Princess stock

blbailey

Can someone please help me, we are thinking of getting 100 shares of stock, how much OBC do you get with this? Is it different depending on the days you are cruising, 7 or 15 days or is it the same for all cruises? How do you go about getting this credit? Thanks in advance!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can someone please help me, we are thinking of getting 100 shares of stock, how much OBC do you get with this? Is it different depending on the days you are cruising, 7 or 15 days or is it the same for all cruises? How do you go about getting this credit? Thanks in advance!!!!

Time based.. <6 + $50, 7-13=$100, 14> =$250

This shareholder's credit application has all of the details of this program.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388078&d=1466095327

It's not required to use the form & don't be concerned about the date because it's been extended for another year & soon they'll have an updated form.

Since the first question has already been answered, I'll answer the "how do you" one. There is a form, and I'll attach a copy of the 2017 issue of it to this message, that you will fill out and send to Princess along with a copy of your brokerage statement that shows you have ownership of at least 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock. The info can be either mailed or faxed. (Make sure that you delete your account number from the copy that you send in. The form will remind you of this should you forget.) The shares certificate/brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date. There is also some info on the form about the program.

If you need any other info, just ask.

Tom

CCL Shareholder form 2017.pdf

You have to own Carnival Corp. Stock in any account, Princess does not have it's own stock. Search Carnival Corp. Shareholder Benefit to see the amounts, and the cruise lines where the benefit can be used.

You actually have to buy Carnival PLC stock to get the OBC. You'll need to own at least 100 shares. OBC is combinable with all offers and specials . There isn't a limit on how many times in a year you can use the Shareholder OBC.f your ex or active military of the US or Canada there is also an OBC available.

If you are in the US, open an online brokerage account (Etrade, TD Ameritrade, etc). Fund it. Currently CCL is trading in the mid $60's, so you will need upwards of $7000. US to buy the required amount. Allow a couple of weeks for all of this to happen.

Then go online in your brokerage account and buy the 100 shares, more if you like.

Then print or make a pdf of your account that shows your name and that it holds at least 100 shares of CCL.

By snail mail or fax send that information along with your sailing information to the address or phone(fax) number shown at the Shareholder Benefit page of http://www.carnivalcorp.com .

If you are part of a married couple and one of you is a veteran, you may want to buy the stock in the name of the non-veteran. Princess now requires shore excursions to be paid for at the time they are reserved. You can apply onboard credit or use a credit card to pay for them. If you apply the onboard credit, they use only the credit in each passenger's name as payment for that passenger's excursions. Example: If all the onboard credit is in the husbands name it cannot be used to pay for the wife's excursions.

If you are part of a married couple and one of you is a veteran, you may want to buy the stock in the name of the non-veteran. Princess now requires shore excursions to be paid for at the time they are reserved. You can apply onboard credit or use a credit card to pay for them. If you apply the onboard credit, they use only the credit in each passenger's name as payment for that passenger's excursions. Example: If all the onboard credit is in the husbands name it cannot be used to pay for the wife's excursions.

If that is really someone's concern, then purchase the stock in both their names and submit the paperwork for each cruise and choose which one will sign the form each time. Or, each person sign up for their own excursions. For that matter, I'd wager that most married couples don't split up their charges. Or, if they do, each person should just sign up with their own credit card & settle any OBC problems between themselves after the cruise.

Tom

Cannot be applied to a sailing unless you are within 90 days of it.

Not quite true....unless they recently (last month) changed the rules. We usually fax the request many months before our cruises (generally with HAL or Princess) and have never had an issue.

Hank

Not quite true....unless they recently (last month) changed the rules. We usually fax the request many months before our cruises (generally with HAL or Princess) and have never had an issue.

Hank

Of course it's true it's listed on their paperwork.

You can send it in any time you want.

They request you don't before 90 days.

Good for you you have had it applied early.

Whenever we have sent it in before 90 days they have never responded or placed the credit on the account.

Have had to send it in again within the 90 day requirement.

We appreciate the fact that Princess does this for us and don't demand or push the issue. But that's just us.

The proof of ownership - usually your account statement can be no older than 90 days. I usually apply just after my statement is available within the window and see credit within 3 work days.

Couple of additional points.

1. Each room can have only one benefit. So if husband/wife own 100 shares each and are in same cabin they only get one set of OBC.

2. You CAN buy in a retirement account. Depends on the way your 401K account operates. This means you are not tying up money from your normal income.

3. If you buy make sure you use a broker that allows dividend reinvestment to be bought in small increments (like .001 share). Current dividend is 40 cents a share. For 100 shares that is $40. Scottrade only allows dividend reinvestment in whole shares, so the dividends just go to a cash account. When my account was in a 401K with State Street Global my shares grew from 100 to 135 in about 5 years. My Scottrade holdings are not growing at all.

I'm glad I bought my shares when the price was lower back in 2011. We've sailed nine times on Princess ships, three times on HAL, and once on Carnival since then. I've recouped a third of my purchase price in onboard credits plus several hundred dollars in dividends. CCL is currently paying a $40 dividend each quarter (around a 2.4% yield at today's closing price). It was just a $25 quarterly dividend back in 2011.

You need to consider your overall investment strategy before buying any stock. For a lot of folks, sinking that much money into one stock for the promise of a little bit in onboard credit doesn't make sense. The stock has doubled in six years, but past performance is no guarantee of future success. One analysis I read recently questioned whether the current administration will allow Carnival Corp. to continue to sail ships to Cuba and the possible impact of cutbacks to that emerging market would mean to the company. I would hate to buy the stock now and see all of my supposed benefits evaporate (at least on paper) if the stock does tank.

I'm glad I bought my shares when the price was lower back in 2011. We've sailed nine times on Princess ships, three times on HAL, and once on Carnival since then. I've recouped a third of my purchase price in onboard credits plus several hundred dollars in dividends. CCL is currently paying a $40 dividend each quarter (around a 2.4% yield at today's closing price). It was just a $25 quarterly dividend back in 2011.

I wish I'd have bought mine back then also. I didn't even know about it until late in '15, but even having bought that late, between dividends and OBC, I've made half of my investment back in the last 21 months. Hopefully, saying this won't jinx my luck! :o

Tom

The stock ownership OBC is the best thing offered if you cruise a lot plus Carnival Corp is great stock since it covers 9 cruise lines. I bought my shares back in 2008 at a ridiculously low price and have used it on Princess and CCL cruises for the OBC plus I get the quarterly stock dividends. It is a very nice perk and well worth it to us.

The stock ownership OBC is the best thing offered if you cruise a lot plus Carnival Corp is great stock since it covers 9 cruise lines. I bought my shares back in 2008 at a ridiculously low price and have used it on Princess and CCL cruises for the OBC plus I get the quarterly stock dividends. It is a very nice perk and well worth it to us.

I believe that the last time I looked at it there were 14 different cruise lines in the Carnival group. Might be wrong though.

Tom

Isn't that about the same time when they first started the OBC program? We didn't buy the stock for a few years after that but still it's been a good return since then.

Isn't that about the same time when they first started the OBC program?

The shareholder benefit predates 2008 by several years. There was a thread on CC awhile back about when it started, but I don't recall if there was a definite year stated for the beginning.

We had our first benefit OBC in 2004 on our 2nd or 3rd cruise.