Celebrity's Cruise Prices

mcrcruiser

Boarding Silhouette in 3 weeks for her 14 night transatlantic to Amsterdam. :)

I think $699pp with $450 OBC and the "Elite" perks is VERY competitive! :D

(Not QUITE as good as last year's 23 night transpacific on Century for $799pp... but not bad.)

The 25 night B2B Transatlantic/Med cruise on Constellation departing April 9th, just dropped to $1183pp with $550 OBC. :eek:

The 1-2-3-GO! marketing hype is just that... HYPE. Avoid it, do a little online research, and save a LOT of money. ;)

If someone "NEEDS" the Penthouse or Reflection Suite, they're going to have to pay a little bit more...

As long as people "BUY" the 1-2-3-GO! marketing hype, both they and Celebrity/RCCL are very happy. The ships are pretty much full.

Edited by teecee60

We have done three med cruises during the last three years. Prices are definitely higher than before. We usually travel the same time of the year so I know how the prices are for the time period. I have noticed that the inside cabins are more expensive too. When I look at the exciting deals for Mediterranean cruises for this year I see maybe one cruise at the same price range but all the others are more expensive. Cruising have become more expensive for us europeans because of the dollar.

We have done three med cruises during the last three years. Prices are definitely higher than before. We usually travel the same time of the year so I know how the prices are for the time period. I have noticed that the inside cabins are more expensive too. When I look at the exciting deals for Mediterranean cruises for this year I see maybe one cruise at the same price range but all the others are more expensive. Cruising have become more expensive for us europeans because of the dollar.

I think prices are now returning to pre Costa Concordia levels.

Cruising have become more expensive for us europeans because of the dollar.

The Canada dollar was die since 2013 when it was par

A cruise that is $2099 USD is now $2679 cad:eek: for 10 night med cruise on a balcony exciting Tuesday deal , Which could be had for $900 in 2011

Comparing Celebrity cruises to the overall market is Celebrity becoming non competitive with all the add on promotions vs the other main line cruise companies ?

Only if they're not filling the ships, but I've seen posts on several other forums of people crossing over to try Celebrity recently. I personally think the 123Go! sale was a steal for lower priced Veranda's. When I subtract the perks (and just the $100 pp for drinks I would spend anyways), my Concierge Class comes out to $100 per day. I Paid $110 per day for a regular balcony on Carnival a few years back, so to me that's competitive. Even if you don't drink or spend money on the ship, the free trips is still a benefit for lower cabin categories.

Like anything else, that's only going to be true sometimes. Want a 7 day cruise in Alaska with a 3 day land tour, Celebrity starts at $1449. The same thing on Holland America, $899.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

I booked a C3 room Millennium for Alaska (June 2016) under 123Go promotion and got all 3 options. I did this while waiting for Royal Caribbean to release their 2016 sailings. I can get the same size room (190 sq ft) on Radiance of the Seas for essentially the same price ($100 cheaper) but get none of the promos I'm getting with Celebrity. I'd say I got a better deal on Celebrity!

I found this to be true also. We have cruised to Europe the last 2 years and are paying quite a bit more this year:(

This year we have a good deal plus all the add on benefits.Next year we have booked the same time but on a Med cruise 14 nights and are paying about £500 each more for the same cabin.Having booked their guaranteed price I keep a watch on the price .If the basic price pp comes down we supposedly are able to claim the reduction but would loose any benefits that came with the existing booking.

Anyone have experience with that system with Celebity ? Does it work ?

This year we have a good deal plus all the add on benefits.Next year we have booked the same time but on a Med cruise 14 nights and are paying about £500 each more for the same cabin.Having booked their guaranteed price I keep a watch on the price .If the basic price pp comes down we supposedly are able to claim the reduction but would loose any benefits that came with the existing booking.

Anyone have experience with that system with Celebity ? Does it work ?

Last year, I booked a Med cruise for £1.8K each, DRINKs and GRATs, balcony, flights.

Later, the prices went down, and they let me rebook, £1.7K each, Aqua, flights, but only DRINKS, as it was "1 offer only" at the time.

The first time I asked, they said 'no'; the second time, they said 'yes'.

Note also that Celebrity treat people in different countries differently. In the US, you can change almost everything, and even get a deposit refunded if you cancel; not in the UK!

Stuart

In November 2013 I took the Adriatic cruise on Silhouette. A 2b cabin cost $2,200 for the 13 night cruise. Now it costs as much as double that price for 11 night adriatic cruises in an inside cabin. Even with the occasional price drops the cost is still way over what I paid. Plus I got the 123 benefits for that price.

However there are still good deals to be had on some cruises especially transatlantics if booking after final payment. Also the holy land cruises came down to rock bottom prices last year as have some of the Alaska cruises this year. So it is hit or miss but for the popular Mediterranean cruises or cruises like Anarctica it looks like prices have increased significantly. Being flexible and monitoring prices diligently is definitely the key to great deals.

It's a supply and demand issue. X is able to charge more because that's what the market is willing to bear. Myself, I generally book at times of year the that are less $$$. I'm not going to do a New Years cruise due to the much higher cost.

For me, I have a bunch of cruises booked with X. We have other booked with Princess, they were actually a little more than X considering 123. Will I keep sailing X if the pricing keep going up? Yes, but I won't be in a suite any longer.

Celebrity is a bit higher than NCL for the Bermuda cruises, but when you factor in the free drink package and free gratuities, the net price is less.

The convenience of leaving from port in NJ as opposed to NY is also worth a bit more to us.

I am also NOT a fan of the new huge mega-ships, so my inclination is to stick with the ship size on which we are most comfortable - which happens to be the Celebrity Summit.

Booked my fourth Med cruise . It is for 2016. The price just fine with me.

Now I know how to find the promotions, use a TA with perks, or wait till after final payment an find the bargain, if you can find a bargain airfare to Europe from the US.

I am a happy camper.

Edited by Azulann

My next 2 cruises are sold out. I wanted to take the cruise prior to the TA and only one top level Suite is available. The last report showed Celebrity selling at 104% capacity based on 2 in a cabin. What you and I think about prices is personal opinion. The numbers reveal the facts. Bottom line is that enough passengers to fill the ships find the prices and value fair enough to choose to spend their travel dollars on a Celebrity cruise.

Based on competitive main line comparable cruise lines ,has Celebrity priced itself to be less than competitive ?

What say you ?

It looks like you didn't get the answer you were looking for the first time you asked it. Let me reassure you then and say, no, they're no longer competitive. Hope that helps. ;)

It's all about the timing of your booking and the deals your TA might be able to get. My last two cruises in 2014, one in Europe and one in the Caribbean, and my next two booked for June and February to Bermuda and the Caribbean are the best prices I've gotten in all my years of cruising. In addition to the great cabin prices I've gotten free drink package, prepaid gratuities and lots of OBC for each of these. My cabin price for each has been considerably lower than Celebrity's published price because my TA has had group pricing on my category choice each time.