What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

I have been trying to sort something out re our forthcoming cruise and was also hoping for some clarity on one of the benefits - never mind, by the time we get answers, our ships will have sailed.

I am not sure if this is the message you get elsewhere but this is the current acknowledgement message in the UK

Thank you for contacting our Captains Club team, this is an automated confirmation that your email has been received. We are reviewing your comments and one of our team will contact you in due course. We aim for this to be within 21 days, but it may take slightly longer during our peak season.

Uktog, try this address and in the subject line put attn: Clara Rodriguez, Corporate Guest Relations. I spotted an error on the Azamara website and alerted them to it via the standard website "contact us" link. Ms. Rodriguez wrote back a personal note. Perhaps she can answer your queries. Mind you, you will get that automated message answer first, but she'll follow up very quickly. AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com

Mr. Pimentel is on twitter most days....You would think either he or some one from AZ could take a few minutes to read these boards every few days.

Kathy

I was in communication with Mr. Pimental yesterday on Twitter and made him aware of the comments on this thread. He monitors the site and will organise a Q&A with us on Cruise Critic if people would like it. He is very approachable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in communication with Mr. Pimental yesterday on Twitter and made him aware of the comments on this thread. He monitors the site and will organise a Q&A with us on Cruise Critic if people would like it. He is very approachable.

I think that would be great...where and when?

Kathy

I think all the Q's are here on this thread. All we need from Azamara are the A's.

Mr. Pimentel is on twitter most days....You would think either he or some one from AZ could take a few minutes to read these boards every few days.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I'm unsure if Mr Pimentel is onboard Quest right now, or Tweeting from elsewhere. I certainly believe that Azamara is watching this forum. Why they arent posting, advising us if & when someone is taking over* for Bill, is odd. Even if they do not have someone yet, or that person isnt ready, it would be appreciated if they posted every once in a while, with an occasional update.

*Note that I didnt use the word replace, when we talk about our dearly missed friend, as Bill is irreplaceable !

Edited by Host Andy

• 2 weeks later...

In 2009, we took our first Azamara cruise and thought it good but certainly not the level of Oceania. This was before Azamara rebranded and became almost All Inclusive. Last year, I called Azamara and discovered that we had 2 points accumulated in the loyalty program for that cruise taken in 2009. Liking the benefits of their program, we booked a Christmas cruise as well as a b2b to be taken in April. These cruises were booked in June/July of 2013. By my calculations and those of our TA, we would qualify for extended benefits on the second cruise of the b2b because we would have 5 points. Imagine my surprise when I called Azamara yesterday to find out that this is not the case. The cruise we took on the Quest at Christmas was not part of the old program but calculated as part of the new program...instead of getting 1 point under the old program we were awarded 24 points under the new program. This has impacted our b2b second leg cruise in that we will not be getting the free laundry, the extra internet minutes and other inclusions. Never was there any mention of this when we talked to the Ambassador onboard and we even questioned her on the loyalty program when we made yet another booking for 2015. Needless to say, we are most disappointed with Azamara as they have not been upfront with their passengers or travel agents who sell their product. Our travel agent knew nothing of this until I told him. I was told by the Azamara agent that she would call me after she had talked to Marketing but I doubt that will happen....I am still waiting!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 weeks later...
I am a RCCL Diamond, what are the Discoverer benefits?

You will have to call Celebrity and have a Captains Club account open for you. Azamara works off the Celebrity Captains Club. Give Azamara the Captains Club number.

If you are Diamond you will be Elite on Celebrity and Explorer on Azamara.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read back over this long thread, but seem to remember that the announcement of the new benefits for the Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum was to coincide with Azamara Club Cruises fourth birthday. Anyone know when that will be? Bonnie, do you have any news on this one? It's gone a bit quiet. Just interested to know with my three upcoming cruises.

