First RCL cruise with shoe question

We will be on the Explorer of the Seas in September and was looking at the dress code for the Windjammer. The RCL website states "Attire Casual Restrictions Fully covered shoes..." Does this mean that you cannot wear sandals in the Windjammer? Not flip flops, but sandals. Is this true?

We will be on the Explorer of the Seas in September and was looking at the dress code for the Windjammer. The RCL website states "Attire Casual Restrictions Fully covered shoes..." Does this mean that you cannot wear sandals in the Windjammer? Not flip flops, but sandals. Is this true?

Could you link where it says this? I've never seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it is a poorly worded statement. I believe what they meant was that you need to be fully covered (no swimsuits), shoes and shirt required.

I wear sandals and bathing suit (dry) to the WJ and occasionally in the MDR at lunch and breakfast.

Laughing at the thought that some may think of Australians in their undies at the buffet..... Thongs are Australian for flip flops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guilty! Then I thought naaah, can't be. Figured it had to be another word for flip flops. A good laugh!

You may wear sandals...not rubber flip flops...

Incorrect, again. Any passenger can wear flip flops on board a cruise ship, anywhere they want. I have seen them and even worn them in the Windjammer, main dining room, theater, ice skating show, lounges, bars, the Diamond Lounge, specialty restaurants, mini golf course. I think the only places they are absolutely NOT permitted are zip line, rock climbing wall, basketball court, and maybe a few other areas on the new ships which I have not yet seen.

I have some on my feet right now. They are from Old Navy, lavender, size 9. :D

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Good to know I can wear my sandals. I guess you could call them strappy sandals. I will bring some flip flops for around the pool also, however my thong will stay at home. I also pictured people from Australia wearing thongs in the buffet!
The restrictions , state " Fully covered shoes and shirts required " no pants,shorts or trousers required :)

Wow! I never even realized that was in the dress code. Both my husband and I have worn flip flops & sandals in Windjammer, and never were questioned. In the main dining room, I've worn everything from flipflops to sandals to heals...