Onboard the NEW Infinity

julia

Boarded the shiny new Infinity an hour ago. We really thought that perhaps the cabins would be ready (since no pax are disembarking!), but alas, no such luck. She is very shiny though, with lots of new carpetting hroughout. I will post more once we settle in and have a chance to explore....

Strange note, when we arrive at Port Everglades at 11:15, there were NO porters here. We only had roll-ons, so not a problem, but kinda weird!

Yes, I will post more. Quick observation about the Lido. Went through the salad bar, and it has new "sneeze guards" (which is good), BUT.... the opening is very low, and you almost cannot reach the items in the back. (Think bending and stooping.) Also, after my salad was made, I looked for the dressings. They were at the BEGINNING of the items! Now, I'm backing up, and cutting in between people. Hmmmm.... kinda dumb, that is.

Still awaiting for cabins to open.... I find this an annoying feature on Celebrity's part.

Oh well, the wine is good.....

Nice, new balcony furniture. The chairs are not the low-slung ones of previous, but a bit higher. Still mesh, still adjustable, but now more of "table height" for dining on the balcony. Nice improvement!

Solarium is just lovely! Very light and bright, with subtle artwork, and light faux teak decking. The wooden loungers are only on starboard side, with wood tables and chairs on port side to accommodate the Aqua Spa Cafe. Very nice feel in here....

The perils of sailing after dry dock.... Ocean View bar closed currently, and "sunk" our sailaway gathering. Other bars very crowded, but we managed to meetup anyway!

YIKES!!! Whoever screwed THAT one up needs to be keel hauled! :eek: :p :D

Glad you were able to work around it... how big was your roll call group? Please send more updates!

Edited by teecee60

I hope they didn't change these two features. I much prefer the M class solarium pools to the Solstice class solarium pools. And I love the big porthole window in the sauna.

I just put a deposit on a January 2017 sailing and was looking forward to enjoying that particular pool.

Yes, I will post more. Quick observation about the Lido. Went through the salad bar, and it has new "sneeze guards" (which is good), BUT.... the opening is very low, and you almost cannot reach the items in the back. (Think bending and stooping.) Also, after my salad was made, I looked for the dressings. They were at the BEGINNING of the items! Now, I'm backing up, and cutting in between people. Hmmmm.... kinda dumb, that is.

Still awaiting for cabins to open.... I find this an annoying feature on Celebrity's part.

Oh well, the wine is good.....

Looking forward to reading (and seeing pictures) how the ship looks after being in dry dock. We will be on the Infinity Jan 17th in S. America.

We are booked in a RS for our Panama Canal Cruise. Very interested in seeing the updated suite and new Tuscan menus. Hope we have the new menus on our Eclipse cruise.

Interested in new Tuscan menus....

are they available?