Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

I am sure I will be "flamed" for this...but just my opinion. Kids get credits for cruises when they are 3, 4, 5th in cabin. I feel only 1st and second should after the age of 18. This is why there are so many elites. Half of these kids that stay in rooms leave them in disarray and don't leave tips for them.

The past poster who said people who remove tips, not credit...I totally agree. What is fair is fair.

I'm just wondering how people know what is in anyone's laundry bag? I pack up our laundry and leave the bag closed on our bed ready for the steward to pick up when he cleans the cabin. Are there really passengers checking out what I'm putting in there???;)

They are probably getting this information from the room steward as the reason to why their laundry is taking so long to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure I will be "flamed" for this...but just my opinion. Kids get credits for cruises when they are 3, 4, 5th in cabin. I feel only 1st and second should after the age of 18. This is why there are so many elites. Half of these kids that stay in rooms leave them in disarray and don't leave tips for them.

The past poster who said people who remove tips, not credit...I totally agree. What is fair is fair.

And you know this how?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Also, the it appears that those who have achieved Elite level have no meaning left in their life. There is nothing left for them to aspire to.

That is the cause of the every-now-and-then passenger who "falls" overboard.

I guess I have to dispatch myself when I hit 51.

Well, maybe I'll hang out until whichever one it is where you get that cruise of breakfasts in Sabatini's.

Sorry. That is only if you book a suite and then you can have it on your first cruise. When I finally hit Elite I can stress over all the new burdens that life has handed me. Until then I'll continue on in the blissful ignorance of being Platinum. Somehow though, I enjoyed my first cruise with a blue card, and my subsequent cruises with the gold, the ruby (that was a surprise), and now the platinum card and status. My cruises seem to be really (really!) enjoyable and I don't have all the "stress" of being Elite and worrying about how someone else got to that level in a different manner or did something else that "demeaned" or "devalued" my Elite status.

I've met a bunch of folks who are Elite on Princess and somehow (I have NO idea how!) are still just really nice people. Yes, I'm being somewhat snarky here but really, too many people seem to worry about what others have.

Edited by Thrak

On the 29 day Emerald cruise, we were expecting the laundry delay and planned accordingly before we even left home. How many t-shirts/socks/undies will we really need to take and not run out. Always got our laundry back within the 3 day time frame. But sometimes it has to do with the cabin stewart (love you stewart!) if they check to see if your laundry is completed. With 950 elite onboard, (which isn't necessarily unusual for a long cruise) along with other laundry that needs to be completed (napkins, tablecloths, towels etc. and crew's also) the laundry is cranked up running in full gear. I appreciate having my laundry done for me and because of our preplanning never had an issue or ran out of the must need items.

It certainly is the attendant who can make your delivery be shorter or longer...even in a suite we have had our attendant tell us he was delaying our laundry PU.

DH & I have had mixed results with the laundry on Princess ships. Shirts and one dress ripped. So always take photos b4 sending out and check over everything when returned.

In January I had a dress go missing...........on the 6 day of a 14 day cruise.......it never turned up I never thought that it could have ended up in the Cabin of a non-elite guest, who's elite friend had their laundry done.:rolleyes:

Enjoy..........

Edited by land lover

It certainly is the attendant who can make your delivery be shorter or longer...even in a suite we have had our attendant tell us he was delaying our laundry PU.

DH & I have had mixed results with the laundry on Princess ships. Shirts and one dress ripped. So always take photos b4 sending out and check over everything when returned.

In January I had a dress go missing...........on the 6 day of a 14 day cruise.......it never turned up I never thought that it could have ended up in the Cabin of a non-elite guest, who's elite friend had their laundry done.:rolleyes:

Enjoy..........

You forgot to add the occasional shrinkage to your list of damaged items. More often than not their laundry ruins my stuff that I'd rather wash out thing myself.

And you know this how?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A few years back we met 2 young people during embarkation. They said they were elite and wanted to make sure they were in the right line to board. I thought they were joking. They said they got credits every time they cruised with their folks and now have all the benefits. They were in the line for elites.

The 3, 4, 5th person in the room do not pay as much as passenger 1 & 2, thus, my feeling for not getting a point toward being elite. This is why there are so many elites. Eventually Princess will have to do something.

I think the OBC's for amount of money you spend is fair and a good idea someone posted here. That way, no one can say someone is getting more or less, you are getting exactly what you CHOOSE to pay for....

Still can't see why we can't just pay people what they are worth instead of having to make up their wages with tips? Never understood the compulsory tipping culture of some countries?

Don't get me wrong, we don't have a lot of money and no one gave us any money...we work hard. We choose not to go out to eat, movies, etc. and do all our own landscaping and inside work on the home. We save that for our cruise. It is worth every penny to us. In turn, we feel we would not cruise if we could not afford to give the staff who have made our trip special extra tips in addition to the ones already charged. We look at it as our donation to someone that has made our trip and the extra money means so much to them...this makes us happy that we can make a small difference in someone's day. It is our choice. I could not imagine working on a ship trying to make everyone happy and then in the end get stiffed. That is just totally wrong. So really not much about culture, but about doing what you feel is the right thing and treat others as you would like to be treated.

You forgot to add the occasional shrinkage to your list of damaged items. More often than not their laundry ruins my stuff that I'd rather wash out thing myself.

Have had several items ruined over the years. We have now learned to only send all whites together in one bag or all dark clothes together in one bag. Only send one bag at a time or they will dump them all in together, we found this out the hard way. Also we found laundry quality is poor near the end of the cruise because more people are trying to get their laundry done before they get off the ship.

