Tropical Storm Cindy - Liberty of the Seas

CCC3

It is officially a tropical storm. It was an extremely rocky ride most of yesterday! "In the Air" was cancelled due to the ship's rocking and is suppose to go on tonight. Today was a port day, and it rained a bit, on & off but it didn't seem to deter anyone. I haven't heard any announcements, but tomorrow is supposed to be Grand Cayman and then Jamaica on Thursday. Are these ports even an option, at this point? I'm concerned, as Galveston/Houston are expecting flooding. Your thoughts...?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't worry. The captain will not take you through a bad storm. They may change the itenarary and head to a different port if necessary. Last year on the Liberty, a storm was headed to our destination of Roatan and they changed the itenaray and went to Nassau instead.

Absolutely!! The ports make no difference to me...I was on here to relax & spend time with my family. I just am not wanting to get up close & personal with TS Cindy...like the Anthem did with another TS a year or so ago! What a mess! Any idea what might happen, if Galveston & the gulf coast floods?

As I suggested to you before, RELAX AND ENJOY. A tropical storm is normally no big deal and it is followed closely by Hurricane Center and Weather Channel. Not like a tornado which gives a few minutes or seconds of warning. Have lived in Florida since 1961 and have been thru many tropical storms and a few hurricanes and no comparions to tornado.

The captain has all under control. Anthem captain did not have correct weather information according to the reports I read at the time. Please, stop worrying about the weather. Enjoy your family time and your cruise.

At this point, the TS is being reported to stay on the east side of Houston. Which is a good thing as the 'dirty' side of all of these storms are always on the rH side or the east side of the storm. We'll get rain (Houston) but unless the pattern suddenly changes, I don't see heavy flooding etc.

Not an issue unless you left a car in the parking lot.

Things look pretty good so far, but it is still too early to be certain of the storm's impact.

Not that it is likely to happen - but just to answer your question - if Galveston is not accessible, they will take you to the nearest port and arrange transportation.

It's supposed to reach Galveston tomorrow morning so they will have any mess taken care of by Sunday for sure. It's 'only' a tropical storm, and I don't see it strengthening into anything else at this point.

Its supposed to hit on the Louisiana border on Thursday so it should already be past you and Jamaica, then it'll be completely gone from Galveston by Sunday....you have nothing to worry about. Even if Galveston does get heavy rain, it will be drained by then.

I'd be very surprised if they even change your route, certainly no changes to the ports.

We actually DO have a car parked...not exactly at the port, but down the road away. It's in a covered garage, hoping when it hits Galveston, things don't flood.

Absolutely! Most of the bad stuff will be west of where the center hits land.

No. The worst impacts in any tropical storm or hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere are in the right front quadrant east of the eyewall.

No. The worst impacts in any tropical storm or hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere are in the right front quadrant east of the eyewall.

That's right. I'm easily confused! I meant east of Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is also likely they could just cancel the ports altogether.

And replace them with more "seadays"......

Not very likely in this case since this TS is not near those ports and will cross into TX/LA tomorrow and should be far away from Galveston by Sat.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

Didn't I hear on the 6pm news they were bracing in New Orleans, Alabama, and N. FL?

Rain was the main concern if I heard correctly.

I heard the same thing. Sounds like Galveston might be okay.