Ugliest cruise ship afloat?

kwazi07

Hi all!

I don't know how I thought of this topic, but it'd be cool to see your opinions on it. In your opinion, what are some of the ugliest cruise ships?

To me, the NCL Epic is hands down the winner. But I'm not a fan of Carnival's Fantasy class.

Royal's ships are pretty nice, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be Majesty. I don't like the no balcony look and it looks a little smooshed :D

Not sure what the class is but any of those Carnival ships with the balconies welded to the side.

That's a modified Fantasy class. Your description is true, they literally took a normal ship and welded balconies onto the side.

It's especially ugly because they didn't even do the whole ship! They did a little section midship and then the aft...

Edit: looking at photos, it looks like they were limited by the lifeboats...the ships are of an older style with the lifeboats by the pool vs down below.

Edited by kwazi07

That's a modified Fantasy class. Your description is true, they literally took a normal ship and welded balconies onto the side.

It's especially ugly because they didn't even do the whole ship! They did a little section midship and then the aft...

Edit: looking at photos, it looks like they were limited by the lifeboats...the ships are of an older style with the lifeboats by the pool vs down below.

I've been on one.

The inside matches the outside.

Refined, it's not.

7263359254ab14dc587f1b8.75505217-1253133765.jpg

I've been on 2 cruises- both Carnival. The old ships remind me of cheesy Las Vegas or Reno in the old days.

I'm really looking forward to my first RCCL cruise on Allure this January.

I've been on one.

The inside matches the outside.

Refined, it's not.

7263359254ab14dc587f1b8.75505217-1253133765.jpg

I've been on 2 cruises- both Carnival. The old ships remind me of cheesy Las Vegas or Reno in the old days.

I'm really looking forward to my first RCCL cruise on Allure this January.

You'll like Royal! my first cruise was actually on a Fantasy class--the Paradise. It's the last built though so it wasn't as guady...no neon! I am sooo tempted to take a cruise on Sensation though...looks so gaudy but so cheap!

Hi all!

I don't know how I thought of this topic, but it'd be cool to see your opinions on it. In your opinion, what are some of the ugliest cruise ships?

To me, the NCL Epic is hands down the winner. But I'm not a fan of Carnival's Fantasy class.

Royal's ships are pretty nice, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be Majesty. I don't like the no balcony look and it looks a little smooshed :D

I vote for this one... :)

http://freedomship.com/

Oasis class ships are boxy, plain, boring, and ugly..

NCL ships have more appeal, especially with the murals.

Hal & Celebrity probably look the coolest.

MSC seaside will be an awesome ship once it comes out......

Edited by matj2000

The interior of the Carnival Pride was UGLY. Felt like Dracula's living room or something.

I was waiting to post after reading through. OMG horrible! My first cruise and

last on Carnival.Iiwas expecting the Addams Family to appear. AND the reproductions of Renaissance ART!!!! Nudes and cherubs. The whole wall reclining nude as you approached the dining room was hilarious. Parents kept trying to explain it was art to kids giggling. My next cruise was Oasis. OMG talk about WOW factor!!!

Edited by mlmbar