ms Amsterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away April 26, 2017

Boytjie

The penultimate dam ship departure from Port Everglades until mid-September.

The Eurodam will be at Pier 26 (port alongside). She is scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The Amsterdam 's 18-Day Panama Canal itinerary:

Apr 26 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Apr 27 At Sea

Apr 28 At Sea

Apr 29 Cartagena, Colombia

Apr 30 Enter Panama Canal Cristobal

Apr 30 Cruising Panama Canal

Apr 30 Exit Panama Canal Balboa

May 1 At Sea

May 2 Puerto Caldera (Puntarenas), Costa Rica

May 3 Corinto, Nicaragua

May 4 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

May 5 Huatulco, Mexico

May 6 At Sea

May 7 At Sea

May 8 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

May 9 At Sea

May 10 At Sea

May 11 San Francisco, California, US

May 12 At Sea

May 13 At Sea

May 14 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

T7P18X.jpg

Until earlier today, the second largest private yacht in the world was docked in Port Everglades.

a894f98bc9011b19745b1c06a9ceca8f.jpg

The Eclipse clocks in at 136 meters. It's roughly 2/3 the length of the Prinsendam. However, she has a passenger capacity of 36.

The penultimate dam ship departure from Port Everglades until mid-September.

The Eurodam will be at Pier 26 (port alongside). She is scheduled to depart at 16:00/4:00 PM EDT.

The webcams are at:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com/

The Amsterdam 's 18-Day Panama Canal itinerary:

Half asleep again?? :D

Two more sailaways after this. Prinsendam Sat May 6 and Maasdam on Mon May 15 as she heads for NE and Canada.

Edited by Happily@Sea

I am assuming that her maiden voyage to Alaska will be mid-May based on this itinerary.

Since this sailing ends in Vancouver & my sailing is a Seattle round trip, when does she start to berth in Seattle? (The sailings that I researched were all Seattle round trips - in July.)

Just curious.

I am assuming that her maiden voyage to Alaska will be mid-May based on this itinerary.

Since this sailing ends in Vancouver & my sailing is a Seattle round trip, when does she start to berth in Seattle? (The sailings that I researched were all Seattle round trips - in July.)

Just curious.

On the 15th - the next day. She does one 7-day [15th-22nd] and then on the 22nd [of May] starts her 14-day itinerary.

On the 15th - the next day. She does one 7-day [15th-22nd] and then on the 22nd [of May] starts her 14-day itinerary.

Thanks.

On the AK board someone mentioned 7-day on Amsterdam, I thought it might be an error... (I guess since I was only looking in July, that is why I only found the 14-night itineraries.)

Thanks.

On the AK board someone mentioned 7-day on Amsterdam, I thought it might be an error... (I guess since I was only looking in July, that is why I only found the 14-night itineraries.)

One more thing about the termination point of this sailing - when you booked to get on here in FLL, you chose either to end in Vancouver or stay on one more night for Seattle. There is also a 1 night Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to Seattle.

Half asleep again?? :D

Two more sailaways after this. Prinsendam Sat May 6 and Maasdam on Mon May 15 as she heads for NE and Canada.

Not half asleep... missed Maasdam because the HAL website doesn't show it as an embarkation port on the 15th of May - the same is reflected on Cruise Timetables. Not sure why since it shows as a disembarkation port on both.

We are sitting in our Fort Lauderdale hotel all packed and ready to go. Shuttle will collect us at 11. We are doing the Alaska 7 day as well, so we have 26 days on board the beautiful Amsterdam.

Until earlier today, the second largest private yacht in the world was docked in Port Everglades.

The Eclipse clocks in at 136 meters. It's roughly 2/3 the length of the Prinsendam. However, she has a passenger capacity of 36.

We were able to walk alongside the Eclipse when she was docked in Barcelona in October. There were guards stationed beside it to ensure that nobody (read: us poor folk) jumped onboard. It just oozed excess; gold here, chrome there, ivory coloured leather banquettes, gleaming woodwork etc. We were able to see into the upper levels from one of the restaurants, but the photos didn't turn out well due to the window screens.

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

The lady in the pic is an unknown tourist who simply wouldn't leave her perch.:rolleyes:

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Not half asleep... missed Maasdam because the HAL website doesn't show it as an embarkation port on the 15th of May - the same is reflected on Cruise Timetables. Not sure why since it shows as a disembarkation port on both.

Actually the 'half-asleep' was also for the The Eurodam will be at Pier 26 (port alongside) and the itinerary reads Amsterdam. :D

Actually the 'half-asleep' was also for the The Eurodam will be at Pier 26 (port alongside) and the itinerary reads Amsterdam. :D

It is a good thing I am taking a break from doing this at the end on April!

It is a good thing I am taking a break from doing this at the end on April!

Enjoy your time off and get some sleep!!

Actually, thank you for doing this all season and it's only the last few that you've had any mistakes. It is time for less pressure and now it's time to relax.

Amsterdam now on schedule for 1630.

Being the only cruise ship in port, they could have left that nice close up of her instead of the usual 3 pm wide angle view.

Thank you, I knew they'd announce a new time when I left the room for a few minutes. They didn't let people on until just before noon.

They've had the close-up half of the day, the rest panning.

Maybe they'll return to it a closeup soon.