Easiest way to bring soda onboard

1sttimecreuzer

What is the easiest way to bring a case of soda on board..we have five people going, and this has to be a budget trip..trying to figure out a way to do this with the least hassle. Boarding the Pride in 1 week :) Also, are you allowed to bring in a canned drink in the MDR? Thank you for your help!

What is the easiest way to bring a case of soda on board..we have five people going, and this has to be a budget trip..trying to figure out a way to do this with the least hassle. Boarding the Pride in 1 week :) Also, are you allowed to bring in a canned drink in the MDR? Thank you for your help!

You have to carry on all of your soda. If you are taking 5 12-packs, I would get one of those wheeled carriers or use a suitcase, so that you can pull it instead of having to carry it all.

Yes, you can take your cans wherever you wish. If you ask nicely, your waiter will bring you a glass of ice for it :)

The easiest way is to buy it in from the funshops online before you sail..it gets delivered to your cabin.

yes, you can bring in can drinks to the MDR. Dont forget to ask the waiter for a cup of ice.

True, that is the easiest, but OP mentioned that they were trying to be budget-friendly. IMO, the Fun Shops sodas are expensive.

Strap it onto your suitcase with a bungee cord

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The sodas have to be with your carry-ons, not your checked luggage. And at some ports, they do open your 12 can cartons to ensure none of the cans have been tampered with. So you might bring some duct tape to tape them close again, or you might be dropping cans as you walk around the ship :-)

Sent from my Galaxy 4

Edited by Raxter54

Strap it onto your suitcase with a bungee cord

We have rolling tote bags and would bungee cord the boxes of soda to them if we were carrying them on. Take a roll of tape to re-close the boxes since they'll likely inspect to see that it's cans of soda without any booze hidden inside. :D

True, that is the easiest, but OP mentioned that they were trying to be budget-friendly. IMO, the Fun Shops sodas are expensive.

Holy smokes - I hadn't priced them out before! $10 for a six pack? In the 'grand scheme of things' I get this is a small price in the overall vacation budget, but I think I'd really need the convenience to be swayed. Might as well get Bottomless Bubbles at that point.

Can the cases be in one carry-on or does each person in a group have to carry a case separately? My husband and I plan to use one carry-on next cruise.

We've taken ours all together in one bag since we were walking together. Nobody cared.

Buy it from Walgreens, 7-Eleven, or some convenience store before you get on the ship. 1 twelve pack per passenger. Sometimes they open the carton to inspect that they are in fact pop cans and not beer cans and some times they dont open them. They have tape to tape back up the cartons, this is nothing new to Carnival check in and dont just open the cartons and leave you left to carry on opened cartons dumping cans along the way while getting on the ship. Depending on port your leaving out of, Miami didnt even break ours open to inspect them.

Buy pop in cans, Not bottles, they will not let you take glass or plastic bottle on-board.

Oh and when I say 1 twelve pack per passenger, thats for each in your group and 1 person in your group can carry it on. they dont care. I carried both of our 12 packs on myself when me and my wife went on our cruise. i carried 2 and wife carried 0.

Edited by Jeepenfun

We usually take one small roller suitcase and are able to fit 3 12 packs of soda in there which we carry on with us. :) So for 5 people, maybe two small roller suitcases?

We've taken canned drinks into the MDR before and never had anybody say anything to us.

Holy smokes - I hadn't priced them out before! $10 for a six pack? In the 'grand scheme of things' I get this is a small price in the overall vacation budget, but I think I'd really need the convenience to be swayed. Might as well get Bottomless Bubbles at that point.

We've taken ours all together in one bag since we were walking together. Nobody cared.

I buy the $10 six pack. I booked my next cruise over a year in advance and paying for small things like soda and water upfront makes it fewer things to worry about closer to cruise time.

We were on the Pride this summer and took our three twelve packs in a rolling suitcase. We put it up on the table and unzipped it for security. They took each twelve pack out, opened it, took all the cans out to check, put them all back in, then taped up the packs for us. He zipped up our suitcase for us and even helped us get it off the table. He checked our wine bottles also. We were really impressed with the check in process in Baltimore....smoothest we've ever encountered and that was with a 5 year old in tow!!