Can no longer search for specific cabin

Hi,

Maybe it's just me but I found today I can no longer search for a specific cabin. Normally I would do a mock booking, select a cabin class and let the software assign a cabin. When the Cruise Summary popped up the word 'edit' is next to the cabin assigned. When I clicked on it a box would show where you could type in the cabin number to check if it was open. I would do that cause sometimes not all the open cabins show.

Well now when I click on edit, it just has the list of cabins again and no box to type in a cabin number.

Anyone else having the problem? :confused:

Yes, I am finding the same issue. It was like this last week when I booked a cruise. Though a week or two before that when I was doing mock bookings I was able to type in cabin numbers.

It like every time they take an IT step forward, they follow it with two steps back. :(

Hi,

Maybe it's just me but I found today I can no longer search for a specific cabin. Normally I would do a mock booking, select a cabin class and let the software assign a cabin. When the Cruise Summary popped up the word 'edit' is next to the cabin assigned. When I clicked on it a box would show where you could type in the cabin number to check if it was open. I would do that cause sometimes not all the open cabins show.

Well now when I click on edit, it just has the list of cabins again and no box to type in a cabin number.

Anyone else having the problem? :confused:

Deleted

Edited by Ourusualbeach

When you do look for a cabin, they also have different pricing between the Forward, Mid ship and Aft sections now in the same category. Anyone else notice that?

Mary Anne

It would surprise me if they had different prices for the same exact category stateroom.

Disappointed to see this change. Guess I'll just have to call in to check on availability of a specific cabin. More hassle to book, but so what else is new with RCI......

Plenty of third party websites with better user interfaces.

Plenty of third party websites with better user interfaces.

Agreed, Bob and I've been on the Royal UK site and didn't really like. I was just getting used to the USA site "enhancements" and then, poof, this happens. If I found an available room using the UK site, I'd still have to call into Royal to book that specific room anyway. Not a big deal, I just liked the other option on the US site before this change.

Edited by Johnamac123

When you do look for a cabin, they also have different pricing between the Forward, Mid ship and Aft sections now in the same category. Anyone else notice that?

Mary Anne

Guessing they hired a Carnival web site guy. Looks a lot like that.

John

I can't believe a company the size of Royal that depends on a website for a tremendous amount of its business continues to drastically change their interface with the public multiple times a year.

Now I can't make a simple cabin number search?

Royal really wants me spending an hour talking to a CSA going through 15 cruises checking cabins. Something I did at home in 15 minutes and not costing Royal a dime.

Looks like the "Hold" is completely gone too.....