When do you usually pay the final payment?

Jetswdo

I usually pay in full 1 week before final due date. I'm just curious if any one does anything different, and why. I always pick up great tips from others on cruise critic, especially on Celebrity board---- My final payment day for Bermuda Summit is April 8- so I circled on calendar to pay it in full on April 1----

As to why I pay it 1 week earlier, I think someone on cruise critic years ago said the same thing and whatever that person said, it made sense to me.

I usually pay in full 1 week before final due date. I'm just curious if any one does anything different, and why. I always pick up great tips from others on cruise critic, especially on Celebrity board---- My final payment day for Bermuda Summit is April 8- so I circled on calendar to pay it in full on April 1----

As to why I pay it 1 week earlier, I think someone on cruise critic years ago said the same thing and whatever that person said, it made sense to me.

We pay right before the due date, we are going May 31. We put the entire cruise on a credit card with affinity points and this time it was timed such that we won't have to actually pay the bill until first week in May due to the billing periods. Cruise will be paid in full as well as the credit card at that time.

Well, if you don't have a TA (which we don't) you just have to make sure you remember to pay it on time. Whenever I book a cruise, I mark the final payment on the calendar, and set a reminder in Outlook. Also -- especially if you wait until the last day, be sure to have the reps at X send you an updated invoice, showing that your final payment has been made. :cool:

Well we usually wait until about one or two days ahead of time - I often just submit it thru the online website. We are going on a cruise in May and about 5 days ahead of final payment there was the President's day sale - since I had not paid at that point, I got another several hundred dollars off BUT if I had paid, do you think it would have been adjusted? I do now submit payment about 2 days ahead of time and for this cruise, it took more than that for X accounting to straighten out my billing statement.

We were due to pay today for our May 31st cruise. Paid the beginning of February because house tax due Feb. Payroll tax due end of March, Sales tax due 20th March Corp tax due March 15th and 1040 due April. This way I paid in full the one bill that really mattered to us. It freed me up to due the others:(

One more to go and then I'm freed up to go cruising !:D WHEW!!!

When we are going directly through Celebrity, we usually pay a week or so ahead of time. I am not a big risk taker so I want to make sure there are absolutely no problems! I think price drops, etc., can be adjusted prior to the actual payment due date whether you have already paid or not. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong please?

When we are going directly through Celebrity, we usually pay a week or so ahead of time. I am not a big risk taker so I want to make sure there are absolutely no problems! I think price drops, etc., can be adjusted prior to the actual payment due date whether you have already paid or not. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong please?

Although I've not personally experienced that situation, I've always heard the same -- the cutoff for "good deals" is the date final payment is DUE (regardless of when you actually made your final payment). :)

Although I've not personally experienced that situation, I've always heard the same -- the cutoff for "good deals" is the date final payment is DUE (regardless of when you actually made your final payment). :)

True.

That being said, I always like to do final payments at least a few days out to make sure everything is all correct (and there are no credit card issues, etc.)

I don't have to worry about when I make final payment. The two online TAs I use both automatically charge my credit card one week before the cruise line's final date. I'm sure they do that so that if there is a problem with the credit card, you have an opportunity to fix it before the drop dead deadline.

Our TA sends us a reminder to pay about one week before the actual final pay date. We also have her "due date" in our calendars, on post-it notes, and sometimes other places. Don't want to miss it!

We are often on road trips or other cruises when a final payment is due. She is usually aware of these other trips and will make adjustments as necessary to make sure we don't miss a final payment date. BTW, over all these years, her assistance and advice has been very valuable!

The 1 week ahead, was to allow time to fix any screw ups-- and that up until the actuall due date, you can still take advantage of any sale or something, even if you already paid. I've never had a price drop deal during the week before final payment, so it just worked out ok. Thanks for all the responses!

We always book our cruises one year out, and I pay the full amount 6 months out, just so that I don't have more than one large amount looming on the horizon. I used to wait until the last minute to make the full payment, so that we could take advantage of price drops, but our TA gives us on-board credit for any price drops after final payment. I like getting payments out of the way early.

Michael