More CCL agreed: FTTF Going to $59.95

MCFTJCH2V

For something that costs CCL nothing, a price increase is nothing more than an additional price grab.

All while reports continue to come in that they exceed the amount sold, as well as merging these passengers with those that actually earned it.

For something that costs CCL nothing, a price increase is nothing more than an additional price grab.

All while reports continue to come in that they exceed the amount sold, as well as merging these passengers with those that actually earned it.

Still worth every penny of it. I did not like FTTF. I was platinum. Annoyed me that others could buy early boarding.

Then my small grandchild sailed with me. I ate humble pie. Getting her on that ship quickly and easily was worth a lot to me.

I am a great fan of them.

There are costs associated with everything.

If not for FTTF there are at least two benefits that would not exist for Platinum and Diamond.

More people subsidizing my benefits increases the chances and ability that Carnival will expand my benefits. :)

There are costs associated with everything.

If not for FTTF there are at least two benefits that would not exist for Platinum and Diamond.

More people subsidizing my benefits increases the chances and ability that Carnival will expand my benefits. :)

I luckily just "grabbed" one last night for a June cruise and I gladly paid the extra $10, was excited just to see 1 available. But as long as it continues to be an option I will continue to try to purchase it until I too become platinum (which is getting closer). But I don't see where it takes anything away from that platinum status, from what everyone has clearly stated they have received additional perks as a result. So I'm glad I could contribute to this cause until I reach the "free" version of FTTF. :D

Simple supply and demand. If the market will pay it, the company will charge it. However, loyalty should still mean something.

Thanks for the info....was there a point you were trying to make?

Pricing is subjective and driven by demand.

I've only sailed three times and have purchased it every time. I also have it for the 4th cruise. I don't even know what it's like to sail without it. So with that being said, I'd probably pay over $100.00 for it. I assume it's extremely annoying having to lug your carry on around the ship until your room is ready. But then again, I don't know. Maybe it's not that bad after all?

assume it's extremely annoying having to lug your carry on around the ship until your room is ready. But then again, I don't know. Maybe it's not that bad after all?

We did it on our Liberty cruise. Wasn't that bad. We both had "overnight bag" - type duffel bags as our carryons, probably about 8-10 pounds each. Got on the ship around 2:00, had lunch at the Lido buffet, and by the time we were done we headed to the room and it was ready.

As a shareholder I think it is a smart business move.

I say charge $100.00 if people are willing to pay it! :)

Yep!

I honestly cannot see why everyone thinks it's so wonderful. If I weren't Platinum, there's no way I'd waste that money just to board early. And I certainly wouldn't pay extra just on the chance that I might need to go to the service and and didn't want to have to stand in line.

I just have so many other things I can spend $60 on when I cruise!

Yep!

I honestly cannot see why everyone thinks it's so wonderful. If I weren't Platinum, there's no way I'd waste that money just to board early. And I certainly wouldn't pay extra just on the chance that I might need to go to the service and and didn't want to have to stand in line.

Especially when one calculates how many hours they have to work to make that $60, vs how much time they save.

Yep!

Me too. I think I've only boarded early 2 or 3 times since becoming Platinum. We usually just arrive at port between 12:30 and 1:00 and walk right on the ship with no line and no waiting.

The best post I saw was that someone bought it so they can easily drop their luggage filled with soda and water without having to lug it around.

What is so funny, is that they paid $50.00 for this "perk" but yet brought soda on to "save" money. I fell over laughing! Why not just buy a soda package instead.

It's silly of how many people pay for something that is free.

We already purchased FTTF for our Aug 9th Magic sailing--now that the price has gone up will they still honor it or are we screwed. I actually looked yesterday and yes the price had gone up but there were also none available. will the one we purchased for the $49.95 still work?? and by the way we purchased it so we can get aboard the ship sooner so we can hopefully book the Behind the Fun Tour before it's sold out.

We already purchased FTTF for our Aug 9th Magic sailing--now that the price has gone up will they still honor it or are we screwed. I actually looked yesterday and yes the price had gone up but there were also none available. will the one we purchased for the $49.95 still work?? and by the way we purchased it so we can get aboard the ship sooner so we can hopefully book the Behind the Fun Tour before it's sold out.

nope, you are good... they can't increase the price on you once you purchase it.

Coincidence that this price hike occurs shortly after members of CC were questioning why the price wasn't higher?

Of course a business is going to increase the price of something that perpetually sold out and still sought, daily, by those without.

Of course a business is going to increase the price of something that perpetually sold out and still sought, daily, by those without.

Stop being reasonable. :p

I'm astounded at how little comprehension there seems to be about the basic concepts of supply and demand.

It isn't rocket science, people!

Long before I was Platinum, I simply arrived at the port early and boarded early. Yes, I had to keep my carry-on with me. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

I, too, have to shake my head at the comments that people purchase it to drop off their luggage filled with soft drinks and water that they're lugging onto the ship. Yes, quite a savings, isn't it? ;)

I'm sorry but I don't get what the big deal is over getting on the ship sooner than everyone else. For people who actually need help boarding sooner (disabled, wheelchair, etc.) they should not have to stand on line and wait and then be challenged to walk as fast as everyone else.

I'd rather board a little later, go eat lunch in the buffet and then go to my ready cabin. So, if it means I carry my "carry-ons" with me, so be it. If you sail with RCCL, you cannot get to your cabin prior to 1:30 PM to drop off your luggage no matter what your status is.

Many of my sailings did not have a tender port nor did I need to go to Customer Service for help. I learned many years ago that the best time to go to Customer Service is very late at night (after midnight) when there are no long lines.

Also, I sail with others who each arrive from different points in NYC and we meet at the entrance and then all check in together. Due to traffic conditions or other unplanned delays, we can be waiting at the entrance as long as an hour before our cabin members all arrive and we check in.

My concern is having my cabin ready after lunch. I keep what I need to use and even my clothing I will wear the first night in my carry on. This allows me to take a shower, change and get ready even if my luggage gets delayed. We then go to the life boat drill and watch the sail away as one or more of us unpack in the cabin. For us, this works.

Once we arrive at the port, our vacation starts. It doesn't matter what happened prior to arriving or what If we have to wait on line (which in NYC tends not to be such a long wait), we spend the time chatting with each other or with others on the line.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

The best post I saw was that someone bought it so they can easily drop their luggage filled with soda and water without having to lug it around.

What is so funny, is that they paid $50.00 for this "perk" but yet brought soda on to "save" money. I fell over laughing! Why not just buy a soda package instead.

It's silly of how many people pay for something that is free.

In that case..if that was the only reason(doubt it was) it wasnt really worth it. But personally..I would never call anyone silly for spending money on something that is worth it to them.