Stupid kids on cruise/ Watch video

That is so dangerous to the kids and to other passengers. It looks like it was just posted yesterday so these kids are probably still on that ship. I sent an image of the YouTube video to Princess cruise lines media relations just now that includes the name of the kid on his YouTube channel. Hopefully they can find him and have him removed from the ship for doing something so stupid.

Did you mention Zach is at one point in cabin C624?

Regards John

If mine did that they would quickly learn that i go from "reasonable when you are following the basic family rules" to "mean dictator who doesn't trust anyone who isn't within 3 meters of either myself or my wife, and that includes bathrooms".

I know kids and teens do stupid once in awhile but that was beyond stupid.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

Did you mention Zach is at one point in cabin C624?

Regards John

Yes, I mentioned in the email to Princes that they appear to be coming out of cabin C624 and his other YouTube video seems to indicate the cruise was a couple weeks ago. I also let them know I made a copy of the YouTube video in case it quickly disappeared.

20 years ago I would have done something like that, but when I got caught I would not be able to sit for a week. I think both the parents and the kids are to blame. The parents for failing to supervise and the kids cause they clearly knew what they were doing was wrong.

A perfect example as to why minors should never be allowed to occupy a cabin with no responsible adult.

Sure, adults do stupid stuff as well, but that in no way excuses this.

Ban the parents, (since they don't know how to be responsible parents), and the kids, (since neither of them [the older of the two definitely knew better-notice how he "shushed" to the camera as they were sneaking past their parents' room?!] want to act like responsible kids). And yes, kids can be taught to be responsible for their actions. It's just not easy to do....

I cannot believe some of you people get so bent out of shape out of this.

And someone actually emails the cruise line to "tell on them".

The kid jumped from 12 ft. Big wow.

Lighten up & stop acting 80 years old.....

Edited by matj2000

Stop acting like you're 12. Deal??

As a parent of a boy that age I blame them fully. They KNOW their kid and they KNOW if they have the potential to do something stupid like this.

I am not a parent, but I whole heartedly agree that parents know their children. I started cruising in elementary school. My younger brother and I eventually hit that age where my parents didn't want us in their room and we didn't want to be in theirs so we had our own as cruises went on. I can tell you neither of us ever did anything that dim witted nor had any desire to. Furthermore, anything dumb we did as kids was usually done without any evidence left behind because, you know, evidence = trouble. This generation of kids is all about social media and telling/showing everyone what you do, good AND bad.

If they or someone else does this again creates a trend and something goes wrong and they land on your daughter or son breaking her/his neck causing them to be wheelchair chair for the rest of their life. How long will you think it is no big deal? I care about cruising and keeping things safe I also care about the safety of the culprits they are likely to hurt themselves too and that is also important in my opinion. It needs stopping - simple.

Regards John

I bet most of you did some sort of horse-play back when you all cruised on the Titanic.

Not on the Titanic, but at my grandma's cottage back in the mid sixties. They had a set of diving boards at the community dock with the high diving board about as high as where this kid jumped from. We had a blast jumping off that board! :D One time a kid next in line didn't wait until I cleared the jump zone and, you guessed it, landed right on top of me. He didn't break my neck but he knocked me silly enough so that my brothers had to drag me out of the water before I drowned.

If you want to experience something like this have a friend drop an 80 pound bag of concrete mix off your garage roof onto your head. You can skip the pool part if you don't have one. Just have a bag of ice ready for your noggin.

^ to be fair, most people's bodies are a bit softer than a bag of concrete mix.

Ya I thought about suggesting using his 80lb. Labrador Retriever but you know how sensitive the animal lovers around here are. ;)

Let me get this straight, a boy jumps off a railing to the pool below as his mother is coming up the steps to the topless deck;p

Yes while his dad is out hanging on to the fence behind the jet blast at Maho Beach! Like father like son...both like to ignore warning signs!

Yes while his dad is out hanging on to the fence behind the jet blast at Maho Beach! Like father like son...both like to ignore warning signs!

...or maybe his dad said not a big deal. I have jumped from much higher. Just not on a ship.