Benefits for Elite Plus lack

Montana

We did our first Celebrity cruise in November 2012 (actually did 3 between then and March 13 which, because we were in AQ and 2 of the three were were 14 nighters put us through classic after 2 cruises, Select for the next and then Elite by October 2013) We really didn't see much difference in our cruise reaching Elite as we always managed to get drink packages with the bookings. Other than the internet discount, I don't think we have used any of the other benefits either as Elite or Elite+ which we reached in March 15. What we have already booked means that we would need around 1200 more points to get to Zenith which we could do, dependant on health etc.

I guess that means that the loyalty system does not a lot for us although I find it difficult to see what I would add to the Captains club that would make a difference to our enjoyment of a cruise. The cruises we have booked in 2018 have premium drinks packages and free internet which cancels out the main loyalty benefits. We don't use the free laundry after our black clothing returned Grey along with the white stuff that had moved towards grey as well.

We cruise Celebrity because we like the product, not because we get loyalty points.

We cruise Celebrity because we like the product, not because we get loyalty points.

3 years ago we had this same type thread come up as the 'changes' to the CC program were announced. Which prompted the Poll. 85% of the people that voted agreed with you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845752

As this thread fades away, the topic will return in a few years, with the same members saying, gimme, gimme.

3 years ago we had this same type thread come up as the 'changes' to the CC program were announced. Which prompted the Poll. 85% of the people that voted agreed with you.

As this thread fades away, the topic will return in a few years, with the same members saying, gimme, gimme.

I see we had quite the back and forth on that thread.:)

Note: I once had a post deleted for saying I didn't understand why "it's never enough." Instead of your "gimme", I wrote "more, more, more!!!!!"

I don't see that people are saying gimme, gimme. I see some points being made about how, having reached Elite+, there really is no incentive to continue to sail with Celebrity (which is what a marketing program is supposed to be about) because of the impossibility of reaching the Zenith level.

I'm perfectly happy with my Elite+ benefits. They're very nice. However, there is no incentive for me to continue to sail with Celebrity as i will never reach Zenith in this lifetime. Celebrity's Caribbean itineraries are same old, same old. I'm looking around for something different. A longer port call in San Juan, for example, such as MSC offers.

Actually I think this thread has a lot of good ideas, ones which X may be wise to pay attention to.

While my hand is not out asking for more, I can understand looking at this from strictly consumer perspective. Once we achieve Elite +, I will probably start thinking of things that X could do to dangle the carrot in front of me to boost my points. In the meantime, if they don't dangle that carrot, we will probably not bother with Concierge Class anymore. We will never achieve Zenith in our lifetime. Perhaps had we started 25 years ago, but certainly not at this age. We will continue to cruise with X (as long as it maintains its quality) and just bring a footstool along with us!

Let's see. A Zenith - or a Zenith Minus or a Zenith M class? At say maybe 1500 points?

What should we get? I don't know. Some ideas mentioned were very fair, I thought.

But let me be clear. I do appreciate everything we receive and if we never got a bump, I would still be grateful.

To those with the 'gimme gimme gimme' and other rude comments, go back and read the original post. In fact, go back and read what people are actually saying, without putting your own personal assumptions and spin on the words, which in most cases I suspect are very inaccurate.

The point is that if you are going to create a loyalty program, then there is an inherent intent to promote loyalty through the offering of benefits. If you do not offer benefits that are actually...well.... beneficial, then what is the point. THAT is what our comments are directed towards. Don't create a new level and then offer perks that have little value. That only creates frustration, especially when they were released after a long waiting period and a bunch of hoopla over nothing much (a big drum roll and then a big let down). That's just insulting. Don't create the highest level so unachievable that only a very, very select few can ever get there - that is no incentive so as a marketing tool, why does it even exist?? People want to perceive these loyalty programs as fair.

Loyalty is not going to be held based on Loyalty perks.....these are given as a "thank you" for your loyalty which the line must earn based on their product

I have read the benefits for Elite Plus and from my point of view there is no real carrot to achieving this status that would hold my loyalty. Tell me I am wrong please.

Last time I checked the perks offered were a marketing tool. Most large corporate business offer some type of perk to repeat customers. Customers have the right, if not obligation to comment about the perks and try to change the perks to their liking. Thus, sustaining their loyalty to the brand. Other than that, I also like a level added around 2,000 points with increased internet and one specialty dining.

