Is Aqua Class worth upgrading to?

Nana57

I have a veranda on my upcoming cruise on the Eclipse. With the new upgrade system how much would you pay extra if it's offered on a sailing. Never have been in Aqua Class and would like to try it for Blu mostly. There are a few cabins left in Aqua Class, mid ship. I called on Friday and the agent at Celebrity told me to wait until Monday, as I might get an offer to upgrade as I am Elite. Thank you.

If you have a cabin in a good location, you may want to think twice. On our cruise, the Aqua cabins available were less than desirable in my opinion. Under the gym, etc. Check out locations carefully!

Aqua is pleasurable dining...just under fine and just over buffet and main.

HOWEVER, some nites the choices are limited and the MDR is offering much better. BUT acqua cannot server main food. OUCH

goofs up the kitchen planning I assume. But if they communicated more, who

knows?

So its a mixed bag...If you strongly prefer elegance, then blu is a better choice.

Aqua is pleasurable dining...just under fine and just over buffet and main.

HOWEVER, some nites the choices are limited and the MDR is offering much better. BUT acqua cannot server main food. OUCH

goofs up the kitchen planning I assume. But if they communicated more, who

knows?

So its a mixed bag...If you strongly prefer elegance, then blu is a better choice.

I'm still confused when people say that you can't get MDR food in Aqua Class. We just sailed in a suite and ate in Luminae (last month) and were offered anything off the Luminae menu or MDR. Likewise, the times we have sailed in AQ, we were able to order anything from MDR.

Michael

I'm still confused when people say that you can't get MDR food in Aqua Class. We just sailed in a suite and ate in Luminae (last month) and were offered anything off the Luminae menu or MDR. Likewise, the times we have sailed in AQ, we were able to order anything from MDR.

Michael

Luminae will try to cater to your every whim. In most cases, blu will not serve entrees from the mdr but they do have onion soup, escargot and some other appetizers available that aren't on their menu.

For us it would be about $300 total

That is a good offer. Once we had one of those real nice balcony rooms and we decided to keep it rather than upgrading to a higher category in a much less desirable location.

We were on the 14 day Holy Land cruise in Oct '14 on Silhouette and got an upgrade to AQ. Love the canapes in the afternoon and the juice/tea selections. Loved eating in Blu since it was quieter and food was great. Only problem and this is HUGE is that when they upgraded us we didnt realize the new cabin was just below the pool deck. I'm a very light sleeper and every night at 3 am I'd awaken by hearing them dragging the chairs on the deck. So I will never upgrade again unless I can be sure what cabin I will be given. That was my only complaint.

Teanne

I'm still confused when people say that you can't get MDR food in Aqua Class.... Likewise, the times we have sailed in AQ, we were able to order anything from MDR.

Michael

Then you have been lucky!

We sailed on Summit twice in AQ where the kitchen is supposedly shared with MDR and asked if we could have an entree from the MDR (outside the everyday selections) and were told No on both cruises!

We would value upgrading to AC from a balcony at $100 per person. Blu, for us, isn't any big deal and we'd probably only eat there if we were cruising AC with friends. The main thing I loved about AC was the bathroom spa upgrades. Don't know that they're worth $100 to most, but I enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Aqua class good points entrance to Persian gardens all cruise Millennium Ships in have more facilities than Solice

Being able to dine in Blue better service food and if you like wine, better Sommelier to discus what wine would suit

You can go to main dinning room some nights just for a change in select dinning without any problem

Cabins on Millennium class ships are bigger than normal balcony rooms

Bad points more expensive

Most Aqua class cabins on top passenger deck and you will always get a big overhang from the deck above this will stop the sun shinning on your balcony for quite a lot of the time if you like sun bathing on balcony

Probably the most glaring thing that no-one has mentioned is that dining in Blu is usually kid free. This is due to only two people being able to occupy an Aqua Class cabin so most families don't book two Aqua Class cabins.

I know that is a huge selling point for us. That and the ability to choose what time we dine, not having our dining time dictated.

