Dawn - Live 11/27

TheDougOut

Is there a back story to the district brewhouse posters? I know all about home from your last review so were these gifted to you by NCL?

Ha! No, not a gift.

The videos were simply a technology challenge for myself. I wanted to see how good I could get them to look with little experience to get started. I wasn't even sure they'd get used, but in the end Sue said she'd kick my arse if I didn't. She's tougher than she looks.

The problem I had with two schmucks carrying on a mic'd conversation is that's it's rather stale. So I tried to add some underlying activity by making the room more bar-like and introducing an ambient bar noise audio track.

The DBH posters were canvas deals on groupon. The right one was from a photograph, and the left one I designed to mimic the appearance of the aged photo booth in the DBH.

The address on the left poster, only visible in the B&W camera on Sue, contains a fictitious address. But everything is intentional.

375a9259948022ca36ae7d5868e9d0a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's amazing! I am so excited for my cruise, thanks to you last time I started at your "home". Not sure where I'll start this time. I'm Going to the gospel brunch with some family members who are doing a land only vacation so I'll be getting on a bit later. Did you post the dallies? I'm sure you're busy so no rush, just not sure if I missed them. I'm thinking of trying to set up a last minute M&G since the thread is finally active with last minute deal seekers.

I just want to say thank you to you and Sue!! You have such an enjoyable way to share your journey with us. Your efforts and creativity are truly appreciated.

Now, to be totally selfish, when is your next adventure and will you promise to include us?

Happy Holidays and thanks again.!

Doug! We took advantage of an upsell offer for the cruise that leaves this Sunday... and guess what? We'll be in your stateroom! So crazy. It was one of the three SD suites left, and knowing how great your balcony was, I picked that one!

Never been in a suite before..:D. I'm so excited to see what it's all about. Thanks again for your awesome review. Because of it, I am even more ready to get on board!

Thanks Doug and Sue! It was a blast following along on the ride. We would read each days installments after dinner - dreaming of our next adventures while living through yours!

My husband has a question - do you work in Radio? If not, you have a great voice for it!

Thanks for taking us all along, it was awesome! I have wanted to leave from New Orleans the last few years but haven't been able to convince my husband - seems like you lose a day in the colder weather. Did you find that?

Anyway, welcome back, thanks for the memories and looking forward to what's next :D

I have wanted to leave from New Orleans the last few years but haven't been able to convince my husband - seems like you lose a day in the colder weather. Did you find that

Personally, New Orleans was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I had never been and Doug was really excited for me to experience it. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical because I am not a party girl (I don't know if that was well portrayed in the thread) and I didn't set my expectations too high. It was a fantastic experience; the history, the music, the people, the food, all were over the top and I would absolutely love to go back whatever the weather.

In the words of my daughter, "It's like Disney World only ten times better!"

Glad you loved New Orleans Sue! I love it too and I'm excited that even though I'm cruising solo I have some family pre cruise to explore with.

Also glad you made so many appearances in this thread. Not sure Doug intentionally did this but showing lots of pictures of you and all your gorgeous outfits I think expanded the audience. It was on par with the clothing shops of the fashionista poster herself!

Personally, New Orleans was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I had never been and Doug was really excited for me to experience it. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical because I am not a party girl (I don't know if that was well portrayed in the thread) and I didn't set my expectations too high. It was a fantastic experience; the history, the music, the people, the food, all were over the top and I would absolutely love to go back whatever the weather.

In the words of my daughter, "It's like Disney World only ten times better!"

Thanks Sue! It sounds amazing! Going to keep trying :)

Will be on my ship on 12/11. I wish now that I had booked a suite. Most of my other cruises were in suites and loved it and thought I would try something new...:(

Love following along with you, will have to show this to my husband who will be on his first cruise in about 2 weeks. Finally talked him into it.

Thanks for your photos and vids and all you are doing.

I called earlier this week and at that time they had suites without a balcony for $200 per person upgrade fee (from a balcony cabin) could be more from an inside.

Hi everyone, Dear wife and I are sailing with the Dawn in late January and wondering if their are any fresh ground single serve coffee machines anywhere on the Dawn. We sailed the Pearl last year and found one at a service area just before the aft on starboard side on the lido deck. Anyone have knowledge of a coffee machine on the Dawn anywhere? thanks for any info Jim & Brenda