It is not about seeing the glass half full or being ungrateful. Celebrity is in the business of retaining customers which is far easier to accomplish than trying to attract new customers.

As they are now offering embarkation lunch in the MDR for people booked in C class, it would be a nice "perk" if they opened that up to E+ as well. It would make a nice civilised start to a cruise.

As they are now offering embarkation lunch in the MDR for people booked in C class, it would be a nice "perk" if they opened that up to E+ as well. It would make a nice civilised start to a cruise.

But then they would be defeating the object of offering an extra incentive to book Concierge and charge a higher rate because there'd be another large contingent of pax (Elite+) saying that there is no point booking Concierge as they already receive that perk for free. The lunch actually won't cost them anymore (they would still have to feed those pax, irrespective of where they sit), but it's the perceived 'added' perk for booking Concierge that allows them to charge extra for that category.

X are in this to maximise profits, to entice people to pay more for their cabins while saying these are the included perks. Look at the inclusive beverage package and all the comments from Elite pax saying that they already get the nightly happy hours, 'why do we need to pay extra for a cabin when we don't need the included drink package - we get free drinks every evening anyway?'. Actually, I think that was a pretty good marketing strategy - apart from the TAs, I'll bet their Elite happy hour bill has plummeted.

They already have your loyalty as an Elite+ pax, so why offer more if you keep returning anyway with the current perks? Do the majority of pax return because of the product, or because of their current CC perks? I'm sure X will have statistics that show the result of this question.

They already have your loyalty as an Elite+ pax, so why offer more if you keep returning anyway with the current perks? Do the majority of pax return because of the product, or because of their current CC perks? I'm sure X will have statistics that show the result of this question.

They had our loyalty, but our last 2 cruises were not on Celebrity. Personally as an Elite+ member I would give up the extra laundry coupons for something more useful. We don't need all that laundry especially on cruises 10 nights and under.

I would give back all my perks if they would go back to the Celebrity they were 16 years ago. But that will never happen. The product has steadily declined over the years but it has on most if not all mass market cruise lines. I just wish we could afford to try Crystal or Seabourn.

But then they would be defeating the object of offering an extra incentive to book Concierge and charge a higher rate because there'd be another large contingent of pax (Elite+) saying that there is no point booking Concierge as they already receive that perk for free. The lunch actually won't cost them anymore (they would still have to feed those pax, irrespective of where they sit), but it's the perceived 'added' perk for booking Concierge that allows them to charge extra for that category.

X are in this to maximise profits, to entice people to pay more for their cabins while saying these are the included perks. Look at the inclusive beverage package and all the comments from Elite pax saying that they already get the nightly happy hours, 'why do we need to pay extra for a cabin when we don't need the included drink package - we get free drinks every evening anyway?'. Actually, I think that was a pretty good marketing strategy - apart from the TAs, I'll bet their Elite happy hour bill has plummeted.

I cannot speak for the majority, but our personal criteria for choosing our next cruise comes down to: Level of expected service/food (based on past cruises); itinerary; ship; pricing. These are not listed in any deliberate order, since immediate situational experiences also factor into the equation.

"Loyalty Benefits" were intentionally not included -- whatever they are will be dependent upon the previous list, and whatever cruise line that is chosen. I cannot immediately recall any cruise that was ever booked, because of a "Loyalty Perk", except the "free" cruise for reaching Pinnacle (RCI) and a couple of complimentary (very) short cruises to introduce new ships to the cruising public.

We appreciate the "Loyalty Amenitities" that are offered by various cruise lines, but in no way, do they determine which cruise line to book next.

Again, these are just two happy cruisers opinons.

N Ray H

They had our loyalty, but our last 2 cruises were not on Celebrity. Personally as an Elite+ member I would give up the extra laundry coupons for something more useful. We don't need all that laundry especially on cruises 10 nights and under.

I would give back all my perks if they would go back to the Celebrity they were 16 years ago. But that will never happen. The product has steadily declined over the years but it has on most if not all mass market cruise lines. I just wish we could afford to try Crystal or Seabourn.

If you don't mind me asking, which lines were your last 2 cruises on (obviously not Royal or Azamara as you would have had the reciprocal status - up to Diamond at least)? And did you rate those 2 cruises better than your previous X cruises?

I'm only Elite, but I return because of the product, not the loyalty perks. They could do away with any loyalty perks and I'd still cruise with them because they meet my expectations with regard to my cruises.

