Royal not won't honor web site price

t18c97

This weekend I was checking the RCCL web site for a December cruise to see if the latest sale and saw that we could get a JS for only a few hundred dollars more the our existing cabin, this was on Sunday. I noticed that one of the discounts was a resident discount but there were notices of having to be from any particular state, plus I was logged in so the site knew what state I resided in. I contacted my TA asking her to get us the upgrade, when she contacted RCCL she was told it was a web site error and they would not honor the pricing. She asked to talk to a supervisor but again told they would not honor it.

Now I can understand if it was one of those errors where it was up for a short period of time but this has been there for over 24 hours and just checked and still incorrect. Sorry but IMHO RCCL should honor their mistake. This isn't like the $1.00 air fare error, we'd still have to pay over $300 for this change. Coming from Disney Cruise Line so far not impressed with RCCL's customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This weekend I was checking the RCCL web site for a December cruise to see if the latest sale and saw that we could get a JS for only a few hundred dollars more the our existing cabin, this was on Sunday. I noticed that one of the discounts was a resident discount but there were notices of having to be from any particular state, plus I was logged in so the site knew what state I resided in. I contacted my TA asking her to get us the upgrade, when she contacted RCCL she was told it was a web site error and they would not honor the pricing. She asked to talk to a supervisor but again told they would not honor it.

Now I can understand if it was one of those errors where it was up for a short period of time but this has been there for over 24 hours and just checked and still incorrect. Sorry but IMHO RCCL should honor their mistake. This isn't like the $1.00 air fare error, we'd still have to pay over $300 for this change. Coming from Disney Cruise Line so far not impressed with RCCL's customer service.

Just book it online and cancel your existing

Amazes when people complain about a pricing mistake not being honored, and not just for cruises. Once an error is noted it's no longer a mistake, it's just time to move on and be happy you have the means and health to enjoy a great time cruising.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Your post is not clear.

Is there a residency-based rate?

Is your state included as one of the eligible states?

Great idea!!

I have done the cancel and re-book on multiple occasions. However, it would be interesting if the "web booking" would honor the price or default to something else.

Travel agent says not a good idea. The fare breakdown has a line item for resident discount with an * next to it. But nowhere in the pricing does it say you need to be a resident of a specific state. Plus I was logged into the site so when you get to the passenger info the site knows what state I live in and shows that. Travel agent said when she talked to RCCL they said if we tried that when we got to the port they would ask for proof of residing in this unknown state and if we didn't have it would have to pay the name no discounted price.

Your post is not clear.

Is there a residency-based rate?

Is your state included as one of the eligible states?

The fare breakdown says resident discount but nowhere does the site say what state you need to reside in and it knows what state I live in since I entered it in the passenger info. Travel agent agrees the site doesn't show this and when she called RCCL they did say it was a technical error but they would not honor the listed price.

The fare breakdown says resident discount but nowhere does the site say what state you need to reside in and it knows what state I live in since I entered it in the passenger info. Travel agent agrees the site doesn't show this and when she called RCCL they did say it was a technical error but they would not honor the listed price.

The site knows your address in one place but it does not know when you are pricing/booking a cruise unless you enter that information in the "exclusive savings" field.

Amazes when people complain about a pricing mistake not being honored, and not just for cruises. Once an error is noted it's no longer a mistake, it's just time to move on and be happy you have the means and health to enjoy a great time cruising.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Once the error is noted where? I first saw this yesterday, my TA contacted RCCL 10 hours ago about this and the problem is still there.

Now if this was one of those errors like airlines have where you get a fare that you know flat out is incorrect, like round trip to Europe in business class for $400 you know it's a mess up. This isn't anything like that, we're talking a fare of over $3,300, in fact the difference between what I was going to pay to upgrade from my existing fare to the new one, is only about $240 less the the error price according to the rep RCCL talked to. IMHO RCCL messed up and they should honor their mess up.

The site knows your address in one place but it does not know when you are pricing/booking a cruise unless you enter that information in the "exclusive savings" field.

I went though the booking process up to the point of wanting my credit card info and never say that field.

You try, pick the 12/4/16 western from Port Canaveral on the Oasis and select a junior suite and tell me if you get that field and if it shows any resident requirement, just that it's special pricing.

Can you tell us the ship, sailing date and state you are putting in so we can try to look at the rate you are seeing?

See prior response for details. Pricing I get is $2,916+$223.08=$3,139.08. When TA called RCCL she was told the correct price is $3,804.

See prior response for details. Pricing I get is $2,916+$223.08=$3,139.08. When TA called RCCL she was told the correct price is $3,804.

I'm seeing $3,139.08 without being logged in or putting in my state.

I am seeing that rate too. I checked the Going, Going, Gone Sale and that cruise is not on the list, so it is not a price that is marked residency and really a GGG sale rate that are typically for new bookings only. I also tried to get the rate to change by changing states, I tried Texas, Florida and Massachusetts, they all got the same price. Have you asked your TA to call again and ask for a supervisor or the resolutions department?

I'm seeing the rate of $2916.00 + 139.08 also. Maybe you could call Royal and get a quote from them over the phone just to see what they give you for a price.

I am seeing that rate too. I checked the Going, Going, Gone Sale and that cruise is not on the list, so it is not a price that is marked residency and really a GGG sale rate that are typically for new bookings only. I also tried to get the rate to change by changing states, I tried Texas, Florida and Massachusetts, they all got the same price. Have you asked your TA to call again and ask for a supervisor or the resolutions department?

She said she talked to a supervisor and they wouldn't budge.

I am getting a better price and it's for a suite guarantee! $2833 total for 2 with all taxes and fees. Book it online before they take it down.

Pricing Summary

Passenger

Cruise Fare

Taxes/Fees

Insurance

Total

Pax #1

$1,238.00

$111.54

$0.00

$1,349.54

Pax #2

$1,372.00

$111.54

$0.00

$1,483.54

Subtotal:

$2,610.00

$223.08

$0.00

$2,833.08

Prices are quoted in USD (United States Dollars)**

TOTAL DUE:

$2,833.08

Thanks to all for checking. I've sent a note to my TA to see if I can call in directly about this, or do I need to go through her? Used to Disney where if you have a TA on the reservation you can't talk to them about changes. Besides calling the number on the web site anyone have a number for customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

this is happening on several sailings. I just upgraded to the Royal Family Suite from a Grand Suite on the Oct 31 Freedom sailing and there was a different price on my ta site and royal.

I also see it on the Oasis 12/18 sailing I am looking at. When it shows on the Royal website it will have the lower price, but when you go all the way through it takes off the resident discount when finalizing the booking.

My TA was able to see the lower price on his website and honored it for the Freedom sailing.

You can always screenshot everything and email micheal bayley and someone in his office will review it.