Live - Silver Spirit Rome to Ft. Lauderdale

Emtbsam

in la terrazza. Gnocchi with traditional pesto sauce, the gnocchi were so light they melted in your mouth. scrumptious. they rivaled the best i have had in firenze. i also tasted a venison stew, which was very good. as the duck ragu is a constant on the menu i have been trying other items.

today quite stormy outside, a good day for bunk games. perhaps it will clear soon, but no weather report yet, and the view from the deck in the distance is overcast, wind and rain.

tonight is the venetian cocktail party and formal night.

still keeping a low profile. finished two books, and on to the third...

must say the crew is super wonderful.

Spinners,

gnocchi proves what I have suspected. You're an "earth" person. Potatoes, pasta, good bread ....

Lovely to hear your enjoying your days ....

Jeff

:)

Despite the fact that Kirk must be so very ready to be off the ship for a while, he continues to do an excellent job all around. He makes you feel that he genuinely likes what he is doing all the time. His trivia is simply the best!

We hope he enjoys a well-deserved rest and that we see him on board another SS ship soon.

Another officer who has made our trip most pleasant is the F & B manager Nicolas Longin. He is always out and about checking on things and making sure that the passengers are happy.

This is a great crew and we are having a wonderful time regardless of the weather.

Hey hey, 8 days to go. Will give you a wave from somewhere cold and southerly.

Hi Silver. Thanks. Good to see that you are enjoying the Southern oceans once again.

Regards to Mrs Spectreska - trust she is managing the Times crossword unaided.;)

after the last few days of rock and roll, we are now in the midst of a much calmer sea.

sun is out and breakfast on the deck of la terrazza was delightful. one just has to feel invigorated by the sun and the sea. there is nothing on the horizon except the sea and a few clouds...

another great meal last night with lively conversation with fellow cruisers after the venetian society.

so many venetians with a gazillion days. we are in awe.

a bird has been following the ship since Portugal, but this morning is nowhere to be seen. hopefully the rough weather did not dissuade it from pursuing us, or is it that we were following it?

We understood Alastair Bruce (Baron Bruce) was joining in Barcelona as guest lecturer, if so, what are his topics?

Has been closely connected to the British royal family,currently the royal correspondent for Sky News.More importantly having sailed on SS in his company on many voyages he is a first class and interesting lecturer.Hope you enjoy.

Hi Silver. Thanks. Good to see that you are enjoying the Southern oceans once again.

Regards to Mrs Spectreska - trust she is managing the Times crossword unaided.;)

Regards. She still needs a little help, but generally does well. Are you going to be warm enough to enjoy your favorite pastime?, its a little Chile in these southern climes

For Pat, yes, Mark and I continue to attempt to add our two cents at trivia with music still being our one (and only) strong suit. We certainly could have benefited from input from the brain trust AKA "50 Shades...". We will wave at you in the spring during our T/A on Azamara.

Wes, have only seen David across the room at trivia. Will try and swing by to introduce ourselves.

Yesterday was the quintessential prototype for what one imagines as the perfect sea day! Fingers crossed for a few more! Service continues to be top notch. We are enjoying the intimate atmosphere of Stars Supper Club with Dana and Tony's evening performance. Happily we are also not the only dancing fools onboard. The disco is "rocking" every night and not just from heavy swells!

Enough random thoughts. It's time for music trivia!

Ditto about fogmalkin's report about yesterday. perfect sea day, and the grill, aka hot rocks, was packed last night.

breakfast again today outside at la terrazza. always amazes me that people completely avoid the maitre d and go outside and seat themselves. not quite sure why that is.

the bird which has been tailing us, or leading us, was completely absent yesterday. but today has reappeared flying high above the vessel and in our wake. wonder if it will stick with us until ftl or just hamilton.

there is lots to do aboard, or nothing to do, the choice is what makes it all so deliciously wonderful.

abundant sun today and the sea is very silver!

the pool area is packed with sun worshippers.

Fogmalkin/Suzanne & Mark, Spinnaker2/Candy & Larry; thanks for the Spirit on board reports--y'alls crossing sounds wonderfully relaxing. Makes us pine for our Spirit Pacific crossing sea days coming in March. Continued Fair Winds and Following seas for y'alls crossing.

Edited by WesW

Fogmalkin/Suzanne & Mark, Spinnaker2/Candy & Larry; thanks for the Spirit on board reports--y'alls crossing sounds wonderfully relaxing. Makes us pine for our Spirit Pacific crossing sea days coming in March. Continued Fair Winds and Following seas for y'alls crossing.

Thanks from me too.

Hows the dress code holding up so far, and has Kirk's alter ego made an appearance yet?

We understood Alastair Bruce (Baron Bruce) was joining in Barcelona as guest lecturer, if so, what are his topics?

Yes, Alastair is giving 6 lectures. His lectures are very well attended, entertaining and educational. Thus far, Downton Abbey, Making History Real (even in film), My Life in Broadcasting (Sky News) and Keepers of the Kingdom - "The World's Oddest Job Titles".

Yes, Alastair is giving 6 lectures. His lectures are very well attended, entertaining and educational. Thus far, Downton Abbey, Making History Real (even in film), My Life in Broadcasting (Sky News) and Keepers of the Kingdom - "The World's Oddest Job Titles".

Thankyou for the information, appreciate it.

lovely cruise winding down.

terrific dinner last night hosted by victoria and bob in the mdr, the theme was food from the Philippines. Conversation was animated as all enjoyed the many dishes served family style. Sorry i did not write the names of the dishes served. All very good and kudos to the Filipino chefs.

tonight is the last formal night. we have reservations in la terrazza.

then the dreaded suitcase night.

today is sunny and just spectacular.

lafayette - lehigh game today, and larry wishes he could be there, or at least view it. no can do. not even ss can do, altho you may be certain larry asked.

he will have to settle for internet reports thruout the game, which starts at 3:30 p.m. and is in yankee stadium of all places. its the 150th meeting of the teams in one of college's football oldest and top rivalries in usa.

larry has already run into a lehigh alum, and they have been baiting each other during the cruise. today its showdown...the winner of the game must buy the other a drink

Hi Spinnaker2,

There seems to be something odd with the specialty restaurants on the cruise starting December 4th. For a numer of days they seem to be closed (unavailable instead of waitlisted). Would it be possible, if not too inconvenient, to inform why this would be.

Thanks

Boudewijn

jongby:

i will ask around about the specialty restaurants. they seem to be in fine shape so it doesn't appear they need remodeling.

i bet it is as one cc'er said, they have been booked for a private event.

i will let you know if i am able to learn anything.

i took the advice of another PAX and i booked our choices of venue online as soon as it was possible to book them and haven't had any issues with rescheduling by the vessel.

we have only been in the MDR a single time.

on another note, its a little tense onboard. the vessel has not been in a US port on six months and so all sorts of inspectors are anticipated to be onboard tomorrow. lots of ultra deep cleaning going on.

a paid consultant got on in bermuda and has been advising the vessel of issues which need to be addressed.

Thank you for your answer.

I also thought private events would be a logical explanation, but 10 days in a row? LC is 'unavailable' for at least 10 days in a row at our B2B.

The other explanation could be that all the reservations that they allow for online booking have been taken. They have to allow some for onboard booking. So I suspect it may be a combination of the two.