Phil

I haven't read back over this long thread, but seem to remember that the announcement of the new benefits for the Discoverer Plus and Discoverer Platinum was to coincide with Azamara Club Cruises fourth birthday. Anyone know when that will be? Bonnie, do you have any news on this one? It's gone a bit quiet. Just interested to know with my three upcoming cruises.

Phil

I do not know anything about the birthday but they did say that the announcement was to be made in April

Phil

Well then they're late!!!! Or can't keep their dates straight. This is cut-and-pasted from the Azamara Destination Immersion blog on the Azamara website. As follows.

Company Profile

By Azamara Club Cruises on Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Founded in 2007 and then re-launched as Azamara Club Cruises in 2009, the cruise line caters to discerning, up-market travelers who love cruising and are interested in new and immersive ways to see the world. The cruise line’s two European boutique-style, 694-guest ships – Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest – each offer a sophisticated, yet relaxing ambiance to unique destinations, delivered uniquely.

Deirdre, I did a bit of digging on the boards here and I will be fair to Azamara and say that whilst the announcement of Azamara Club Cruises inception was made in December 2009 it's D-Day so to speak seems to be April 2010. Not sure what actual day in April though. I couldn't find that. I still haven't received the original email regarding the changes. This was to happen in January and received by some, but not me. No UK brochure either. I think my name has slipped off into the waste paper basket;)

Phil

Found it. It does say "around":

Good afternoon everyone! Here's some information about Le Club Voyage from Signe, Azamara's Director of Global Marketing:

Dear Cruise Critic and Le Club Voyage Members,

I am not sure if you are aware, but Bill Leiber has taken ill again, and is not available right now to respond on Cruise Critic. So until he is back and ready to review and respond to your comments, we - the Azamara team and Andy, our Cruise Critic Host - will follow the Azamara threads and respond as needed.

As for the changes in Le Club Voyage, I can provide you with the following update: As you are all very familiar with the RCCL family of cruise lines, many of you realize that we (Azamara Club Cruises) are tied to Celebrity's Captain's Club program and their loyalty tier structure, so some changes have taken place as to how your records are being calculated. As some of the members on this thread has indicated, we have therefore also re-structured the loyalty program to the points by day system rather than the credits by voyage. We are in the process of creating the communication to all club members as we speak, and it will be arriving in your email inboxes in mid-January. That email will tell you what level you are in the new hierarchy, as well as how many points you will have in the new program. If you are sailing between now and the time you receive that email, the ships staff will have the new information.

In the meantime, below is a summary of the changes that have been made:

Stateroom Category — Points per Day

Club Interior & Club Oceanview — 2

Club Veranda — 3

Club Continent Suites — 8

Club Ocean and Club World Owner Suites — 18

Membership Level — Points Needed

Adventurer (after 1st voyage) — Up to 149

Explorer — 150 – 309

Discoverer — 310 – 749

Discoverer Plus — 750 – 2,999

Discoverer Platinum — 3,000 Plus

At this point, the benefits of the program - including the reciprocity between Royal and Celebrity - will stay the same for Le Club Voyage. The 3 Discoverer tiers in terms of benefits will continue to be handled as the current Discoverer level. However, we are working on changes to the benefits, we are currently planning to launch these in the 2nd quarter of 2014 - around Azamara Club Cruises 4th anniversary!

We wish you a continued wonderful Holiday Season, and all the best for 2014.

Kind regards,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

Phil

Phil, I can do some digging too. :D:D:D Press release dated December 2009. I bet you did not know that Azamara celebrates her birthday the same as the Queen of England, did you? One in April and June? Though in Azamara's case, one in December and one in April. Here's the link and here are some excerpts pertinent to this thread. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/azamara-cruises-becomes-azamara-club-cruises-78771547.html

Excerpts:

MIAMI, Dec. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Azamara Cruises - the two-ship brand launched in 2007 with the 694-guest Azamara Journey and sister ship Azamara Quest - today became "Azamara Club Cruises," with a newly refined focus, and a series of new attributes designed for upmarket, experienced travelers.

