get free unlimited internet starting April 2015.

Azamara is offering you a much superior cruise experience. Of course, if more internet minutes is more important to you, there are many Celebrity cruises to choose from.

I have been on Azamara three times.

I agree that in some ways they offer a superior product.

I have tried to compare prices recently on the internet and find them at least 2X the price of Celebrity.

I would hope that for 2X the price they have a superior product.

Bonnie - Thanks for the prompt update (you had promised Monday and it's here on Friday -- after all the complaints about missed deadlines this fact should be celebrated!). Also for the good news.

Since my first Azamara cruise is only coming up in 2016, I don't have any feeling of entitlement for loyalty benefits. But when that cruise starts I will have had three Celebrity cruises--and I'm a little confused as to what benefits will carry over for me.

If I'm doing the math right, I will have a total of 122 points from my three Celebrity cruises when I board Azamara on August 11, 2016 for 15 nights.

The first question is about my status as I board Azamara. Will I receive the benefits of Adventurer status [even though I have never sailed on an Azamara ship before]?

The second question is about the effect of this Azamara cruise. With a Veranda cabin on a 15-night cruise I will earn 75 points, taking me over the 150-point threshold from Adventurer to Explorer. Normally that threshold earns 2 Free Nights on an upcoming cruise, and I will have exactly 50% of the 150 on Azamara--but not 50% of my total of 197. So, will I earn the two free nights?

Again, I'm not writing this from a sense of entitlement. If the Azamara cruise is as good as folks here on Cruise Critic lead me to believe, I'll be happy anyway. But as a New Yorker, I was raised with the mantra "if you don't ask, you won't get." So thanks for your answer either way.

Sincerely,

Jazzbeau

Edited by Host Jazzbeau