I'm only Elite, but I return because of the product, not the loyalty perks. They could do away with any loyalty perks and I'd still cruise with them because they meet my expectations with regard to my cruises.

There you go, so adding further perks is not going to change your buying habits - you return because of the product ;).

Edited by villauk

We are only elite on Celebrity but also elite on Princess.

We tend to return to Celebrity for the product itself but the loyalty perks do play into it a great deal.

We return to Princess because of the west coast itineraries but the loyalty perks also largely play into this.

I think the biggest perk for elite+ is the free specialty coffees.

We are sailing on RCCL using reciprocal status from Celebrity -- I like the free photo idea. We usually purchase the embarkation one and this would be a nice touch for elite+.....but certainly not expected. I am very appreciative of anything they offer to us for no charge.

I think the biggest perk for elite+ is the free specialty coffees.

We are sailing on RCCL using reciprocal status from Celebrity -- I like the free photo idea. We usually purchase the embarkation one and this would be a nice touch for elite+.....but certainly not expected. I am very appreciative of anything they offer to us for no charge.

Being Elite+, I have to agree that the free specialty coffees is a great perk, especially on a TA where beverage packages aren't offered. Between my wife & I, we use that perk 4-5 times a day.

I often wondered if the staff at Café al Bacio receives compensation from dispensing the free perk since they do swipe your seapass, but I always leave a $1 each order for the server.

and that is what it is worth!! We were lucky in that in the "switch"...we became "Elite Plus"...we do enjoy all the benefits...and we sail X and AZ as well...and enjoy the fact that our "benefits" switch over too!!

We do a T/A both directions..each year...sometimes on AZ...sometimes on X...and sometimes on O...so we do "spread" our $$ over different cruise lines...but the "bennies" do drive decisions!! We will never make "Zenith"...unless we are lucky enough to cruise in heaven or hell...:eek: and we do appreciate the benefits we have..

but I do agree that perhaps another "level" might be appropriate ...for those between the Elite Plus and Zenith level...and I'm really, really sorry that "Michael's Club" is off limits to most of us now...it used to be such a special place...and now when I walk by...it appears empty! We loved in the "old days" that the CC HH was there...especially on the M class ships...which is just such a special room. We only book "Blu" now...not because of the spa aspects...but because we enjoy that dining experience...LuAnn

I'll come out and say it:

We used to wander around a lot. Sailed something like 12 or 15 different lines over the years, half of which don't even exist anymore.

Becoming Elite (and now Elite Plus) on Celebrity has kept us from wandering very much.

When comparing cruises when we add in the "perks" of free laundry (the BIG ONE!), free happy hour, free internet, front of the tender line, etc. To us there's a fair amount of value in those bennies so cost of the competition is noticeably at a disadvantage.

And as NLH said, Celebrity does go beyond meeting his expectations and they do our's as well. But many of the "others lines" met our expectations too. BUT Celebrity finishes off with the best clean air / no-smoking policy of the mainline guys.

"Bazinga" we're back.

That CC breakfast is a nice add-on!

2aht7xx.jpg

opbx9y.jpg

2rmw4zn.jpg

syxwer.jpg

Those extra Elite Plus perks makes a difference for us.

I'll come out and say it:

We used to wander around a lot. Sailed something like 12 or 15 different lines over the years, half of which don't even exist anymore.

Becoming Elite (and now Elite Plus) on Celebrity has kept us from wandering very much.

When comparing cruises when we add in the "perks" of free laundry (the BIG ONE!), free happy hour, free internet, front of the tender line, etc. To us there's a fair amount of value in those bennies so cost of the competition is noticeably at a disadvantage.

And as NLH said, Celebrity does go beyond meeting his expectations and they do our's as well. But many of the "others lines" met our expectations too. BUT Celebrity finishes off with the best clean air / no-smoking policy of the mainline guys.

"Bazinga" we're back.

That CC breakfast is a nice add-on!

Those extra Elite Plus perks makes a difference for us.

BTW, I'm a she not a he. Everyone has different expectations when they cruise. Some enjoy the perks of the loyalty club, while others, like me, really don't care. I did, however, use the laundry (only perk I've ever used) on my last cruise. It was nice, but not a deal breaker or maker for me. As far as the other perks, they really don't add anything to my cruising experience.

I agree, we love just chatting with all the other elite members

It would be nice to get a free photo! One of the loyalty perks I miss from RCCL!

As North29 says, the perk of the Elite cocktail time is meeting other people rather than the drinks...