"This isn't a strategy of going 'from good to great'," said Azamara Club Cruises President & CEO Larry Pimentel. "This is about taking an already great product and making it exceptional."

Tapped to take the helm of Azamara Cruises in July of this year, Pimentel spent several weeks talking with travel agents, past guests and press to determine how to make his great-to-exceptional goal a reality. He also tapped a small new team focused 100 percent on Azamara, including VP of Sales & Marketing Edie Bornstein, AVP of Hotel Operations Bert Van Middendorp, Director of Marketing Signe Bjorndal, Director of National Accounts Michelle Nevin, and an eight-member field sales team dedicated solely to Azamara.

Together, Pimentel and team shaped the new Azamara Club Cruises, whose most distinguishing new attributes will be in effect by April 2010.

Last paragraph of Dec. '09 press release states

Cruisers who can't get enough of Azamara will be invited to join the line's new loyalty program, "Le Club Voyage," with specific features and benefits yet to be announced.

OK, let's cut Azamara some slack. The announcement is supposed to be made in the second quarter of 2014. Today, April 2, is only the second day of the second quarter. If they'd made the announcement yesterday, someone on this board would not have been happy with the perks and posted here that it was a joke.

I, for one, promise to be happy with whatever is added for Discoverer Plus. I doubt I'll live long enough (or sail in posh enough suites) to reach a higher level.

OK, let's cut Azamara some slack. The announcement is supposed to be made in the second quarter of 2014. Today, April 2, is only the second day of the second quarter. If they'd made the announcement yesterday, someone on this board would not have been happy with the perks and posted here that it was a joke.

I, for one, promise to be happy with whatever is added for Discoverer Plus. I doubt I'll live long enough (or sail in posh enough suites) to reach a higher level.

Given the new points system it's unlikely I will ever leave explorer level.

or

If I do achieve the next rung on the loyalty ladder it's unlikely I will be in any fit state to care about perks:eek:

Hi tgg. I'd like to think I am always fair and I've been that way on the thread here so far, but it's always nice to know what's going on and let's face it. Cruise Critic is a great place to find out what's going on! Always good to find out what's going on. OK. I admit it. I'm totally selfless. I'm looking forward to whatever perks there are for Discover Plus. If it's an extra bottle of wine and three more stems in my in cabin flower arrangement that's just fine. If it buys me another visit to Aqualina or Prime C, that's good too. It would be nice to know when my life change is going to happen though;). I've just got way too much time on my hands to worry about this stuff at the moment:)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

We are looking at a cruise next winter on Journey and noticed this topic.

I have read through this whole thread. It was interesting reading. I too now wait to learn the details of ACC's revamping LCV program.

Suspense! Ain't it wonderful?

So its a second half of April announcement.....................or later

I expressed my significant disappointment about how the Le Club Voyage changes were rolled out--or not rolled out--to both the Hotel Director and LCV Hostess/Future Cruise Sales Rep while aboard Journey in Asia during February [sorry to have missed you on the cancelled 3 March sailing]...

They shared my comments with Miami and I did receive a response from Head Office which didn't say much--other than to apologize for my perceived upset [it wasn't upset; it was my disappointment for the inexcusable delay and my perception of disrespect shown to guests sailing during the interim period (it still drives me crazy that they're using the new loyalty accounting scheme but have yet to improve benefits for those who have supposedly achieved a higher tier)]--but did reiterate that the changes would be unveiled this month...

As I've noted here before, it's been like waiting for Godot! My next Azamara cruises are not scheduled until February 2015... I sure hope, from my own perspective and from the perspective of others who are similarly situated, that it's resolved long before then... This has gone on way too long and it's surely not the case that Azamara didn't know that the Celebrity changes were imminent many months--if not at least a year--before they were rolled out...

• 2 weeks later...