British Isles cruise 8/8-8/20

BBMacLaird

Sorry to say I hope you have packed wet weather clothes, Edinburgh is going to be very wet this weekend particularly Sunday (it's very wet just now as well :() at least anyone getting out of town, the waterfalls will look great

Edited by uktog

But have a great trip/fun time, Bonnie!

I'm doing a British Isles cruise--albeit with Celebrity--that gets to some of the same ports next June/July... If you blog, you can be sure that I'll be reading it...

Bonnie: Enjoy your cruise. Are you on the August 20th cruise too? If so, I would love to meet you. Your postings provide good info. Thanks for finding and posting some of the docking locations for the Aug. 20th cruise. If you can, please ask the staff on the Journey where we will dock in other ports. Still trying to find info on the following ports.

St. Jean du Luz

Bilbao

Oporto

Lisbon

Yes, I've packed raincoat, umbrella, boots and hat!

We just arrived in Dusseldorf. It's gray but not rainy here.

Bonnie, we had a mixed bag weather-wise on the Journey in May but we still managed to have a fun cruise and I know you will too. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Bonnie, you're over the Ocean. Sorry you've probably heard that before.

Anyway. Have a great trip on the finest vessel that have ever sailed the seven seas.

Edited by oddjob16

Bonnie

Hope you have a great time and that you have the good luck to be in a suite.

Either way perhaps you could find out first hand what the difference between "room service" and "24 hour white linen service from restaurant menus" is and post your answer as i have been asking since January for clarification.

Enjoy the best crews in Azamara.

You can guess I am a "Journey" man.

Hi all,

the Journey is crossing the North Sea today. It is quite a crossing...we are all earning our sea legs badge today. Everyone onboard is wonderful. I attended the CC gathering last night and met some of you who I recognize by screen-name :)

This morning I attended the lecture on the history of Scotland, and this afternoon I attended an iPad class by Marcio and learned some new tricks.

I'll write more tomorrow from land, when I find free wifi (hopefully I will).

Bonnie

Hi all,

the Journey is crossing the North Sea today. It is quite a crossing...we are all earning our sea legs badge today. Everyone onboard is wonderful. I attended the CC gathering last night and met some of you who I recognize by screen-name :)

This morning I attended the lecture on the history of Scotland, and this afternoon I attended an iPad class by Marcio and learned some new tricks.

Bonnie

Marco is the best at that!

You will get free wifi in Ocean Terminal shopping mall right beside where you dock. The restaurant area is open until around 2200. If you have no other plans on what is going to be a wild windy wet day (some folks brought Bertha with them) do go and get a real glimpse of British royalty and a quick step back in time at Royal Yacht Britannia which you also access from Ocean Terminal

We hope to come and see you dock tomorrow can't let our home away from home be in our home without a visit!

Hi all,

Bonnie

I believe Marcio is also the on board DJ. If it is the same guy he will have you up and dancing in the Looking Glass until the early hours.

Have fun

Marco is the best at that!

You will get free wifi in Ocean Terminal shopping mall right beside where you dock. The restaurant area is open until around 2200. If you have no other plans on what is going to be a wild windy wet day (some folks brought Bertha with them) do go and get a real glimpse of British royalty and a quick step back in time at Royal Yacht Britannia which you also access from Ocean Terminal

We hope to come and see you dock tomorrow can't let our home away from home be in our home without a visit!

Hi UKTOG, thanks for the tip on where I'll find free wifi. We dock in about 4 hours. I hope to meet you. I hear the UK MD will be meeting the ship as well :)

Note to all, the seas calmed down last night around 6, just in time for dinner and a good sleep. Now it's like a lake.

I attended another good lecture this morning...on Walking the Royal Mile by Dr. Richardson.

Bonnie

We did not see Bonnie (will wave to you as you sail out tomorrow as hope to be down in Leith then)

Amusing aside I am not sure if Bonnie heard, there was a lovely female piper on shore being filmed by a TV company as she welcomed Journey in. After a traditional Scottish air, she started playing "Im singing in the rain" - never heard that on the pipes before but hopefully shows everyone we Scots have a sense of humour

Edited by uktog

We did not see Bonnie (will wave to you as you sail out tomorrow as hope to be down in Leith then)

My Bonnie lies over the ocean

My Bonnie lies over the sea ...

(Would love to see/hear "Singing in the Rain" played on the pipes!)

Yes it's true, the Journey is staying alongside due to weather. Peter & I are at the Ocean Vue mall, looking at the Journey. We are ckg email and doing a wee bit of posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How ironic, I was there at exactly that time meeting up again with Gitte and others as they were filling in their time enjoying Britannia. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip out - Jenny is well known, I come from Fife and knew here family. I am sure she would give you a really good insight into Scottish life and the delights of our cooking