Must brings, 2.0

brd1121

Twice as much money and half as many clothes.

Now for a serious answer, over the counter and Rx meds.

I DON'T bring a bungee, tea lights, power strip, highlighters, pop up laundry basket and have not needed them yet.

I DO bring a mini mag light, multi (USB and standard) plug in charger, pen, and post it notes. The only thing I have not used (luckily) is the mini flashlight but I keep it in my standard land/sea travel bag.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Tea light, small flashlight, travel hair dryer, pop up laundry basket, small binoculars, extension cord with 3 plug ins (mainly because some plugs are recessed which means it's impossible to plug in most chargers). Other than that, the usual toiletries, etc.

Edited by BND

I don't bring ANY of those things....yikes! Never needed them! It's amazing what you can do without for 1 week. Except the hair dryer...full size...no "travel size"!!! Full power all the way!

Edited by cb at sea

I've never brought duct tape, bungee cords, a power strip, a tealight, or a pop up hamper. I do bring Rx meds and enough OTCs to handle most minor issues, tide sink packets, a little folding clock, and Shout wipes. I have very short hair so the wimpy stateroom blow dryer is enough for me, but if my hair was longer I'd bring my own dryer.

Agree with the "less clothes / more money" comment 100%.

I'll add a couple of items for you to consider - since we like to have a little music sometimes in our room or balcony I'll bring my small iPod / phone and a plug in speaker. They have some pretty good travel speakers that are the size of a pillbox and are extremely cheap. Finally, if we have a balcony I always have a small set of travel binoculars that I keep out on the table.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Don't know where you get your info but on 15 cruises I've never needed anything you listed. Bring money, your paperwork, and 2 swimsuits
:D

Why would one take bungee cords, and what the heck is a "tea light"?:rolleyes: We charge lots of things and have never had the need for a power strip so that many items could be plugged in at once......

The day I start hauling "over the door shoe holders" and "pop up laundry baskets" on vacation, please just shoot me.......:)

Personally, I don't travel anywhere without a GOOD quality flashlight. And love having binoculars on our balcony.

Edited by bouhunter

:D

Why would one take bungee cords, and what the heck is a "tea light"?:rolleyes: We charge lots of things and have never had the need for a power strip so that many items could be plugged in at once......

The day I start hauling "over the door shoe holders" and "pop up laundry baskets" on vacation, please just shoot me.......:)

Personally, I don't travel anywhere without a GOOD quality flashlight. And love having binoculars on our balcony.

Tea light (google is also your friend) is a small led battery powered candle which we use as a night light in the bathroom. It takes up zero space.

The reason I bring an extension cord is as I said above, SOME ships have recessed plugs which means you CANNOT plug in most chargers as they are too large to fit into the recess. The pop up laundry basket is mesh and takes up no space in luggage either.

You don't have to carry it, so get over it.

Edited by BND

I've never really seen a need for a pop-up laundry basket. We just put our dirty clothes back in the suitcase when we are done with them. Makes for less packing at the end of the cruise.

I had never thought if the tea lights but am going to pick a package of them up at the dollar store. Great idea.

Since we are in an inside stateroom and space is limited, we are also picking up some large magnetic clips. The walls are metal and these will come in handy for hanging the daily compass and our sea passes on.

Experience has me bringing blister packs (or whatever they are called). On the first day of one cruise I developed such an awful blister and, of course, I didn't have anything for it. I don't leave home without them now (even during summer camping trips).

No matter what you bring, the most important thing to bring, as one person stated, is a positive attitude. We live in the frigid north (Michigan) so for us cruising is always a positive for us. We've forgotten things that we thought were "essentials"

Edited by MSUSpartan

Oops, I hit "send" too soon. We've found that there are many things that we thought were "essentials" that really weren't. As long as you have your passports, paper work, clothes (definitely "essentials"), meds, swimsuit, and a smile, you will be fine. We leave on the Legend in 2 weeks. Just got off the Oasis first of February. Needless to say we are so ready to go again. It's been the coldest month up,here in ages so we are looking forward to the HOT sun, sand and beach.

I've gotta ask...Why on earth do you need a bungee cord?!

Some cruise ship balcony doors will automatically close unless you can tie them open with a bungee cord.

Edited by stones902

We like to bring a small rechargeable Bluetooth speaker to play our "cruise music" playlist while we get ready for dinner. Also a twist to expand bottle stopper. It will keep the bubbles in a bottle of Champagne for a couple days.

Some cruise ship balcony doors will automatically close unless you can tie them open with a bungee cord.

RCI has sliding doors (I'm pretty sure on all ships-I know the ones we've been on have them).

We just got off Carnival last week and we had a door that opened out, but never felt the need to keep the door open.

Edited by BND

RCI has sliding doors (I'm pretty sure on all ships-I know the ones we've been on have them).

We just got off Carnival last week and we had a door that opened out, but never felt the need to keep the door open.

True, the RCI ships / rooms that I have been in all had the sliding type doors. We were in a Celebrity Suite on the Constellation (Celebrity Cruise Line) and that had the type of door that would automatically slam when you released it. It would have been nice to prop the door open when we were in port esp in one of the nicer accommodations on the ship.

I'm solidly on the side of "don't bother with all this stuff". Aside from clothing, toiletries, paperwork and money, the ship will provide everything you need. Your cabin isn't going to be large, so don't clutter it up with all these non-essentials.

Tea lights have been discussed. Absolutely don't bring real candles. If you want to bring candles, make them the battery powered type. Another option is glow sticks; by themselves they're perfect for kids to take to bed with them -- and just enough light to make it to the rest room in the night -- pop them into a glass of water and they put off more light.

The need to double or triple your outlets is vastly overrated. Why would you need to charge EVERYTHING at the same time?

I have long hair, and the provided hair dryer is fine for me.

Duct tape, flashlight, bungee -- I've not found any need for them yet.