To Celebrity - PLEASE move X ship for entire year to new Bayonne port!!!

cruza

Celebrity - PLEASE station Celebrity ship for entire year in Bayonne!!!

Giving European situation and continuous demand for cruises from Northeast US and Canada, it would be great to have Celebrity ship stationed in NY Metro Area yearround. We have new terminal now built in Port Liberty (Bayonne NJ).

I believe lots of CC population will support this request :)

Thanks,

Mike

I have been asking for this since 2007. When the home ported Silhouette there upon her arrival to the US in November 2011 we were so happy and sailed on her March 17, 2012. Unfortunately they took her away and that was the only time I can remember Celebrity winter cruises out of Bayonne.

That's one reason that we have now been on 3 RCCL cruises out of Bayonne. Explorer, Liberty and Anthem. 2 of those cruises were in March and the other the end of October.

I guess maybe that's what RCI Corp. wants and the reason they don't keep a Celebrity ship here all year long.

Giving European situation and continuous demand for cruises from Northeast US and Canada, it would be great to have Celebrity ship stationed in NY Metro Area yearround. We have new terminal now built in Port Liberty (Bayonne NJ).

Thanks,

They could give it a try and see what happens. My guess is that they've looked at the potential numbers.

Edited by Orator

I would love to have a ship in Bayonne all year. I would never sail Breakaway

again unless it was in a Haven suite. Breakaway can't handle the crowds and

I hated needing to make reservations in advance of sailing for shows and dinner.

Plus the cost of parking in Manhattan.

Sailed Summit from Bayonne so much nicer.

Elaine

Thanks,

Mike

Got my vote! All the way from Boston.

Would love to see it but one of the problems is that when they put the Reflection in Bayonne, it did not do well. Maybe with the new terminal it might help but there is also major competition year round with Breakaway.

it was Silhouette, not a Reflection, and we sailed on her in December,2011 - was great!

I have been asking for this since 2007. When the home ported Silhouette there upon her arrival to the US in November 2011 we were so happy and sailed on her March 17, 2012. Unfortunately they took her away and that was the only time I can remember Celebrity winter cruises out of Bayonne.

That's one reason that we have now been on 3 RCCL cruises out of Bayonne. Explorer, Liberty and Anthem. 2 of those cruises were in March and the other the end of October.

I guess maybe that's what RCI Corp. wants and the reason they don't keep a Celebrity ship here all year long.

If RC has only 1 ship, they can demand high pricing. Most Anthem sailings ( with all problems they had) are sold out and at high prices.

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

The North East, though loaded with people still does not fill every room of these ships. Many people fly from out of town with plans of seeing the city and enjoying all it has to offer.

Unfortunately one badly timed snow storm can have a terrible effect.

Or choosing to sail through a storm can have a terrible effect.

I live locally and the poor Anthem was headlining the News every other week in February. And when those poor passengers got off the Anthem the live coverage was really startling and it was pretty obvious that most of the people on that ship would never ever set foot on a cruise ship again, and for good reason.

I think the bad publicity and news coverage makes Royal Caribbean Int. loath to bring another billion dollar ship into the northeast for another raging winter season.

For the safety security and comfort of its passengers it doesn't seem worth the risk to bring another ship to NY or NJ.

But I would love it if they did.....

We agree. We also were lucky to have been on Silhouette out of Bayonne...it was a great ship/cruise and would be even better with the renovated port

I recall possibly coming back to snow in the parking lot and on the cars. Not sure which cruise that was....

About 10-12 years ago the Constellation had Caribbean cruises out of Bayonne. They were 11/12 day long cruises. We absolutely loved it. We would make the easy 7 hour drive, lots of parking at the cruise port (and then it was reasonably priced) and it was the only ship, so no huge crowds wondering around.

We did this cruise 2 years in a row, they were not sold out and we paid a reduced price also, both times. I remember complaints about putting up with bad weather for 2 days before we got to warmer waters and it was an older crowd because it was a longer cruise.

It was so beautiful sailing past the NYC skyline and the Statue of Liberty. There was also a beautiful bridge we sailed under.

We all know it is supply and demand. They had a hard time filling up the ship. If it was sold out they would never have cancelled that itinerary.

In a New York minute I would sail out of Bayonne again.

If RC has only 1 ship, they can demand high pricing. Most Anthem sailings ( with all problems they had) are sold out and at high prices.

True. But we have no desire to sail on any of the RC ships.

Given the opportunity to sail on a X ship out of Bayonne (preferably S-class) we would definitely be sailing more often.

The question for Celebrity would be if a 12 month ship porting in Bayonne, or any other port be the most profitable option. From reading past posts I get the impression that it wouldn't. people have reported less than full ships and good prices. There are other markets, like Asia that sustain higher prices and margins. For business its all about the bottom line.

I heard reports from Senior Officers who have worked the Bayonne routes that they report they've encounter more behavior problems on these cruises. I really have no direct knowledge about this, just have heard report and read past reviews from Summit cruisers.. I also wonder how the 12 month Caribbean cruises will work out for Celebrity. Hurricanes, more kids , rainy season might present some problems.

A 12 month schedule anywhere removes flexibility in using resources. The addition of new builds, assuming they don't sell off a number of current ships might minimize my concerns and make 12 month porting more reasonable.

Perhaps Celebrity should run a few special Winter cruises from the North, either Bayonne or Baltimore, perhaps Philly and see how it goes.

Royal is moving Rhapsody to NJ next year, so they will have 2 ships.

Would love to have X ship here as well though. Doesn't even have to always sail to Caribbean. Iceland / Greenland itinerary would be very interesting. Reykavik is actually 100 miles closer to NY than St Maarten.

I vote for a Celebrity ship full time out of Bayonne too. Not that my vote counts to Celebrity, lol!

I would double check the info that Rhapsody is sailing out of NJ summer 2017. I see summer 2017 Rhapsody itineraries out of Venice (there was a switch around JUNE 1, 2016). Vision is doing a couple CA/NE out of NJ in Sept 2017.

I vote for a Celebrity ship full time out of Bayonne too. Not that my vote counts to Celebrity, lol!

I would double check the info that Rhapsody is sailing out of NJ summer 2017. I see summer 2017 Rhapsody itineraries out of Venice (there was a switch around JUNE 1, 2016). Vision is doing a couple CA/NE out of NJ in Sept 2017.

Apologies. In April Royal made the Rhapsody out of NJ announcement. In June they switched to Vision. My big online ta still shows Rhapsody. In any event, it's a conventional alternative to Anthem.

Still would like an X ship though.

Long overdue Celebrity. RC Anthem is nice once, twice but Bayonne needs Celebrity. S class or M class year round with a mix of 7 and longer cruises. CA/NE pricing is so high on a 14 nighter and constantly sold out......lots of opportunity here .....Celebrity where are you? Vicki

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I live in NY Area and many of our friends would like to take Celebrity from Bayonne during the Winter! Now many of them are taking Norwegian with there families!

Give us a chance during the winter to fill up a Celebrity ship leaving from Bayonne!!