Size of Cabins

cinycat

Can anyone confirm the size of the Riviera A and B verandah suites. I know that they are 282 sq feet but that also includes the deck. Does anyone know the internal dimensions?

Same questions for a Regatta Penthouse. I know that it is 332 sq feet. What is deducted for the balcony?

Trying to make up our minds about booking our Caribbean cruise and I'm travelling with my sister. We are Ok with a Regatta type Penthouse suite but I know that the regular regatta suites are a bit too cozy for the two of us.

Any help would be appreciated.

On the O class ships I would guess the A & B cabin balconies are approx 4 X 8 with the exception of the few B3' s that are approx 12 x 8

Guessing they will be approx 240 sq ft

photos of extended balcony 7114

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36751669&postcount=11

Edited by LHT28

But - how much of that is actual "living space" and how much is the bathroom (which is very nice but huge due to the tub)?

We have sailed both Journey and Quest on Azamara ( R ships) and Marina (O), both in Concierge. The living space on the Marina is very close to that of the R ships. The bathrooms seem to have most of the additional room on the O ships, which was a disappointment IMO.

Hope this helps.

Just spent 17 days in a B1. It is more than adequate for two. Would probably be fine with the bed separated, but would eat up a little space.

I'm one of the people that feel that the tub is a waste of space and the shower should have been a bit larger, and the balance of the space used in the room. Then on the other hand my wife loves the tub, so I think it was a great idea;)

But, if you can swing it go ahead and do the PH.

Just spent 17 days in a B1. It is more than adequate for two. Would probably be fine with the bed separated, but would eat up a little space.

I'm one of the people that feel that the tub is a waste of space and the shower should have been a bit larger, and the balance of the space used in the room. Then on the other hand my wife loves the tub, so I think it was a great idea;)

But, if you can swing it go ahead and do the PH.

Hated the tub in the O ships.The closet is in a very bad place. I think they could have added more sq. footage to the state room or made it a walk in closet, if they took out the bathtub.IMO people over a certain age would not find it prudent or wise to step into a bath tub and risk breaking a hip or leg or arm while the ship is rocking and rolling at sea.

Hated the tub in the O ships.The closet is in a very bad place. I think they could have added more sq. footage to the state room or made it a walk in closet, if they took out the bathtub.IMO people over a certain age would not find it prudent or wise to step into a bath tub and risk breaking a hip or leg or arm while the ship is rocking and rolling at sea.

+1

IMO the tub is a waste of space that could be utilized much better (such as bigger shower or walk in closet or more cabin space).

Does anyone know if there are any A or B level cabins that might have a bit more interior space than others? This is for Riviera. I know, for instance, that 9002 has a bigger verandah than some of the others because it sticks out further. Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know if there are any A or B level cabins that might have a bit more interior space than others? This is for Riviera. I know, for instance, that 9002 has a bigger verandah than some of the others because it sticks out further. Thanks for any info.

All of the A and B cabins are the same size. Some of them have verandas which are larger because of the configuration of the ship, but those are mostly down on deck 7, and none of them are on Deck 9.

The Veranda of 9002, by the way, is irregularly shaped because it adjoins the back of the Vista Suite which is just forward of it, but the additional space is not really useable:

235104.jpg It is not one of the extended veranda cabins which I would recommend.

+3. More cabin space so my husband and I both can access the closet and storage areas at the same time.

You can't please everyone

I'd rather have a tub than a butler.

One of the reasons (minor but a factor) we are sailing on Seabourn is that all the suites have tubs.

Just off Riviera. I loved the tub and actually preferred the shower in the tub space when I didn't have time for the bath:) thought closet space was plentiful and had plenty of living space. We kinda used the sofa for our back packs and bags cause it was handy to have them available but could have found space if we wanted to put them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Riviera. I loved the tub and actually preferred the shower in the tub space when I didn't have time for the bath:) thought closet space was plentiful and had plenty of living space. We kinda used the sofa for our back packs and bags cause it was handy to have them available but could have found space if we wanted to put them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you in a veranda suite A or B ?

