Broadway show on Anthem

It was announced that We Will Rock You by Queen will be the broadway show on Anthem.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/cruises/cruise-news-royal-caribbeans-quantum-4124023

Personally I was hoping that Mama Mia would be on both ships.

I saw We Will Rock You in London a few years ago. Great show, not sure it's right for a cruise ship.

May I be one of those negative people excoriated by leisuretraveler223, but I am going to say...................

YUCK.

I am TOTALLY a "show" person. On Broadway, on local stages, on cruise ships, back in school. This news just leaves me saying "yuck".

Your turn.

:D

May I be one of those negative people excoriated by leisuretraveler223, but I am going to say...................

YUCK.

I am TOTALLY a "show" person. On Broadway, on local stages, on cruise ships, back in school. This news just leaves me saying "yuck".

Your turn.

:D

I will trade your "yuck" for my Cats.

YUCK.

Rest assured....you are not alone.

I saw We Will Rock You in London a few years ago. Great show, not sure it's right for a cruise ship.

Agree. We also saw it in London, and not sure it has as broad an appeal for a cruise. Jersey Boys would have been more fitting for a ship based out of Bayonne...

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Let me add my YUCK!. RCI is trending younger in it's entertainment appeal; everytime we go on an Oasis class ship we like the singers and entertainers less then the previous time.

If we wanted over-amped Rock we would go on Carnival and NCL and bring ear plugs.:D

Yuck from me too. Will definitely be giving that show a miss when we go on Anthem next year. I can obviously see it appealing to the Queen fans (like my husband) but it's not my cup of tea at all. We'll have to go our separate ways that evening :eek:

I am not a huge Queen fan but did go to London to see the show and thought it was brilliant.

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but will be looking forward to seeing something different. We went on Independance 3 times and each time it was the same shows and we got bored of them.

Yes the music will probably be loud but along with Mama Mia which is going on Quantum they are good audience participation shows as most people know the songs and will sing along to them.

Good choice I think and I'm sure there will be lots of other venues if it really isn't for you.

Just my view :-)

I wonder if We Will Rock You and Mama Mia are playing based on where the ship leaves from?

So, when Quantum in leaving from New Jersey, she will be playing Mama Mia, and when Anthem leaves from the UK, she will host We Will Rock You.

Maybe the stage designs are flexible enough to be changed out with some amount of ease.

There's not a huge set for Mama Mia, and I haven't seen We Will Rock You, but I'm wondering if it's the same.

This way, when Anthem returns to the UK (Thought I read somewhere that it will go back again in the Spring), they can once again play We Will Rock You.

There are a lot of people that are saying "yuck", but of those, I wonder who has this opinion after seeing the show in London?

I'm not thrilled with the choice, but that's not based on having seen the show in London. It's because I'm from New York, and there are so many amazing Broadway Shows out there that I'd rather see.

We Will Rock You (and pretty much any music act, turned broadway show) are just not my cup of tea (although I hear Jersey Boys was really good).