celebrity dress code help

glendale

i am still confused even after reading countless messages about the dress code for chic nights on celebrity cruises can anyone confirm if men have to wear a jacket on these nights please

Not a need or "have to". You can be as formal as you want to or not. My husband usually puts on a sports coat.

i am still confused even after reading countless messages about the dress code for chic nights on celebrity cruises can anyone confirm if men have to wear a jacket on these nights please

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Short answer is no. Here is what Celebrity is suggesting.

What is the onboard dress code?

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• • A cocktail dress
  • • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• • Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• • Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

The short answer is "no". On our last Celebrity cruise, of eight of us dining together, none of the men wore a jacket. That was fairly typical of the MDR, although there were a few men in blazers or jackets.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Short answer is no. Here is what Celebrity is suggesting.

What is the onboard dress code?

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

• • A cocktail dress
  • • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

• • Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• • Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

dk - thank you, I bet you found it at X's website, correct?

bon voyage

i am still confused even after reading countless messages about the dress code for chic nights on celebrity cruises can anyone confirm if men have to wear a jacket on these nights please[/quote

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It's completely up to you whether you want to wear a jacket or not, I've witnessed men with and without jackets on the cruises I've taken since Formal Night changed to Chic Night, and everyone looked terrific. Otherwise, what davekathy posted as Celebrity's guidelines for each night's dress is accurate.

No it is still formal and a jacket is required. We just got off the eclipse on a 14 night cruise and it was called" formal chic" or something which was a curve ball since I didn't expect to have to wear a jacket , so didn't bring one... We ended buying a 3 diner package in the specialty venues which were more flexible... Very confusing.

No it is still formal and a jacket is required. We just got off the eclipse on a 14 night cruise and it was called" formal chic" or something which was a curve ball since I didn't expect to have to wear a jacket , so didn't bring one... We ended buying a 3 diner package in the specialty venues which were more flexible... Very confusing.

Simply not true. I think you were confused or misunderstood the "Evening Chic" requirements. I will say that we've seen evidence of Celebrity putting an old description in the daily newsletter, but that is a mistake that can be clarified with staff if it happens.

I called down to the dining room and asked and was told that a jacket was required... It was called " formal chic" and was shocked after reading on here of the relaxed dress code and past experience on the silhouette last year...

Wow. How confusing. We are not planning on bringing a jacket for DH. He will be wearing dress shirt and slacks. We will be in Blu. Hope that is OK. Hate to pay a lot for a cabin with perks and not be able to eat in Blu on whatever the "chic" nights are called. We will be on Silhouette in Dec.

Wow. How confusing. We are not planning on bringing a jacket for DH. He will be wearing dress shirt and slacks. We will be in Blu. Hope that is OK. Hate to pay a lot for a cabin with perks and not be able to eat in Blu on whatever the "chic" nights are called. We will be on Silhouette in Dec.

Blu has for many, many years been smart casual every night. Evening chic does not apply in any of the Specialty restaurants including Blu. We have done several cruises in AQ and a jacket is absolutely not required in Blu. You may of course choose to wear jacket.

Simply not true. I think you were confused or misunderstood the "Evening Chic" requirements. I will say that we've seen evidence of Celebrity putting an old description in the daily newsletter, but that is a mistake that can be clarified with staff if it happens.

I agree, the change to Evening Chic is ancient history now. Formal nights were gone over a year ago on the Eclipse and every other ship in the fleet. Our Celebrity Today for March 21, 2016, has the following as its lead item:

Introducing Evening Chic

Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Evening Chic, Officers' Soirée Time

7:45 l Grand Foyer, Decks 3, 4 & 5

Kick off Evening Chic with Captain Sympouras and the Celebrity Eclipse Officers in the Grand Foyer and enjoy live music and dancing.

That's "Evening Chic", repeated 5 times. As they had it right, over a year ago, I somehow doubt that they suddenly got it wrong this month.

I called down to the dining room and asked and was told that a jacket was required... It was called " formal chic" and was shocked after reading on here of the relaxed dress code and past experience on the silhouette last year...

Whoever told you that was absolutely, completely and 100% incorrect. This has been the case for a couple of years now. It is not even an issue anymore on this board.

I agree, the change to Evening Chic is ancient history now. Formal nights were gone over a year ago on the Eclipse and every other ship in the fleet. Our Celebrity Today for March 21, 2016, has the following as its lead item:

Introducing Evening Chic

Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Evening Chic, Officers' Soirée Time

7:45 l Grand Foyer, Decks 3, 4 & 5

Kick off Evening Chic with Captain Sympouras and the Celebrity Eclipse Officers in the Grand Foyer and enjoy live music and dancing.

That's "Evening Chic", repeated 5 times. As they had it right, over a year ago, I somehow doubt that they suddenly got it wrong this month.

No where does it say you have to wear a jacket and whoever told you that definitely got it wrong.

Blu absolutely did not require a jacket. My husband wore a long sleeve button down shirt almost every night, and just a collared golf shirt with slacks another night. One night he wore a Tommy Bahama tropical short sleeve button down (we were in the Caribbean ). We were also on the Silhouette. There were some (very few) passengers who still CHOSE to do the formal thing with tuxes and long dresses, get pictures taken, really just a few. Blu and the specialty restaurants do not subscribe to the evening chic idea. I wore skinny black or white pants, with strappy heels, and the long gauzy or silky multicolored long tops every night. Your husband will be fine! We loved Blu on the Silhouette, have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband is not bringing a jacket. On our first cruise a few years ago, Celebrity lost one of our bags...including his jacket, so he didn't have one to wear even on formal night. So the next year we didn't bring one and no one said a thing. Now we the relaxed dress code, we won't bring one.

It is unfortunate that you decided to pay for those dinners. Hope you enjoyed them at least.

The info is published in the daily. And the word "formal" is not included.

I have to use my experiences on the Eclipse. For Chic nights, most men wore at least a sport coat & tie. On the last Chic night, I'd say about 40% had a tux(Jan.22 cruise) The rest had suits(like us)a few had no coat & had nice shirts & slacks. A few had nice shirts, slacks & had a tie(different, but it worked) very few wore jeans on the Chic nights, but quite a few on smart casual nights. Shorts were generally relegated to the buffet & a few in the theater(sorry, but those few really stood out)The last Chic night seems to be the one that really stood out for really smart evening wear. Most women were quite dazzling in their various arrays of dress. You don't have to wear a coat on Chic night, but you'll stand out as too under dressed if you don't.

It is unfortunate that you decided to pay for those dinners. Hope you enjoyed them at least.

The info is published in the daily. And the word "formal" is not included.

It was on our Jan.22 cruise. It even mentioned Tux or dark suit(first Chic night)After that it just gave suggestions The last Chic night was the one where most dressed quite formal. I think the Eclipse with it's longer cruises in the Caribbean attract a more formal crowd. This is the reason we've chosen this ship when cruising Celebrity.