All of the A and B cabins are the same size. Some of them have verandas which are larger because of the configuration of the ship, but those are mostly down on deck 7, and none of them are on Deck 9.

The Veranda of 9002, by the way, is irregularly shaped because it adjoins the back of the Vista Suite which is just forward of it, but the additional space is not really useable:

235104.jpg It is not one of the extended veranda cabins which I would recommend.

Actually I quite liked this. I found it to be really quite useful. First of all, I could stand at the edge when we were moving away from the dock and got a great view. Second, they brought me a lounge chair, which was delightful. I would do this cabin again in a heartbeat.

Actually I quite liked this. I found it to be really quite useful. First of all, I could stand at the edge when we were moving away from the dock and got a great view. Second, they brought me a lounge chair, which was delightful. I would do this cabin again in a heartbeat.

205706.jpg

Because of the limited size of the veranda, if you managed to get a single lounge chair out there, they would have to remove the existing chairs and cocktail table.

IMG_7965.JPG you're far better off on deck 7.

• 2 weeks later...

When we were on the Marina, I found the shower to be very poorly designed. If you were 6 feet tall, the rainfall shower was right over your head. I understand that this was addressed on the Riviera and they were going to retrofit the new design on the Marina. Did this ever happen? I agree that I felt the tub was a waste. Too much space was taken away from the living area. We were able to fit more in the cabins on the R class and even our 160 sq. ft. river cruise cabin. Nicely appointed but poorly designed.

When we were on the Marina, I found the shower to be very poorly designed. If you were 6 feet tall, the rainfall shower was right over your head. I understand that this was addressed on the Riviera and they were going to retrofit the new design on the Marina. Did this ever happen? I agree that I felt the tub was a waste. Too much space was taken away from the living area. We were able to fit more in the cabins on the R class and even our 160 sq. ft. river cruise cabin. Nicely appointed but poorly designed.

I'm 6' 1" and my head almost hit the rainfall shower head in a B1 room on Riviera. I couldn't imagine it being closer. You also had to be very careful where your elbows were when washing your hair as to not hit them on the wire rack soap dish. It is extremely tight quarters for a large person.

I'm 6' 1" and my head almost hit the rainfall shower head in a B1 room on Riviera. I couldn't imagine it being closer. You also had to be very careful where your elbows were when washing your hair as to not hit them on the wire rack soap dish. It is extremely tight quarters for a large person.

Even for relatively short people (5'4" and 5'10" respectively), we found the shower uncomfortably small and claustrophobic. After the first day, we used the shower in the bathtub and used the shower stall for our dirty clothes hamper. Do wish they had put the shower head in the center of the wall instead of the corner though.

I just spent 34 days in 7002... We had 2 chase lounges, a table, and 2 chairs...

The view astern was as good as one gets from the nav. bridge. The large partition forward ( and from the other 4 cabins) created a perfect wind baffle and we could sit out in all sorts of weather and seas...

The veranda has more usable space than the ones the penthouses have !!! Twice to 3 times more useable than regular verandas. In fact many a day we sat out many times when the wind or spray would make all the other verandas un unusable

All the other verandas stop 10 feet before the edge of the ships hull 9002 extends al the way out to it !!! Going through the Panama canal I could run my fingers along the top of the canal 6 inches away.... and was eyeball to eyeball even and 5 ft away from the tugs towing us.... I coud have easiy stepped off and walked next to the ship....

After a solid month living in 7002, Sailing from Tahiti to New York I reached the conclusion that I would not trade it for even a penthouse ( which once temped me ) All the cabins above me on deck 8-9-10 were all smaller and smaller with more and more shade and less and less view.... Deck 7 is heaven and B is for Me !!

Edited by Hawaiidan
errot in cabin