Half moon cay question

august1963

Yes! It is absolutely beautiful. There are lounge chairs to use w/out charge. Lunch is a buffet lunch and is included as well. There are bars on the island. They are a bit more expensive than the cruise. It's like paradise!

I believe it's Carnivals private island. We had a great day their. Just remember if you go for a walk take your sail & sign card. Wife and I passed 2 bars and could not stop for a drink as our cards where with our stuff at the beach.

Hanging at the beautiful beach is awesome, always enjoy the buffet. Last year, I didn't rent the water mattresses there (which are essential for me so I can just float around) Before I left on my cruise, I had purchased a couple of them at a dollar store, packed them, brought them to Half Moon and blew them up there. Then I gave them to some children when I left. I pinch pennies where I can so I can get that OV room instead of an inside. A couple of rented mats there equals 3 drinks if I recall!

My perfect cruise would be if CCL would anchor off HMC for five nights and tender me back and forth each day. It is truly paradise.

I will vote for that!

HMC was developed as a port call for Holland America Lines. But, it is great that others in the Carnival family of brands are also using it.

It is a special spot!

I believe it's Carnivals private island. We had a great day their. Just remember if you go for a walk take your sail & sign card. Wife and I passed 2 bars and could not stop for a drink as our cards where with our stuff at the beach.

Half Moon cay is owned by Princess not Carnival. When Princess isn't using the island Carnival will shedule a ship.

Half Moon cay is owned by Princess not Carnival. When Princess isn't using the island Carnival will shedule a ship.

I believe that the previous poster is correct. Half Moon Cay was purchased by Holland America. In any event, it really is such a great place to spend a day!

I believe that the previous poster is correct. Half Moon Cay was purchased by Holland America. In any event, it really is such a great place to spend a day!

True, HAL currently owns HMC but Princess and Carnival ships also call there. I believe, way back when, NCL was the original owner.

Of course, I may be incorrect. But, I am pretty sure that NCL never had any financial interest in Half Moon Cay. The island that they still use in the Bahamas for some of their port calls is the one that I recall visiting when I sailed on Sunward II.

Of course, I may be incorrect. But, I am pretty sure that NCL never had any financial interest in Half Moon Cay. The island that they still use in the Bahamas for some of their port calls is the one that I recall visiting when I sailed on Sunward II.

yes, NCL island is called Great Stirrup Cay and they recently spent millions to renovate the island too.

Carnival also programs activities on Half Moon Cay. I actually won a ship on a stick played at the volleyball tournament on the sand courts there. Our host was then off to a sand castle building contest right after that.

yes, NCL island is called Great Stirrup Cay and they recently spent millions to renovate the island too.

NCL was one of the first cruise lines to acquire an island back in the 70s. There were badly needed renovations several years ago before the most recent round. We were first there in 2008 and it was a bit primitive. I really prefer the beach at Half Moon Cay though.

Holland America actually owns the island. Their logo is on the sign. Princess owns Princess Cay which is another beautiful island. We love both but HMC is our favorite! Princess Cay is more rocky so harder to get in and out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk