Shower or tub

uktog

Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with

• A bath tub and over the bath shower
    • A walk in shower
    • No preference

Really fed up that I can't use my iPad to vote either. I can never access links on this forum.

Anyway both husband and myself are definitely both in the prefer shower stall camp.

He's 6 ft 2 in and cannot fit into cruise ship baths comfortably. I'm 5ft 2 in but am terrified of slipping getting in and out of the bath in rough seas.

For those of you having problems with accessing the link, I have discovered it and other issues I have here are to do with the Safari browser. I now use either Opera or Mercury. They are both free apps and work fine with this forum. Opera I have found to be slightly faster.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

For those of you having problems with accessing the link, I have discovered it and other issues I have here are to do with the Safari browser. I now use either Opera or Mercury. They are both free apps and work fine with this forum. Opera I have found to be slightly faster.

Phil

Thanks Phil, Opera is much better. Voted for walk in shower.

Poll shows only one of eight voters wanting tubs. With 32 CC suites, that would indicate no more than four or five should have tubs.

I think it would be appropriate to wait until the poll closes before determining the number but I do hope this straw poll might help Azamara make an evidenced based decision. The poll has only been open less than a day, who knows if the sample at present is representative.

I think it would be appropriate to wait until the poll closes before determining the number but I do hope this straw poll might help Azamara make an evidenced based decision. The poll has only been open less than a day, who knows if the sample at present is representative.

And several of us were not able to vote on our smartphones or tablets. I logged on this morning on the pc just so I could cast my vote.

When Celebrity renovated the Concierge class cabins on the M Class ships to turn them into AQ class cabins, they were able to retrofit the showers and replaced the awful shower curtain with two doors. That was when I decided it was OK to book the Infinity for a unique iitinerary.

It wasn't until after we booked our 2016 cruise on the Quest for another unique itinerary, that I found out V2 cabins had shower curtains and was starting to rethink our decision. I was very excited to find out Azamara was doing a major renovation on all ships. I definitely don't understand why replacing the awful shower curtains wouldn't be part of a major modernization project for what is billed as RCI's deluxe cruise line.

We can only hope these comments are communicated to the decision makers.

I wonder what the answers will be

I've been watching the results as well, given that for nearly 10 days the other thread has been all about tubs, tubs, tubs! (Almost to the point I found myself wishing the topic would move back to the other topics…chairs, sofa, carpeting.) As of this date 18.6% prefer the tub/shower combination. All the rest a walk-in shower, or they don't care.

As I said awhile back, there WILL BE TUBS. I just don't know how many or where. When the new deck plan is available, I'll let you know :)

I've been watching the results as well, given that for nearly 10 days the other thread has been all about tubs, tubs, tubs! (Almost to the point I found myself wishing the topic would move back to the other topics…chairs, sofa, carpeting.) As of this date 18.6% prefer the tub/shower combination. All the rest a walk-in shower, or they don't care.

As I said awhile back, there WILL BE TUBS. I just don't know how many or where. When the new deck plan is available, I'll let you know :)

Perhaps we should start a love seat vs 2 chair poll? We would prefer a loveseat as well as a smaller arm chair.

Poll shows only one of eight voters wanting tubs. With 32 CC suites, that would indicate no more than four or five should have tubs.

As the poll is open until August 23, I think its a bit early to say anything about the numbers yet. But, yhat sais, so far, 6%+ had no preference (shower over tub vs walk-in shower only, which would put the total of those that definitely want a tub and those that are okay with either at 25% (or 8 with tubs). I didn't realize there are only 32 CC suites.

As the poll is open until August 23, I think its a bit early to say anything about the numbers yet. But, yhat sais, so far, 6%+ had no preference (shower over tub vs walk-in shower only, which would put the total of those that definitely want a tub and those that are okay with either at 25% (or 8 with tubs). I didn't realize there are only 32 CC suites.

My only experience with a cruise ship that offered either a tub or shower in a class of staterooms was with Regent's Mariner, a ship with about 60% showers in those classes of staterooms. Absolutely no one in the roll call was trying to move from a shower to a tub whereas many people stuck with tubs were looking to switch to a shower.

And don't forget, those 25% OK with either would be happy with a shower.

On the slightly larger Oceania ships they have a full size tub with shower over PLUS a shower cubicle even in the standard cabins.

We love Azamara but those darn shower cubicles and soggy curtains are truly awful!

On the slightly larger Oceania ships they have a full size tub with shower over PLUS a shower cubicle even in the standard cabins.

We love Azamara but those darn shower cubicles and soggy curtains are truly awful!

Agree with soggy shower curtains, as we endured them on Princess. So we paid the extra money for Azamara CC suite specifically so we'd have a tub/shower combo (Sailed just this last Dec/Jan in South America). If future CC suites have no tub, ZERO reason for us to book one. We'll either go veranda if we're in totally in love with the itinerary Azamara offers (but not for a voyage for any long length without a tub) or we'll go Seabourn. We were on Seabourn in May this year 2015, and our spacious cabin cost no more than what Azamara was asking for a similar voyage. We had a SEPARATE tub and shower on Seabourn and double sinks and tons of storage. Loved Seabourn, but they tend to do the "in at 8am, out at 5pm" port visit, while Azamara lets you spend more time and does overnights. We are currently booked on Azamara December 2016 Christmas trip to Singapore, Bali, etc. It's a 14 day trip and think that not having a tub for 2 weeks (and minimal storage, at least from the pix) would be a very unhappy situation and I would cancel (and go for a quasi-similar, but not quite as wonderful, itinerary Seabourn is offering). But lots of time left, so I'm optimistic that Azamara will get it right-- my husband and I LOVE Azamara's friendly staff and longer port stays. (We've also been on Crystal, Silverseas,Celebrity,HAL and other lines, but those experiences are not as directly relevant, as they are older experiences)