Where to eat when you board ship?

happymoes

Without FTTF you can't go to your cabin so we've found the best option is to find a seat close to the grill area and have one or the other of us get in line for cheese burgers & fries for the both of us on Fantasy and Fascination. On Glory we headed directly to Fish&Chips.

LuLu

Mongolian Wok.....the lines can be ridiculously long after day one, so that would be my first choice. If you don't get on board before 12:30 and the lines are already long, then go to Cucina del Capitano. Many people do not know about it, it's 1 floor above the Lido deck. It's free for lunch and the best 12 bucks you'll spend for dinner. At lunch, they have cooked to order pasta with add-ins, think of it as an Italian version of the Mongolian Wok. They also have lasagna. At dinner, the Arancini, spaghetti carbonara and the short ribs with barolo wine sauce are all excellent.

During the port days, once you get back on, go to Guy's, they are open longer than other lunch places. I would also go to the Mongolian Wok if you're staying on board during a port stop. While many are off exploring the ports, you can go to the busy and crowded places on sea days that are less busy and crowded on port days such as the Mongolian Wok and the Serenity area. Those days might be the only ones that you'll be able to snag a hammock or a clam shell up on Serenity.

Depends on the ship. Basically everything in the lido, or even higher on the Conquest class.

There is one ship that used to open up their MDR is it was really crowded, but I forget which one. The Dream maybe?

Edit: just checked. It is/was the Dream. Not sure if they still do it under those conditions. YMMV.

Edited by Orison

Depends on the ship. Basically everything in the lido, or even higher on the Conquest class.

There is one ship that used to open up their MDR is it was really crowded, but I forget which one. The Dream maybe?

Edit: just checked. It is/was the Dream. Not sure if they still do it under those conditions. YMMV.

Definitely the Dream. They did this both times we sailed her.

Cucina is a great and quiet place for lunch after you have spent the last day traveling etc...

Since you will be on the Breeze I would go to the Cucina del Capitano. There is no up charge for lunch and on the Magic it was almost empty on embarkation day. I had the lasagna which is only offered at lunch and it was very tasty.

I second this! The pasta is great for lunch and usually is much less busy than the other spots! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going on Carnival Breeze in March and know the Lido is open??

Are there any other places open for lunch?

What do you all recommend?

Hi Happymoes :)

Cucina del Capitano.. YUM!! Deck 11, aft.

Their complimentary lunch (Captain’s Pasta Bar) hours are 12:00pm-2:30pm.

Have a terrific voyage!

:)

I believe you did mention on your post you were going on the Breeze so here you go

Mongolian Grill

Buffet on Lido

Blue Iguana Cantina custom made tacos and burittos

Guys Burger Joint

Cucina Del Capitano (pasta bar)

NY Deli

Tandoor Oven—Indian Food

Pizza

Really liked the Indian Food and Guys