Have had several items ruined over the years. We have now learned to only send all whites together in one bag or all dark clothes together in one bag. Only send one bag at a time or they will dump them all in together, we found this out the hard way. Also we found laundry quality is poor near the end of the cruise because more people are trying to get their laundry done before they get off the ship.

And that is one of the ways that this perk is abused. It wasn't intended to send us home with clean clothes.

We stopped sending clothes out 5 days before the end of the cruise. In the past we normally send out the clothes we plan on wearing on the plane home a couple days before we disembark but stopped because we felt so sorry for the crew & steward regarding laundry.

And that is one of the ways that this perk is abused. It wasn't intended to send us home with clean clothes.

To each his own, of course, but I've never quite understood the desire to go home with Princess-laundered clothes in my suitcase. I much prefer using my own detergent and fabric softener, and drying my clothes to my specifications (lots of hang-drying). Also, I don't want any travel smells (and there are always travel smells from clothes sitting in a closed suitcase 24 hours or more) to get into my drawers and closets at home.

We've been burned several times with Princess laundered clothing either being returned ruined or not being returned at all, but we still turn in a few items of clothing to be washed. Underwear, socks, shorts and t-shirts that are expendable. Everything else gets handwashed in the room or done myself in the passenger laundries (the best part about cruising Princess).

To each his own, of course, but I've never quite understood the desire to go home with Princess-laundered clothes in my suitcase. I much prefer using my own detergent and fabric softener, and drying my clothes to my specifications (lots of hang-drying). Also, I don't want any travel smells (and there are always travel smells from clothes sitting in a closed suitcase 24 hours or more) to get into my drawers and closets at home.

We've been burned several times with Princess laundered clothing either being returned ruined or not being returned at all, but we still turn in a few items of clothing to be washed. Underwear, socks, shorts and t-shirts that are expendable. Everything else gets handwashed in the room or done myself in the passenger laundries (the best part about cruising Princess).

Princess has really started cutting back and nickle and diming you to death. We were just on a 28 day cruise in a full suite and Elite and still could not get our laundry done on time. Suites are suppose to have same day service free. I must say that I would never recommend a Suite on Princess to anyone. Mini-Suite yes....full suite no! The price you pay for the service you get is ludicrous. When a cruise line says you have amenities then they should provide the amenities. Not tell you it's only upon request. :( Time to go back to Celebrity. We just cancelled 3 long cruises with Princess and are now booked with Celebrity. :) Time to check out that Elite+ status :D

That's your interpretation. Princess never has told anyone what they can launder or how late in the cruise it can be done.

That said I only give them items in a pinch and do most of my own washing myself. I would never trust them with anything of value. They've ruined to many of my clothes in the past.

I'm with you. If we took home clothes that had been laundered by Princess my wife would just wash them again anyway. She's pretty picky about the laundry. (I say my wife would do it as she doesn't want anybody else - including me - to mess with the laundry.)

U r so right...I did have one sweater not make it through...but it was an old one, that was dry clean only before I knew not all ships have dry cleaning.

The only claim I have made is my missing dress...my Husband takes most of his clothes to the laundry at home and said no big deal on the rips on his button down shirts as they were at crease marks and he stated they were old...he probably just didn't want me to waste my time complaining.

He has handled his laundry and purchasing his clothes for 33 years now...so no need for me to "defend" his shirts even though I know for a fact no rips were present when the button down shirts went out.;p

Edited by land lover

Princess has really started cutting back and nickle and diming you to death. We were just on a 28 day cruise in a full suite and Elite and still could not get our laundry done on time. Suites are suppose to have same day service free. I must say that I would never recommend a Suite on Princess to anyone. Mini-Suite yes....full suite no! The price you pay for the service you get is ludicrous. When a cruise line says you have amenities then they should provide the amenities. Not tell you it's only upon request. :( Time to go back to Celebrity. We just cancelled 3 long cruises with Princess and are now booked with Celebrity. :) Time to check out that Elite+ status :D

I so agree with you our worst room attendants have been when we have had full suites.....

Has anyone had there shoes shinned...now that is a joke.....

Why would he do this?

Because it was effort for him to go down to the laundry and pick up our clothes. In this instance it was a short cruise and we were probably the only people who had laundry done, so he did not want to make a trip for only one cabin.

A few years back we met 2 young people during embarkation. They said they were elite and wanted to make sure they were in the right line to board. I thought they were joking. They said they got credits every time they cruised with their folks and now have all the benefits. They were in the line for elites.

The 3, 4, 5th person in the room do not pay as much as passenger 1 & 2, thus, my feeling for not getting a point toward being elite. This is why there are so many elites. Eventually Princess will have to do something.

I think the OBC's for amount of money you spend is fair and a good idea someone posted here. That way, no one can say someone is getting more or less, you are getting exactly what you CHOOSE to pay for....

Did you know that on Royal Caribbean, your spouse and children under 18 if they have cruised once with you attain your status. All our children can go on any Royal ship and get free drinks at cocktail hour because I had that status before they turned 18....oh and they got the benefit from X too...took them on 1 Galapagos cruise and again free drinks and my benefits. At least with princess these family members were on the cruise.

Just sayin'

U r so right...I did have one sweater not make it through...but it was an old one, that was dry clean only before I knew not all ships have dry cleaning.

The only claim I have made is my missing dress...my Husband takes most of his clothes to the laundry at home and said no big deal on the rips on his button down shirts as they were at crease marks and he stated they were old...he probably just didn't want me to waste my time complaining.

He has handled his laundry and purchasing his clothes for 33 years now...so no need for me to "defend" his shirts even though I know for a fact no rips were present when the button down shirts went out.;p

I always tell my wife it's not if they'll damage your clothes but when. :eek:

Sooner of later it will happen and you certainly don't want it to be something of decent value. From time to time she still sends something in.