Say it ain't so!!!

david_sobe

That's on Getaway???

Wow. Pretty bad. Avoid whatever that kind of show is. Ick. That's why we stopped going on CCL.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Lucky they did not do this on the Breakaway when i was on the ship. I also find throwing anything in the air like the balloon or a ball is bad too, a few years ago, i almost got hit in the face with someone trying to grab the ball that was being passed around

Wow listen to all these post when did NCL become the geritall cruise line. Lighten up people if its to loud your to old if you don't like it don't go. I for one am not into it but I would never flame those who were remember everything old eventually becomes new again. Now bring back buster Piondexters hot hot hot and horse racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is wrong with you people?

They played this song on the Dawn and when then did - people felt good. Excited. Happy.

Some real Debbie Downers on here today. Let people have fun.

LOL That was similar to my thought. Or even better, just don't go to the welcome aboard show. I'd no idea that anything like this was even going on.

Unfortunately a simple and fun thread always turns personal for some on Cruise Critic. It was meant to be funny. It was about the song that is very annoying IMHO and so related to Carnival cruise lines. How much so? Even one poster said she guessed the song without even playing the link.

No one ever accused anyone of not having fun or enjoying themselves. Geeze Louise!

No one was making fun of anyone. It was a simple and light hearted thread. But I sometimes forget that some here have no sense of humor and start attacking the ones that do. The Debbie Downers are the ones that have no sense of humor and freak out over a music thread.

Have fun....tell the world :)

Edited by david_sobe

Listen, so long as they aren't singing "Leaving on a fun ship" (cover of "Leaving on a jet plane") all is well.

Heck I still really enjoy Disney at 40 (as does my wife and 14 yo daughter), so what do I know.

Edited by JasonV1

Geeze folks... relax...

I knew the song before hitting the link too... and I dislike Carnival. I am sure I would have held it together had I been on this sailing.. (I'm way OVER that sound too.... )

I thought "you NCL folks" (I am one of you) were amongst the least uptight crowd... maybe not...

Somewhere in this sub-forum someone posted on PCA...Positive Cruise Attitude... Maybe it should be required reading... .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2061395

I can't stand a person who can't hold their liquor :)

Me neither... Hopefully he had the beverage package and only wasted the martini, and not the $10...

Wait a minute... this is supposed to be a cranky thread...

I know that song for many more reasons that CCL, so it doesn't surprise me that they would play it in a party atmosphere, it's easy for people to sing along. It registered more with a chain of all-inclusives to me.

Not my thing, but hey, not everyone likes to spend their time being a degenerate gambler like me :)