Can no longer search for specific cabin

When you do look for a cabin, they also have different pricing between the Forward, Mid ship and Aft sections now in the same category. Anyone else notice that?

Mary Anne

I noticed that yesterday. It sucks. I used to be "loyal to Royal". Will still sail them, but not loyal anymore. Too many pricing gimmicks.

Not being able to search for a specific cabin bothers me too. I'm very picky. Sure hope it's just an IT glitch.

I can't believe a company the size of Royal that depends on a website for a tremendous amount of its business continues to drastically change their interface with the public multiple times a year.

Now I can't make a simple cabin number search?

Royal really wants me spending an hour talking to a CSA going through 15 cruises checking cabins. Something I did at home in 15 minutes and not costing Royal a dime.

Looks like the "Hold" is completely gone too.....

Totally agree Shelton, it boggles the mind.:confused:

I can't believe a company the size of Royal that depends on a website for a tremendous amount of its business continues to drastically change their interface with the public multiple times a year.

Now I can't make a simple cabin number search?

Royal really wants me spending an hour talking to a CSA going through 15 cruises checking cabins. Something I did at home in 15 minutes and not costing Royal a dime.

Looks like the "Hold" is completely gone too.....

I agree- hopefully it is just another glitch and will be fixed soon

Edited by molly361

I did not want to start a new thread. Just a quick question. It is after final payment...so I know there will be no OBC for price drops...but..if someone in our party wants to change cabins from a D4 to a D1, is this considered and upgrade and allowed?

I did not want to start a new thread. Just a quick question. It is after final payment...so I know there will be no OBC for price drops...but..if someone in our party wants to change cabins from a D4 to a D1, is this considered and upgrade and allowed?

Yes, that would be an upgrade, and is allowed.

Me being a person that have booked every cruise we have taken online, I must say that this really sucks! I was just online the other day looking at some cruises and it hadn't changed yet but went to take a look when I saw this thread and I could see all the rooms for the category I was interested in but now it is only showing maybe 3 rooms in that category per deck. It must be a glitch like the payment tab glitch a week or so ago!

Edited by bigque

If we cannot select a specific stateroom number, how do we change sub categories? Like going from a D2 to a D3?

When you do look for a cabin, they also have different pricing between the Forward, Mid ship and Aft sections now in the same category. Anyone else notice that?

Mary Anne

It would surprise me if they had different prices for the same exact category stateroom.

That is how one finds out the difference category in the same class of cabin pricing. Sometimes you can also see higher pricing for different decks in the same section of the ship or when you select a deck other higher cost category options can show. The higher price option should be a higher cabin category but I've also seen more than one category being offered at the same cost or a higher category at a lower cost.

The latter is not new as in the past on RCI and other cruise lines we've booked a higher category at a lower cost since that higher category's availability was way better. RC priced it so a cabin in that category would be the logical one selected. One can still go with the lower category if a specific cabin that showed available was wanted so it would cost more.

Edited by robtulipe

Anyone else getting follow-up emails after mock bookings? I don't get them for every mock booking but some times I don't login either.

Did%20you%20forget_zpsx7s4asa7.jpg

Yes, I am getting them even without logging in or supplying a C&A number. RCI seems to think that I forgot to complete the booking and sends me reminders.

Anyone else getting follow-up emails after mock bookings? I don't get them for every mock booking but some times I don't login either.

Did%20you%20forget_zpsx7s4asa7.jpg

I've been getting these as well. Then a day later I got an email that my "courtesy hold" had expired [emoji848] seeing as that option has been gone for awhile, I'm not quite sure what I did to prompt an actual courtesy hold....

My checks on the website now bring a "didn't find what you were looking for?" email.

Are you logged in when you check the website? If not, I would guess they are using cookies to identify people.

If you look at other sites e.g. bestpricecruises dot com you can select a cabin category and then when you click on any cabin choice a deck plan opens up with blinking lights on all available rooms for that deck.

I hope I'm not disobeying some rule by mentioning the website.:confused:

It would surprise me if they had different prices for the same exact category stateroom.

They don't appear to, but what we're seeing is if we select a generic category like Superior Balcony, it brings up a very Carnival-looking screen that shows an outline of the ship. If they select midship for you and you want forward or aft, there can be a +$XXX price listed. When you click on that, it gives you a different category stateroom entirely (i.e. D8 becomes a D6).

I have yet to figure out how to tell it that I want a D2 on Deck 8. It tells me what they're going to give me, and there's no way to do any searching after that.

... I have yet to figure out how to tell it that I want a D2 on Deck 8. It tells me what they're going to give me, and there's no way to do any searching after that.

That's my problem, how do I check the price of a specific category if that category does not show up when I click on the ship.

That's my problem, how do I check the price of a specific category if that category does not show up when I click on the ship.

I'm having the same problem. Chose Superior balcony cabin and it gives +/- for different areas of the ship. On Anthem right now, and got a quote for 2 of $3,382.20 for a D7 cabin 9560 for 12 nite Anthem cruising the Carib. for Jan. 28, '18. Went on a TA website that I use and are able to identify specific cabin (9560) and I get a price of $3,277.20. Don't know why the difference of $105.

Ps. Inclusive of the D+ balcony discount.

I quit trying to book through Royal's website several years ago. Every time they "improved" it, it got more difficult.:mad:

I always book online though the travel department of my favorite big box store that starts with a C and ends with an O. I can search for specific cabins and when I do book I get some nice OBCs through them as well. Their website is also easier to use to check for price drops.

Another nice thing about C***O's website is that I can search several cruise lines at once, valuable if all you want is a transatlantic in the spring since every cruise line crossing will show up and I can comparison shop.

BTW, to see what everyone is talking about, I just tried to do a booking through Royal's website, and it is worse than ever. They should stop letting the IT kids sit at the big table and justify their jobs by making "improvements". All the IT department needs is a man and a dog. The man is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the man if he tries to touch anything. ;)

Bob

Royal knows what's best for you. They don't like us passengers thinking too much.

SA

The best website for looking at cabins is C..... ?? Big box

It lets you pick the category you want and shows available cabins on each floor.

I would love to see Royal use the same format.

I pick my room and then go to Royal to book.