Once we were upgraded to Aqua free because of a price drop. We were not very happy with the room location but enjoyed Blu very much. Would not upgrade to Aqua again for free depending on room location and would never pay extra for it since the Select Dining is available! In my opinion it is not worth the money. If you have a chance to try it I would say do it and form your own opinion.

Edited by diesel1973
mistake

As another posting has stated: there are pros and cons. We have done Aqua many times and enjoyed it till this year on the Silhouette TA in April. This was a 14 night cruise that proved what has been said about ccabin location. We were located under the Spa Cafe and it was noisey starting around 4am. Other guests complained about the deck chair noise and others about the gym overhead. These cabins are not a class above C1,C2, or even a C3. Check to see what is above before you choise an A1 or an A2.

Blu may be the assigned dining location, but the tables are on top of each other. As for suite passengers using it as (space available), that's not true either. There is a larger table on the right as you walk in that was reserved for a group from on of the suites and our group had to Wait. Plus beepers were vere much in style ala Cheese Cake Factory.

Now I do not know about the other S class ships but we personally will avoid Aqua on the Silhouette and next week (11/22 - 11/29) we are on the Silhouete again, but not in Aqua. We again will return to Aqua on the Eclipse in February, and then a b2b on the Equinox at a later date.

No you can not get mdrm mains in Blu, but you can customize things to your liking and your diet. Service is a step above the mdrm but again menu is more limited and has not been up dated since its inception.

Persian Gardens has also become over crowed as it is not only for Aqua, but the spa sells day and weekly passes to the rest of the ship with out imposing time restraints.

Bottom line: would I recommend Aqua, the answer is ....yes - but, price and location of your cabin of choice must be paramount.

Have a great time cruiseing where ever you go and whenever!

Hal

On the S class Luminae shares the kitchen with the MDR so very easy to serve MDR items. Blu has a separate kitchen, I believe on a different deck, so serving MDR menu in Blu is not workable. Blu does however serve some of the MDR frequently requested items eg, French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, french fries.

Whenever there is nothing on the Blu menu that appeals to me I have never had a problem getting a steak, grilled chicken or salmon.

We enjoy Blu, less noisey and hectic than MDR and a more creative menu-although we do think it is time for some changes to the menu.

We upgraded to Aqua on a cruise and loved BLU, but our cabin was no better than our original balcony cabin.

We booked the Eclipse TA October 2017 and Aqua was $500 pp extra, which is just too much for us.

I think we would go for it for $300 to $400 total.

Celebrity has cut this out for Aqua class, so the ONLY differentiation left is BLU.

I hadn't heard that daily water was cut from Aqua, but I strongly disagree that the only differentiation is Blu. There are things about Aquathat we missed even when sailing in a suite. The bathrooms in Aqua cabins have the jetted shower system and fog-free mirrors. There are also more toiletry items such as lip balm. Aqua rooms supply spa slippers and unlimited access to the Persian Garden area of the spa.

I hadn't heard that daily water was cut from Aqua, but I strongly disagree that the only differentiation is Blu. There are things about Aquathat we missed even when sailing in a suite. The bathrooms in Aqua cabins have the jetted shower system and fog-free mirrors. There are also more toiletry items such as lip balm. Aqua rooms supply spa slippers and unlimited access to the Persian Garden area of the spa.

The Persian Gardens are nice, but on a port intensive cruise, we wouldn't use them much.

Celebrity policy on the water changed last week. Only welcome water. No replenishment. See the website. Policy stinks but what can you do. We are on the Equinox currently and no water.

The website has indicated "Welcome bottled water" for many months already. Our recent 10/31TA on Silhouette was very generous with the water. Our family had 4 AQ staterooms and received bottles every day. At one point we had 5 on the counter.

I started a thread about the water when I saw that language..almost every response said it was still daily water..hoping not true it is limited for Equinox in Jan, but I believe we get water with the classic anyhow?..

Maybe Celeb Official can clarify..

Edited by hcat