Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

Quote: " I so agree with you our worst room attendants have been when we have had full suites....."

Interesting.... the worst experience we have had with room stewards was when we had a suite.

I agree. I saw our bag of laundry on his cart in the evening when I gave it to him early morning. On one cruise we were getting off early and I sent about four things down two days before we were to leave. When we returned from dinner our last evening, they were on the bed, still dirty with no note or anything. We were in a suite and suppose to have same day service yet we couldn't get it the next day. We were leaving at 7:30am so he wasn't around to ask what was up. And we even gave him a nice tip which he really did not deserve.

A few years back we met 2 young people during embarkation. They said they were elite and wanted to make sure they were in the right line to board. I thought they were joking. They said they got credits every time they cruised with their folks and now have all the benefits. They were in the line for elites.

The 3, 4, 5th person in the room do not pay as much as passenger 1 & 2, thus, my feeling for not getting a point toward being elite. This is why there are so many elites. Eventually Princess will have to do something.

I think the OBC's for amount of money you spend is fair and a good idea someone posted here. That way, no one can say someone is getting more or less, you are getting exactly what you CHOOSE to pay for....

And you have extrapolated from that one incident years ago that this is the reason there so many elites. Highly scientific.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And you have extrapolated from that one incident years ago that this is the reason there so many elites. Highly scientific.

You may take if for what it is...the fact that they get points when then are very young and attain elite by no means of their own but their parents.

To put my response in perspective we were talking about accumulation of points...I just stated a fact. No need for you to become offended by it.

Did you know that on Royal Caribbean, your spouse and children under 18 if they have cruised once with you attain your status. All our children can go on any Royal ship and get free drinks at cocktail hour because I had that status before they turned 18....oh and they got the benefit from X too...took them on 1 Galapagos cruise and again free drinks and my benefits. At least with princess these family members were on the cruise.

Just sayin'

We don't have kids...but kids do get the credits; thus they are able to attain elite much faster by parents taking them, then the people whose parents did not take them on a cruise have to work up to the points at full boat. Post was talking about how elite status is met and points accrued. Stating an opinion.

You may take if for what it is...the fact that they get points when then are very young and attain elite by no means of their own but their parents.

To put my response in perspective we were talking about accumulation of points...I just stated a fact. No need for you to become offended by it.

Not offended. Don't have kids. Shouldn't matter who pays for kids. And I bet their fare is oft more than an inside three or four day by adults. It's not jobbing the system.

Not offended. Don't have kids. Shouldn't matter who pays for kids. And I bet their fare is oft more than an inside three or four day by adults. It's not jobbing the system.

Not really...check the fares.

I did. Seven day balcony oft times more expensive than 3 day or certainly one day inside

inside @ 899 pp and 3rd and more are 499 pp at peak times. Still half of what is normal. Again...the person who said to reward for amount paid is the best way to go.

inside @ 899 pp and 3rd and more are 499 pp at peak times. Still half of what is normal. Again...the person who said to reward for amount paid is the best way to go.

Apples and oranges. Most families travel during school recess when fares are higher. Inside Three days can be had for $299.

Apples and oranges. Most families travel during school recess when fares are higher. Inside Three days can be had for $299.

Again, good reason to have points based on what is spent. We've never gotten a cruise @ $299 pp, even all the 17 years we have been cruising. Guess we have been missing out.

Exactly....

I don't apologize for our kids going with us since an early age.

Yes we paid big bucks for them. No special 3rd and 4th for $299 etc.

Most of the time as much as we did in the same cabin.

Don't put all families and kids in the same basket. :(

These cheap 3rd and 4th passenger fares are few and far between and were pretty much non existent when our kids sailed with us before they turned 18.

They cruised the same as anyone else and they earned it.

Exactly....

These cheap 3rd and 4th passenger fares are few and far between and were pretty much non existent when our kids sailed with us before they turned 18.

It just seems 3, 4 5 passengers are roughly half the normal fair. I just checked Ruby, 1/6/18 7 day and it is $649 pp and 3, 4, etc is $299 pp. Really doesn't matter...just the poster who had the idea to have it based on points of what is spent is totally fair...no one can say anything wrong is with that. Hey I wish my parents took us on cruises...we weren't so lucky to be able to travel anywhere.

Getting back to laundry and knowing a lot of regulars are on this thread...

What is the deal about not all ships having DRY cleaning??????

None of the ships have DRY cleaning. They use a professional wet cleaning process instead. The chemicals used in dry cleaning are too toxic to deal with on the ocean.

Exactly....

More oftern than not it was cheaper for me to book the kids in a separate stateroom than to pile all 4 of us in one room.

Getting back to laundry and knowing a lot of regulars are on this thread...

What is the deal about not all ships having DRY cleaning??????

None of the ships have DRY cleaning. They use a professional wet cleaning process instead. The chemicals used in dry cleaning are too toxic to deal with on the ocean.

Their replacement process is just called "cleaning" and is a decent substitute for the old dry cleaning process.

Why would you want to trade a $6 wash & dry plus lots of your liesure time for a $40 to $60 load of laundry? Makes no sense to me. I wouldn't push too hard for this trade off. To us laundry is the best elite perk. It frees up lots of your time, and lightens what you have to pack, even if it does take 3 days.

Absolutely! We love having our laundry done and would hate to have to go back to the laundry room ourselves. So many arguments take place in those rooms. I don't care what else they take away. We have never waited any more than one day and really appreciate lighter packing and more time to relax. Trust me, we have paid for the privilege and have never abused it.

Many moons ago, way before I was even dreaming of getting a black card, I used to marvel at how light others could pack as they explained they got free laundry services onboard. Fast forward to the black card and I have yet to send out even one bag of laundry for complimentary cleaning. I have simply learned how to pack efficiently and believe it or not, have also learned how to pack my clothing so it ends up relatively wrinkle free!!

I really do appreciate that Princess offers this perk .... but doubt if I will ever be one to really utilize it to the extent where others would be affected. ???

And that is one of the ways that this perk is abused. It wasn't intended to send us home with clean clothes.

Some people have been touring before a cruise and need to have laundry done soon after boarding.

Some others will be touring once the cruise ends and will need to have laundry done before the end of the cruise.

Some people have been touring before a cruise and need to have laundry done soon after boarding.

Some others will be touring once the cruise ends and will need to have laundry done before the end of the cruise.

That would be me this summer. I will be getting on the ship with 6 days worth of dirty clothes, and needing 5 days of clothing after the cruise. I am not planning on spending any of my Rome or Barcelona time doing laundry, nor will I have much time or desire to do it myself on the ship. I probably will not send all my pre cruise clothing at once, but I will be sending them the first few days, DH and I will be away for a month with 1 suitcase each. The free laundry is a benefit Princess has given us, and we are not taking advantage of the system by using it.

Actually I have read many long time cruisers who say it was originally only by number of cruises but was changed to allow number of cruise days in order to make it more "fair" for those who take long cruises. I believe you have it backward.

As usual, you are right. We were lucky enough to take several cruises of up to 60 days (when alcoholic drinks were about 35 cents), and had over 350 days when we finally made elite with our 15 voyages.