My time dining reservation - table size

sanchari

Unless you specifically ask to be seated with others you will be seated by yourselves.

Thanks ..

Sailed with princess and they didn't have reservations for any time dining ( I think )

So how does the my time dining with reservations work ?

Will there be still a line ? Guess there will be since many will have the time slot ..

How do they distinguish between parties with reservation and without ? Or in other words is there a point in having a reservation?

Thanks ..

Sailed with princess and they didn't have reservations for any time dining ( I think )

Will there be still a line ? Guess there will be since many will have the time slot ..

How do they distinguish between parties with reservation and without ? Or in other words is there a point in having a reservation?

The theory is that people with reservations will not wait as long as those without reservations.

Thanks ..

I did My Time Dining on one trip. We had reservations each night but had to stand in line with everyone including people without reservations so I don't know what the point was for having reservations. It's entirely possible we didn't do it right.

We like to eat dinner early at a table for two, so we always use my time dining, but book as early as we can and a table for two. When we've booked in the cruise planner, it always asks how many we want at the table. There are usually 2 lines to wait in, one for reservations and one for no reservations. Enjoy your cruise. :)

We like to eat dinner early at a table for two, so we always use my time dining, but book as early as we can and a table for two. When we've booked in the cruise planner, it always asks how many we want at the table. There are usually 2 lines to wait in, one for reservations and one for no reservations. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Thanks , it's not asking me for table size

Just the people who need reservation, passengers, date and time

I was on a smaller ship, but they said the only way you'll get seated with others for my time is basically when you show up asking to be seated with each other. At least on that ship there was no surplus of people wanting to dine with others.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One of my first places I visit after boarding is the dinning room, to pick a table and make reservations for the whole trip. although I do my time dining I tend to eat at the same times in the evening which makes it easy to keep the same table and staff . If I'm not going to use the dinning room I always inform them the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks , it's not asking me for table size

Just the people who need reservation, passengers, date and time

With MTD, the system assumes you want a table no larger than the number of guests in the MTD reservation. If you want to be with others at a table, you tell the MTD host/hostess when you arrive for dinner.

It is like a restaurant that has reservation, but takes names for non-reservation walk ups.

You stand in line, if there are plenty of tables, they seat people in order. If they are short, those without reservations wait, those with reservations get seated.

I have never had to wait for more than maybe 5 minutes.

Also, if the waiter sees you in line, and recognizes you, they will grab you out of line and seat you.

Thanks ..

So how does the my time dining with reservations work ? no real difference between that and just showing without reservations have any possible wait time. we do like the option of keeping the same waist staff and that tends to happen more frequently with reservations.

Will there be still a line ? Guess there will be since many will have the time slot .. usually there are two lines.. one for people with reservations and one for people without. there is no real priority, as there are 5-10 people waiting to take you to a table. I THINK, based on half @ssed observations that they divide the dining room in half.. one side for ressies, one side for walk up.

How do they distinguish between parties with reservation and without ? Or in other words is there a point in having a reservation? if you gave a very large party( more than 4) or wish to stick with the same wait team the entire week, make reservations. otherwise.. wing it.

once, we had made reservations for fairly late, like 730, and got hungry earlier so showed up at about 645. we were given the option of being seated immediately at one of the big tables with just any old people or waiting about 20 minutes to be seated just us. we took the big table. it was.. okay. going forward we decided we preferred to either choose our own dining companions( which we have picked up during the week) or being seated at a 2 top. was just too awkward conversation wise.

For those of you who want a table for two, did you always find during the cruise you were able to get a table for two, or did they try to get you to sit with others? Did you find waiting for a table of two took longer than waiting for a larger table?

Out of the six nights we used MTD on our recent Harmony cruise, we almost immediately got a table for two on five of the nights. One night we had a choice of waiting for a two top (think it was like 15 minutes) or being immediately seated with others. I was actually impressed with the overall MTD process on the Harmony. Note: we did have a reservation for all nights we used MTD but I must admit that we were not always punctual.....

On Allure, there were 2 lines, one for those with reservations and one for those without. The reservations line moved a lot faster than the one without reservations.

We had 4 people in our party and a few nights we had 2 others with us that had reservations 15 minutes later than ours, but we were all in line and they seated us all together. The longest wait in line was on the 2nd formal night when lobster was served as more people went to dinner that night than the others.

For those of you who want a table for two, did you always find during the cruise you were able to get a table for two, or did they try to get you to sit with others? Did you find waiting for a table of two took longer than waiting for a larger table?

Outr experience has been that we would have had to wait longer to sit with others than if we wanted a table for two.

We've done MTD since our second cruise. I always make a reservation, and we go down whenever we like, sometimes a little earlier than the reservation if there is a show we want to attend after, and hand our card to the Maitre'D. We've never had an issue, and never waited longer than a minute or two. Our servers are always happy to see us. :)

I'll be cruising for my first time with RCI in January. My travel agent tells me that I was assigned to my time dining. They asked whether I wish to sit at a large table with others, or on my own. I replied that I would like to sit at a large table (I enjoy conversing with others). However, I would prefer to sit on my own rather than with just a couple or small family, as I feel that my presence would be intrusive. I don't mind dining on my own – I always have something with me to read.

Would you recommend that I make dining reservations, or just show up whenever I'm ready to eat and take my chances?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be cruising for my first time with RCI in January. My travel agent tells me that I was assigned to my time dining. They asked whether I wish to sit at a large table with others, or on my own. I replied that I would like to sit at a large table (I enjoy conversing with others). However, I would prefer to sit on my own rather than with just a couple or small family, as I feel that my presence would be intrusive. I don't mind dining on my own – I always have something with me to read.

Would you recommend that I make dining reservations, or just show up whenever I'm ready to eat and take my chances?

If you don't mind being tied to a specific time to eat, then I'd make reservations. At least that way you will have your own table if they cannot find you a large table to share with others in a reasonable amount of time.

As to the worry about being seated with smaller groups, they did agree to sitting with others ? Maybe you are worried that people are too polite to say no to sitting in a larger table ?

My understanding is that the seating preference is a 1:1 conversation and they can always say no

From what I have understood from the responses , people who agree for sharing a table are placed with like minded folks

As to the worry about being seated with smaller groups, they did agree to sitting with others ? Maybe you are worried that people are too polite to say no to sitting in a larger table ?

My understanding is that the seating preference is a 1:1 conversation and they can always say no

From what I have understood from the responses , people who agree for sharing a table are placed with like minded folks

On my last solo cruise where they had open seating (this was NCL), I told the host that I was willing to sit with others. He placed me at a table for four. No one ever came and sat at my table, so it was just a very awkward situation. In the future, I will make it clear that if there is not a large table available, I would prefer to sit on my own.

Hi. We have MTD. At the moment we are a family of 12 but we may end up being a family of 19-20. If all our ressies are linked and I make actual dining times, will they seat us together? I would want at least the current 12 of us at one table. Thanks.

We will be on Allure.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't ask for table size requests with MTD...they are assuming you want to eat with ONLY your party. It's rare for others in MTD to want to sit with others. If you enjoy tablemates, it's best to do traditional seating...ask for a large table!

If you have a LARGE party, 10-12 is about the max at one table....any larger and it's impossible to converse with everyone, and service will be slow!