Another cut by royal caribbean ?

If it's as bad as what they had on the Brilliance in April you didn't miss anything....to me french toast has always been bread dipped in an egg & milk mixture...what I had on Brilliance was more like grilled bread...no coating at all...YUK!

Maybe they just had a bad week but I didn't see any French toasts at the buffet during breakfast.

Independence of the seas

[ATTACH]349172[/ATTACH]

I did see some on Freedom 2 weeks ago. The terrible ;) thing was while they had both sides of the WJ open, they only had bacon at one station! :eek:

If it's as bad as what they had on the Brilliance in April you didn't miss anything....to me french toast has always been bread dipped in an egg & milk mixture...what I had on Brilliance was more like grilled bread...no coating at all...YUK!

French toast has always been better in the MDR - made with proper thick cut bread and if the chef's special have had it with sliced almonds on top.

mcatmcat,

There has been French Toast in the Windjammers on each of our cruises this year.

If there is something you don't see - ask the WJ manager. Why wait until you get home to ask?

Edited by Scotty G

Maybe they were substituting something else in. If it was me I would have asked a kitchen staff, just to make sure I wasn't missing it.

By the way if you ever see french toast sticks, those are totally different to me. They slice up the bread into sticks, dip it and then deep fried it instead of pan fry. Seemed like something off a kids menu.

Maybe they just had a bad week but I didn't see any French toasts at the buffet during breakfast.

Independence of the seas

[ATTACH]349172[/ATTACH]

I didn't either and I don't eat it much but I was looking for it last week. :(

I had either French toast or waffles every morning on both of my recent Indy cruises. I always go to the back of WJ and they will be on both of the free standing serving areas. They also will have both turkey and pork sausage, but they did have them mislabeled once. Also had bacon there.

since i always go to the back, i do not look to see what is offered in the other serving areas. Maybe, they do not have it there.

But. as an earlier poster said, if you do not see what you want, at least ask.

Edited by mo&fran

French toast has always been better in the MDR - made with proper thick cut bread and if the chef's special have had it with sliced almonds on top.

Must have been the same cook in the WJ & the MDR as I had it both places...and it was terrible in both places....also had it in Chops and it was the same....guess RC must have changed their receipe...:(

mcatmcat,

There has been French Toast in the Windjammers on each of our cruises this year.

If there is something you don't see - ask the WJ manager. Why wait until you get home to ask?

We asked, they told us the same story day by day. " oh we made waffles today, French toasts will be tomorrow "

We stopped asking by day 3

And we have another entrant it the "Exaggerated Thread Title" Competition :eek:

LOL - you're so right. Hardly think not having bread dipped in a little egg and milk to be a cutback.

LOL - you're so right. Hardly think not having bread dipped in a little egg and milk to be a cutback.

No offense but 2 pieces of chocolate by the pillow was to them a cutback. I guess they now are saving eggs and milk :-)

Maybe they were substituting something else in. If it was me I would have asked a kitchen staff, just to make sure I wasn't missing it.

By the way if you ever see french toast sticks, those are totally different to me. They slice up the bread into sticks, dip it and then deep fried it instead of pan fry. Seemed like something off a kids menu.

I am not into French toast much at all....but French toast sticks would interest me, especially if they have lots of cinnamon on them.

:rolleyes: Welp, guess I will now make it a point to bookmark this thread quality control the French Toast in both the WJ & MDR on Liberty's May 30th sailing and report back with my extensively detailed findings.

Thanks, cruisecritics. You never fail to give me little details to put to the test.

Deep frying gets a bad rap. Sometimes it is the very best way of accomplishing the intention. (And with the amount of fat used in pan frying aboard ship, combined with the large size, and therefore heat retention capacity, of deep fryers, deep frying may not only be the better cookery, it may also be less unhealthy.) Edited by bicker

:rolleyes: Welp, guess I will now make it a point to bookmark this thread quality control the French Toast in both the WJ & MDR on Liberty's May 30th sailing and report back with my extensively detailed findings.

Thanks, cruisecritics. You never fail to give me little details to put to the test.

We wait seriously holding our breath for you extensive report on French Toast. (LOL) ENJOY!